1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic US Civil War?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Gordonthetoony

Gordonthetoony Well-Known Member

He certainly isn't everyone's cup of tea, however, over 70M Americans voted for him. Look at some of his positives, First President in years who never sent troops to war, he actually brought a huge number home. Ensured North Korea finally talked to Western powers, Got Arab States and Israel to begin reconciling. Ensured the largest number of Black Americans into employment than ever before. Got the Mid West states manufacturing again. Need I Go on.
    He is hated by other politicians etc because they can't buy him, being a billionaire in his own right. Doesn't follow the establishment so they can't rule Washington.
    Not my cup of teas but he is his own man.

2. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Understatement of the year. <laugh>

From the BBC and something I agree with.

“The episode says much about Washington's standing in the world after four years of the Donald Trump presidency. The US has haemorrhaged both influence and soft power.

It has pulled out of arms control agreements, the Iran nuclear deal, and a major climate accord. It has sought to reduce its military engagements overseas while offering little in the way of diplomatic alternatives.”

The man has been a walking disaster. Some (I don’t have any idea how many) voted for him because he was the Republican candidate. Some (again I don’t know how many) voted for him because he appealed to their fears a la Hitler. He is the main reason for the “assault “ on the Capitol last week when essentially the foundations of democracy were being attacked and undermined.

Incidentally Hitler also improved employment figures but I wouldn’t be suggesting we follow his lead.

3. Gordonthetoony

Gordonthetoony Well-Known Member

If it's off the BBC I wouldn't believe a word they say. Defund them is what I say, the sooner the better.

mclagan, LiamO and Judge Death like this.