1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

V The Barcodes

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bullet tooth Tony, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

please log in to view this image

Pedro 1-0 Hazard 2-0 concede late on 2-1 win. That's how I see it.

2. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Even with the early goal, Toon have not looked troubled. Deserved the equaliser.

3. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Decent prediction Abu!!

Didn’t play that well but we needed that after the last couple of home games. Nice 6 point cushion now with Arsenal losing too.

4. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Decent prediction Abu!!

Didn’t play that well but we needed that after the last couple of home games. Nice 6 point cushion now with Arsenal losing too.

5. Bullet tooth Tony

Jorginho is again underwhelming and not in the same class as Kante in the central mid position. Kovacic had a mare, Hazard assisted for Willians goal but not much else. Rudi and Luiz are performing better but Dave seems to be going through a rough patch, Stan, well on todays performance has a point about Alonso. Don't know why Pedro cant stay in the game he pops up now and again but goes missing for long periods. Big plus Gooners loosing is the best spin I can put on today.

BobbyD likes this.
  6. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

When we compare ourselves to Goons to feel better, we are destined for Europa..

7. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

With you there! Entire midfield was pretty ordinary again. Jorghino is looking like a 2nd rate Mikel, everything goes side wards, backwards, just as long as it goes doesn't seem to worry him where. We cant' outplay other midfields with that sort of player, and he's slow to boot, both running and thinking. Hope it's' first season settling, but he just looks a class below what's needed.
    Luiz is doing all the attacking passing and Hazard looks as if he'd rather be somewhere else.
    Dull game against very poor opposition, with 2 very good goals, and a needed win.
    We stagger ever onwards We'll need sharpening up for Arsenal.

8. The Ginger Marks

Agree we wasn’t very good yesterday but it was largely the same midfield which rag-dolled the Spuds last week in the EFL cup.

9. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

The Newcastle goal should not have stood. Two Newcastle corners in succession were allowed to be taken outside the half D. The second corner Newcastle scored from. I watched the BBC match of the day highlights this morning and there was no mention of it. I was in the East Stand with a great view of both corners.

A group of supporters behind me were criticizing Jorginho all game, he did seem poor and our midfield was being dominated by the Barcodes as a result. Anyway, I was pleased with the result and especially with the superb goals from Pedro and Willian.

Naas Blue likes this.
  10. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

Top 4 is warming up now !!! Spurs beaten today can work in our favour for League Cup 2nd leg...doubts been sown in "Spursy" minds. Son will be gone away, Sissoko possibly gone through injury, and their lack of signings catching up. Could be a very interesting few months to come. Treble and top 4 anyone ? P.S. If i'm talking through me arse like Stan, don't hesitate to tell me !:emoticon-0148-yes:

BobbyD likes this.

11. Chelsea Pensioner

Nobody talks through their arse like Stan !!!!!!

Naas Blue likes this.
  12. Naas Blue

G'day C.P. How is Oz treating you. You're already well into Monday at this stage. The closest i'll ever get to Oz is watchin Outback Truckers on Discovery channel !!! Any nice vinos tasted lately ?

13. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Does anyone know why the Barcode supporters were chanting “you Cockney b**tard get out of our club”? If they’re referring to their owner, I thought the Barcode owner - Mike Ashley - is from Walsall not London.

14. Bullet tooth Tony

Ashley was born in Buckingham, they could have been referring to Dennis Wise who they happen to hate for some reason. Or they think Buckingham is in London. They also think anyone born south of Watford is a Cockney.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  15. Chelsea Pensioner

Hi Naas, things are OK here, though the inland suffering awful heat wave. We were in UK and Europe in June & July and it was bloody hot there too, 30+ in London and high 30s in Italy and France. This global warming is starting to really kick in and our dopey politicians think its all nonsense, idiots.
    On the vino side, there is a new style of Chardonnay, little or no oak and dry as a stick, becoming popular, which is fine with me cause Im over NZ Sauv Blancs. Look for any Chardonnay from Tumburrumba or Canberra, and finally our growers have discovered Tempranillos and other southern European red grapes, like primitivo. Not too heavy around 12.5% and so better in our climate.
    Only bad wine in my book is when the bottle is empty !!!!!

Naas Blue likes this.
  16. Naas Blue

Thanks for the vino tips C.P. Will try the off licence next w/end for those specific ones. I'm presuming Tesco or the likes wouldn't stretch to that kind of range.

17. Bullet tooth Tony

You might be surprised Naas, I have found some absolute gems in ASDA lately.

Naas Blue likes this.
  18. Chelsea Pensioner

You might be surprised, There's a lot of growers in those areas I mentioned, and UK supermarkets carry a good number of excellent stuff.