1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread United vs Palace

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by cytrax, Sep 19, 2020.

1. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

The smaller team players are probably more motivated when coming up against the big guns, possibly hoping to get noticed, and hoovered up, then to enjoy early retirement. I am being too cynical ? Do players think/behave like that ? <laugh>

2. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I did think about that. Motivation is a huge part of it. Our players already earn massive wages and often it feels like they are simply not showing up.

This is where the onus is on the managers to find methods to keep their teams motivated and hungry against all the external factors including egos.

In my opinion, the worst thing about our team right now is lack of hungry. I do hope that this is a short term trend due to lack of preseason.

3. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

Supporters of most, if not all teams, demand new signings at the first hint of trouble, loss of points, etc. The bigger Clubs look for the big name, expensive stars, but they are often the wrong players to sign. Character is very important, and how well will the new signing will fit in, etc., with the philosophy of the Club. Supporters don't give a damn, they just want their Club to sign, sign, then sign some more. Supporters of the bigger Clubs care little for character, they just want to brag about their latest hundred million pound gamble.

cytrax likes this.