1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread United Vs Atalanta - Award Winning Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Treble, Oct 20, 2021.

1. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

This thought-process is backward, Diego. Forget football; in business, if your staff are sht regardless of how many times you’ve brought on fresh employees, it is the manager that gets the boot for not performing. Thus, it is the responsibility of the manager to get the most out of his crew.

This is the way life works across all verticals. Please stop lying to yourself by telling yourself otherwise, Diego.

2. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Correction… Not everything that goes wrong… everything is down to the manager! For better or for worse.

3. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

This is a news article from years ago:

Zidane is understood to be interested in the United job and learning English ahead of other potential new posts. United have said they will not make any knee-jerk decisions over Mourinho's position despite the Portuguese struggling to illicit a response from his players and lift a gloomy atmosphere around the club.

Specifically, Mourinho struggled to “illicit” response from his players.

Yeah, let’s blame the players this time around and not the coach.

4. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Manager watch

First half: minus points
    Second half: plus points:
    Overall: win = plus points

On we go to Sunday.

glazerfodder likes this.
  5. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Made a couple of minor adjustments.

We won the game when one of McFred were taken off (in yesterday's case McTominay). Once Pogba was on and we re shaped, we scored two and three.

If Ole pigheadedly persists with selecting Fred and McTominay together it will ultimately cost him his job, as it doesn't even work and it isn't necessary. We won yesterday's game by playing to the strengths of our multiple forwards.

Only one of that pair should ever be played.

I just know he'll go down this cautious route on Sunday, even though I hope I'm wrong.

Christiansmith likes this.
  6. Christiansmith

We won the game because we threw the kitchen sink at them using the full ammo at our disposal.

No doubt in my mind he will go down that route. Pogba is not defensive enough and Matic is not mobile enough. The Leicester debacle is too fresh. He’ll bring Pogba in the 2nd half to retrieve the situation.

glazerfodder likes this.
  7. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Pogba may well not be defensive enough but if the game plan and coaching is for all players, including forwards, to press and defend as a team then Pogba can then be held culpable.

Until then, the culpability still lies with the manager and coaching as it is clear that they are not collectively told to do this. Unless I'm seriously being told (bring on Bert and Ernie!) that the team ignore all the coaching and game plan and decide themselves they ain't going to bother.

All you have to do it watch City or Liverpool (as much as it pains me) to see a team playing as a unit.

We don't.

Treble and cytrax like this.
  8. Christiansmith

Pogba has been doing his own thing since day one. Many blame the coaching staff but none of us know how or what he’s been trained or instructed. Mourinho fell out big time with him because he wouldn’t do his defensive duties. Is it really that far fetched to believe that a player like Pogba doesn’t follow solskjaer’s instructions?

glazerfodder likes this.
  9. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

All of them though?

10. Christiansmith

Definition of unity? One bad apple?

11. Christiansmith

As an aside, United gave me a few quid last night. When Atalanta scored their 2nd, not surprisingly the odds on a United win immediately lengthened to 7-1. Putting a tenner on it was really a no brainer for me as any United goal scored would promptly reduce these odds and I could cash out a profit at any time. I held on and got the full 70.

Not usually a gambler but this was an opportunity I couldn’t pass.

12. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

You’re making the case why Ole is weak in your posts.

Regardless, picking one player here and there to blame while somehow absolving the man that is responsible for putting the team out and preparing them for matches as his sole purpose is just ludicrous analysis.

13. Christiansmith

Well if he is responsible for the Leicester loss he is responsible for the Atalanta win <cool> ;) Nothing is black or white. Nothing is 100% bad or 100% good.

on pogba, he did bench him didn’t he? ;)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  14. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Except that so called alleged bad apple wasn't on the pitch and they still weren't defending, pressing and tracking as a team so, no.

15. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

Yeah, he did.

And we improved when he came on.

Kind of invalidates whatever point you're trying to make really.

cytrax likes this.
  16. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

This conversation and the arguments put forward by Ole sympathizers is becoming quite pathetic. You know for a fact that a team plays in an image of a manager - this is a universal and accepted measuring standard of how effective any manager is. Not just Ole at United. Yet you are somehow desperately trying to reinvent a new definitions in order to sooth yourselves while also contradicting yourselves. Just fkin pathetic!!

What would it take to have an objective perspective on the situation by simply looking at our performances, vast resources and investments made in the last three years and call it what it is? Even then, I am certain that most of you will still continue with excuses to shield the man in charge. Not even Ole and friends can defend his ineffectiveness at this point.

The logic (lack of) used here is quite pathetic like I said earlier.

17. Christiansmith

Agree that no side is listening to the other.

I think the polarisation is obvious because some here thinks he should go now whilst others think he should go when he is not in a position to deliver any trophies. It’s only early season. It is a bad patch. We won’t reconcile the two groups because of the certainties that some have. As I said (not just my opinion) he will NOT be sacked by the board/owners unless top 4 looks out of sight.

18. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Rivals fans definitely agree with your position. I’ll leave it at that.

19. Christiansmith

Rival fans tend to wind others up. Quite understandable and we would be doing the same. It’s not necessarily my position. I’m outlining the position of the club. Whether you or I call for him to go now or at the end of year or at the end of season, doesn’t make a jot of difference to the eventual outcome. I will criticise when I think he’s at fault and I’ll give him credit when he’s due.

20. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

What part of this...

...did you not get? <doh>

It's like talking with illiterates on here at times it really is <laugh>

cytrax likes this.