1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Up next the Yellows (ffs)

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Spanish, Oct 15, 2021.

1. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

We've got too many options up top and not enough flexibility in those, it was something I was always concerned about. But given how Cook sets teams up up we still need more options in Central midfield we're too lightweight.

2. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

If we take the loans out of the equation then our attacking options are very poor quality, with the exception of Chaplin and Norwood, who doesn’t seem to have a future at the club.

3. Buckyohare

Buckyohare Well-Known Member

I like the idea of allowing him a series of transfer windows and that’s very generous these days, but preferable to a revolving door of managers. Arrigo Sachi said the primary’s reason he achieved total domination of the game with his Milan side was because he was given time to achieve it.

Hiwevrr, cook isn’t saying ‘let’s try something radical here’ he’s literally playing his tried and tested system with a load of his tried and tested players and I just think he’s being out thought and doesn’t have a plan to manage a game when we’re 2-0 up, for example.

I remain of the view he might be the best bet we have at the moment (and I don’t want to sack him as he should have time plus there’s no one better available…) but if we ever go up we’re going to need a lot more nous in the championship.