1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread United vs Blades - Uncut

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Treble, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Ah hmm <whistle>

Christiansmith likes this.
  2. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Gives you a great chance after the **** up last season <ok> :emoticon-0100-smile

3. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Two people trying to hold the fort against a tide of ****ing misplaced euphoria and optimism ...;)

Diego likes this.
  4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

They've lost to every top club in the league.

Including 3-0 to Southampton, 4-1 to Chelsea and 3-1 to Spurs.

I don't think they'd won a league game before tonight.

What any of this has to do with us being able to beat them I don't know. The point is, we have a manager who has driven a mentality into the players that as far the as the league is concerned, finish Top 4 because then I get to keep my job. The trouble with that is, eventually that mentality seeps into the games you should be expected to win.

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Funny because the only people that claim we're the best thing since sliced bread is you two after we win a game. See the Liverpool FA Cup thread for details <laugh>

6. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Interesting you name 3 teams that play fast on the break like we do, it seems they are learning to sit back more.

7. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

That's 'The Pig', a staffy cross and a beautiful girl

Treble likes this.
  8. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

You need to explain that one mate, i think we are far from a good/great team yet.
    Have had some very good results though <ok>

9. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

We only do that in name mate. The reality is other teams genuinely go past defences on the break. We don't.

I can probably count the league goals we've scored on the break on one hand.

10. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

It’s all about complacency. The manager cannot avoid his responsibility in this but you also have to look at the players too. They were jogging , expecting the goal to just materialise. The second goal, no one rushed to close the player down. It’s so ****ing poor. Rashford and Fernandes were absolutely rank today.

but anyway that is a reality check. Hopefully everyone gets back on their game for the Arsenal game. It cannot be ****ing worse than this.

glazerfodder likes this.

11. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

She looks it tbh. Not sure about the name though lol

12. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

So we normally go through packed defences then?

13. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

The team selection was all wrong. He persists with Martial when the bloke offers nothing. The only reason he picks him is because of his pace, which becomes completely redundant when teams sit back and defend and we play in front of them. Matic is just an utter waste of space. If he isn't giving away free-kicks he's giving the ball away. Every pass is a gangly sideways ball which isn't even in front of the player he's passing to so any forward momentum stops dead in its tracks.

Why did he play Tuanzebe out of the blue? Two games ago it was Bailly, then he switched to Lindloff against Liverpool out of the blue. Then Tuanzebe.

Greenwood was poor today but to take him off instead of Martial when the wise move would've been to switch Rashford to the left, Cavani through the middle where the pair of them had just played really well against Liverpool.

How do you expect the players to gel or get any rhythm from one game to the next when you're fcking about with the team like that.

But above all, the attitude from the players comes from the attitude of the manager. His whole approach is play safe play safe play safe. That's why NONE of our players are actually being coached to take on defenders with the ball.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  14. organic red

<laugh>......Her real name is 'Piglet' but its naturally been shortened to 'Pig' or 'The Pig'...............i.e. 'Has 'The Pig' been walked today?' etc.
    Not my dog unfortunately.

Treble likes this.
  15. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Nope. Just because teams don't play gung ho doesn't mean they pack defences either.

16. Libby

Libby 9-0

We didn't play on the break against them. They parked the bus and we're one of the worst top flight sides I've ever seen.

17. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

<laugh> Ah now that's a good name. Whose is it?

I've never owned a dog tbh, but in my younger days I was with a girl who had a black "sprocker" and she was a beaut (the dog).

organic red likes this.
  18. organic red

Actually owned by an ex, the mother of my daughter. I've never owned a dog either, but after meeting Pig it convinced me that when the time is right
    I will get a young staffy from a rescue.
    Talking sprockers, my sister and her fella got one a couple of years back. A bit of a handful for the first 12 months or so but a lovely dog now.

Treble likes this.
  19. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Martial has to go - he doesn't have the heart for it and by keeping him in the side we are forced to play Rashford in areas of the pitch where he is less effective. Give Cavani another contract and use the time/money from the Martial sale to plot a transfer for a top goal scorer, not another young sensation with 'potential'.

Both goalkeepers were at fault last night as was the ref, inconsistent isn't the name for it.

Matic is like having a hippo in a team of athletes, he is useless and has to go.

Upwards and onwards.

Treble likes this.
  20. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I heard earlier today someone suggesting signing Diego Costa. I've never like the bloke because he's a dirty, snide rat on the pitch but I'm trying to look at it objectively as he's a top striker and the circumstances may make him the right fit for United right now.

When Cavani's not playing we lack that natural number 9 up front. Martial is not a striker, I personally don't want him on the wing either, don't want him at the club tbph - miserable sod. Costa's a free agent, we could sign him until the end of the season. Rotate between him and Cavani. Costa has power, physical strength, he's a natural goalscorer and he plays off the shoulder of defenders but is versatile enough to hold the ball up when needed.

Diego likes this.