1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Us vs Wolves

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Darren Peacock’s Ponytail, Sep 25, 2021.

1. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

I mean I agree but even that would be deemed catastrophic. But honestly can see he still being in the job even if we get that 1 point.

2. Prince Isak (GG)

That just isn’t happening is it?

3. JokeInEre

JokeInEre Well-Known Member

I reckon he is here regardless. Ashley is banking on a similar turnaround to last year after the Brighton game. In fairness to Ashley we should be doing alot better than we are, but then again he did employ a serial loser as manager so **** him the ****.

Prince Isak (GG) likes this.
  4. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

Yep. Bruce's Excuses. He'll point to Shelvey (who, in fairness, has way better stats in terms of chances, etc., than more or less anyone else), Dubravka and Wilson being missing and - to be fair - it's a point.

Thing is if we do get a takeover and new manager, there's enough quality there to survive.

5. JokeInEre

JokeInEre Well-Known Member

We could be too far adrift by that stage though. How Schar and Fraser can not get into this team is beyond me. Surely they are worth a start at this stage? The Everton away performance from last year springs to mind. 4-1-2-2-1. Schar was instrumental in that and yet he hasn't got a look in this season.

Munson. likes this.
  6. Roland Deschain

Personally, not a fan of Fraser, I think he wasn't even worth the £0 we paid. I think Murphy's a better player, but would be suited to a wide role.

Big decisions basically need to be made. The 4-3-3 you speak of makes the most sense to me. Flat back four, Manq/Schar/Fede/Lewis (Ritchie's not a ****ing left back, and just gets worse every game). Holding midfielder (Hayden will do). Two central midfielder with the ability to get it forward (Almiron, Willock, Shelvey, Longstaff). Wide right (Murphy), wide left (ASM) with 'inside forward' responsibility. And a recognised striker (Wilson, Gayle, Stephenson).

What do we not need? 3 CB's, wingbacks, attacking fullbacks, our fastest player being the most advanced, 3 or 4 formations per match.

There are so many basic managerial/coaching errors it beggars belief. We have 3 CB's playing, none of whom can play football, so they all stay well back and slow down attacks. 2 midfielders are then easy to over-run which is what happened when the dopey bastards switched to a back five, Jimenez got past one and there was three docile morons back peddling. ASM furthest forward means when he gets it, he has no support. He's also not making CF runs to stretch the opposition, because he wants the ball to feet.

Basically, everything our illustrious Head Coach continues to do is wrong and it is just mystifying how he can't see the issues.

JokeInEre likes this.
  7. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

We are already down lads. Accept it.

Welshie likes this.
  8. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

I agree

Hope we can come back up, hopefully we go for a young manager when we are down there and keep him long term.

Lee Bowyer 100% my choice

Flash likes this.
  9. Hamish McMagdad

Hamish McMagdad cult leader

This aged well :emoticon-0102-bigsm

Warmir Pouchov and Flash like this.
  10. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

In short no. You can't really miss Jonjo because he does so little. The problem I think is more when we have underperforming areas, we look to the guys not playing thinking they could do better. Reality is outside of Wilson, they're also gash. That's of course just my opinion, but I can't see how Shelvey has become a better player whilst not playing. To a man on here, no one wanted him in the team. There was a reason for that.

11. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Its a bit of a catch 22 for me. It seems he is scared to upset Jones and change the formation/style Jones is keen for us to play. I get it. You have to take pain to change and you've brought Jones in for this reason. I go back to Jones not being there for pre season because of England. I think it was a terrible thing for Newcastle United at a critical time. We are in danger of relegating ourselves by trying to get through the pain period. The Gayle thing must be coming from Jones, because Bruce keeps alluding to him not being the right fit for the formation in question. **** that man, play the striker we have regardless if its Gayle. I can kinda see where Bruce (or rather Jones) is coming from. If we keep ASM deep, then we are resigning ourselves to using him as a ball carrier and playing on the counter. That's not ideal. However the problem lies in not addressing the quality in the centre of the park coupled with Willock underperforming massively. We can't blame Bruce or Jones for Willock, some of it has to come from the player. He is completely out of sorts. I'd bench him personally but I think they'll be scared of the fans reaction.

The club has done this to itself with its lack of desire to improve year on year. By appointing people like Bruce. Its all the same thing over and over, and its basically Ashley corner cutting when all is said and done. I don't want it to sound like I'm slating Jones either, I think he has been a good thing. But the whole integration of him and his ideas stinks of Ashley so bad.

12. Roland Deschain

100%. £250k to avoid relegation? Winner winner chicken dinner. Guarantee Ashley's sat there, smug as ****, thinking he's got this football club ownership down. Employ dipshit manager who'd take a pineapple to the anus if it meant keeping the job, do any cheap trick you want to try and muddle into 17th, watch as all the ire and blame lands at said dipshits door and still comfortably survive.

Whenever we've had a concerted effort with three in the middle - because individually we're so weak in CM - has led to our better results. Even if it's two sitting and allowing Willock to break, that's fine, do that. But there's a reluctance to drop Joelinton or Almiron, pointing to useless stats as a means to keep them in. We then end up trying to cover a multitude of sins regularly because there's elements to the job these lads can't do. But it's like I said, look at your personnel then build a formation to suit. Or pick a formation then put the right players on the field. We muddle the two.

13. Prince Isak (GG)

Oh **** I also predicted this aswell.

I know nothing.

14. Roland Deschain

The name was right, shame he hasn’t brought any tactical sense.

15. Rudekid

Rudekid Well-Known Member

Why? Surely you're not judging the guy after 4 games and no transfer window?

16. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

He is.

<doh>

Munson. likes this.
  17. Rudekid

Rudekid Well-Known Member

<laugh>

18. Prince Isak (GG)

No I’m not judging me silly sally.

Im judging ME!

19. Prince Isak (GG)

I wasn’t. I was judging me. I clearly stated it in my post.