1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Up for the cup - Luton away....

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Aug 5, 2017.

1. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

The next game against Barnsley away will be more of an indicator of how our season will turn out. At least tonight's result has banished the misery of the Lincoln debacle!

San Diego and Castro Sito like this.
  2. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Decent result that, still think Micks a ****er but then....if we beat barca i would still think he is a ****er!

3. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

It's a decent start.....I think our season will depend on Mick having the balls to let the players continue to try to play football after a poor result rather than reverting to lumping it aimlessly.

ostlan and San Diego like this.
  4. johnnywarksmoustache

I hope you are managing to keep cool out in Cordoba mate! PHEW 42 Degrees last week!

5. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

That you would Spanish and if Roy Keane won the world cup with England I would still loathe him.

It's a decent start for once - two winnable away games next but three on the road in 8 days with injuries is tough. Lets see what we can do. Appears we're trying to play more footy and some promising lads are playing so I'm for that. Helps we have a strikeforce this term as opposed to last year.

No idea if we have enough to do anything this season - but it at least appears to be an improvement on last term.

Wonder if we'll have any more arrive before deadline day. COYB.

6. johnnywarksmoustache

I know that it is easy to get carried away with a couple of good results at the start of the season but we have been here many times before, The Away games against Barnsley and Millwall will give us a better idea of how well we will do,

7. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

I must admit Warky I have no idea how this season will pan out - good start sure but I'll judge after 11 games played - 25% of the season if you will. I still feel we haven't spent enough to truly compete and we're somewhat limited in what we can bring in. Other clubs clear as day can bring in more talented players. Mick or no Mick this isn't going to change.

When I look at the squads Norwich / Wendy / Derby / Leeds / Wolves / Boro / Villa have in particular, top 6? Seems impossible.

But we'll have to see I suppose. I think we've plugged some massive gaping holes from last season. We've kept Bart. We have Webster back fit which will allow us to play more footy. We're finally starting to give the kids a go ( get well Dozza ) and there does seem to be a bit of a feel good factor back for the first time in 18 or so months at least.

Lets hope for some points at both Barnsley and Millwall. No offence to either of their sets of fans, however I'd expect both to be bottom 7 and struggling so it appears a decent opportunity.

8. johnnywarksmoustache

All I do know is that a fit and healthy McGoldrick is absolutely vital to our prospects of doing well. He is far and away our most skill full and creative player and we need a big season from him. My worry is that he is too injury prone and is bound to be side lined at some point during the season.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  9. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

we are all keeping things in perspective and are well aware that the wheels could come off anytime, but its so good to be able to be looking forward to the next game instead of dreading it.
    I would take a draw at Barnsley now.

10. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

47 degs in mid July Warky! Toooo hot at least the footy aint getting me hot under the collar!

11. Castro Sito

Castro Sito Well-Known Member

Man! It feels like winter's on its way here, wtf's going on!