1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread United Vs Atalanta - Award Winning Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Treble, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

What a ****ing game!

FFS this team puts me through the ringer. It’s a good thing it was Atalanta but let’s be honest it were any better team, we would have been thrashed.

I can savour tonight without thinking about the manager. Just hope others here can.

Treble likes this.
  2. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

So give him some ****ing credit

3. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Scholes said the same.

I'll enjoy it as a great night. Not quite like the comeback against Real Madrid when Beckham came on, but I'll enjoy the fact we played well in the second half and comeback to win.

4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Anyone know what the group looks like now?

We were bottom at half-time. Laugh my nuts off if we're top now.

5. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

He gets absolute credit for hauling McTominay off and putting Pogba on, so we go on and win the game. Great comeback.

How about trying that from the start instead? If someone can name a game when McFred has worked and been the axis for us winning a match they win a prize.

He got us out of the mire but the mire was down to him in the first place, it's that simple.

cytrax and Treble like this.
  6. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I knew half way through the first half, he'd be bringing on Pogba. It was so obvious.

Was there a change in tactics? No, he just put on better players who had the quality to pull it off against a poor side.

I hope to God he doesn't think because of the comeback, that's the blueprint for the game against Liverpool. We'll be 4/5 down by Half-time.

7. glazerfodder

How is that half empty glass of yours - keep drinking from it, things can only get better <laugh>.

8. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

LMAO...

Table.JPG

9. Christiansmith

I am hoping that this match give the coaching staff lots of issues to address on the training pitch. The first half wasn’t that bad from our attacking point of view. We could and should have 2 goals. But we can’t ignore the chances we conceded. 2 goals from set pieces yet again. Lack of concentration? Not sufficient defensive play? Yes, if we play like this on Sunday we are in massive trouble.

But tonight I cannot be bothered about the manager. There will be plenty of occasions for that. If people here cannot savour a victory like this, then I feel sorry for them. Isn’t it what being a fan is about?

glazerfodder likes this.
  10. glazerfodder

Not being bothered about the manger? Naughty boy, the prefects will be on your case in no time.

Christiansmith likes this.

11. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

There's a great post-match debate going on, on BT Sport between Scholes and Rio.

Almost as good as the match itself.

12. Christiansmith

Fans will criticise when the team loses. I was so pissed off by the Leicester match it was unbelievable. But fans should be over the moon when they win. Win and in that manner and still criticise? WTF. Misery guts doesn’t start to describe it.

like somebody said tonight you can only play what’s in front of you. The team loses the manager shoulder the blame (at least some of it). Win the manager must get the credit (at least some of it).

glazerfodder likes this.
  13. glazerfodder

Absolutely, but keep it quiet otherwise we will find ourselves on the naughty step by the not Ole but '**** knows who' crew

14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

You two really don't get it do you?

Some of us could see the mess we're in, months ago, as far back as last season. You couldn't.

Even now, the same people are telling you, that whilst the game and result was an enjoyable one, the same problems persist. And even now you're still towing the line you were 6 months ago.

cytrax likes this.
  15. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

The first half was beyond horrible. It was very similar to how we played at Leicester. There was no plan to execute against. So we try to brute force it.

Sadly for me today, I was watching Bayern Munich last league match before switching to this game. It was impossible to watch those first fifteen minutes without wondering wtf was really going on. The middle field was completely dead and the chances that we had were all fuzzing the efforts as opposed to executing a tactics.

That was not a way to start a match after the horrible run of games that we’ve been on. The players were largely stagnant and not running into passes. Of course being two goals down and going into the second half something definitely had to give. I’m glad Ole made the changes necessary but it can’t glare over the insidious lack of consistent performance from this team. The manager fully owns that responsibility and he would know this.

16. Christiansmith

Come on mate. Yes we are in a mess. We are ****ing **** sometimes. But there is a little bit of you that’s delighted about the match. Come on admit it. No one will say you are a turncoat after a good result. ;)

17. glazerfodder

<laugh> No, they can't - Chief said. Our Mum's will be getting told that we're in trouble soon...

18. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

The problem is some of our supporters can't accept the fact that their hero, brilliant players just don't put the effort in that most other teams do. It's easier to blame the mangers set up or tactics.

glazerfodder likes this.
  19. glazerfodder

That's where I think you are wrong. If you look closely, if you do a freeze frame of the game, often you can just glimpse Ole on the pitch just before a crap free-kick, I think he moves the ball a little. Its the same when Shaw makes a poor tackle, look closely and Ole is beside him on the touchline distracting him. So much of Ole's second by second impact on the player's individual performance on the pitch goes unreported. Everything that goes wrong is the manager's fault - I think we have to accept the grown ups are right on this one.

Christiansmith and Diego like this.
  20. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

<laugh>