1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread United v Spurs

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Oct 19, 2022.

1. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Can't see how we could reasonably change that side, they were excellent to a man, especially the central midfield pair.
    Eriksen is a great substitute to bring on, as would be Martial if he's fit.

Rashford needs to be disiplined as the central striker, and not drift wide unless someone is overlapping centrally.

No need to change anything, there was a big improvement Sunday to yesterday and you'd hope that they will kick on further by Sunday's game.

glazerfodder and Treble like this.
  2. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Just reading a report that rather than being miffed at not getting on the pitch, CR refused to play having been told by ETH to get himself ready and instead, walked off down the tunnel. IF that is true then he can never play again. Stick him on the bench for the U23's and be done until January

Breaking - He has been excluded from the squad to face Chelsea

cytrax likes this.
  3. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Thats even more disappointing. It’s a team game and that’s unacceptable. However great footballer you are. The manager (if that’s his action) is right and there won’t be a single fan disagreeing with him. The player can never be bigger than the club.

glazerfodder likes this.
  4. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Ronaldo started on Sunday and we were toothless.

He didn't last night and we romped it.

He needs to ****ing take that in. I suppose he would have expected fifteen minutes at the end but, for **** sake, it's one game. One.
    I expected better of him.

It's probably dawning on him he needs game time pre world cup so he either needs to back down or terminate his own contract and **** off.

No one wanted him though, so where's he going?

glazerfodder likes this.
  5. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

With the antics at the start of July, this was never going to end well. The club needs to be more brave going forward in getting rid of disrupters whenever they place themselves above the team. The likes of Pogba and Lingard should have never been allowed to stay for as long as they did. Hopefully Ronaldo is the last of the ego-culture.

6. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Looks like he's taken the back down route with his statement.

It's mutually beneficial to have him in the squad for the remaining games till the world cup.

He'll want to get fit and prove a point, which is an asset. He's always going to be professional about it, this brain fart aside. He's just not the type who wouldn't try.

He then needs to leave in January.

7. glazerfodder

I applaud ETH for taking this stance. The squad will take note that if he can do this to CR he can and will do it to anyone.

cytrax and Christiansmith like this.
  8. Christiansmith

We all have said our piece regarding this player. Let’s not waste anymore ink and our time. we should ignore those antics designed to grab the headlines (and I hope against hope the press/media will do the same).

Let’s focus on the team which shouldn’t be derailed by the ego of one selfish man

cytrax likes this.
  9. glazerfodder

TBH I think they have distanced themselves from his behaviour and don't give a **** whether he stays or goes.

10. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Awesome defending.

Throws the game away within minutes of coming on.

11. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

They never looked like scoring. Worst case scenario 1 point was ok.

McTominay is an utter prick.

12. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Ok, costs us the win.

Huge plus to pull back the draw though.

Treble likes this.
  13. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Correct.

That's ****e what he did.

Treble likes this.
  14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

We should've taken the lead in the first half. Completely controlled the game then. But as usual we just can't finish atm.

I thought we were always comfortable. When it got to the last 15 mins just expected a 0-0 as everyone looked knackered. Would've been content with that tbh.

Casemiro btw. What a beast. Chuffed he scored. Bloke is quality.

cytrax, Christiansmith and Chief like this.
  15. Christiansmith

Dominated the first half. To make more progress we need to convert that dominance into goals. A 2-0 lead wouldn’t have been unfair. As I’ve said a few matches ago, it’s a shame that Rashford’s conversion rate is not good. He could and should have at least 2 goals today.

We now have a competitive team, which was all I was hoping for at the start of the season.

Diego and Treble like this.
  16. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

It's hard to explain about Rashford. It's not like he's fluffing the majority of chance. Plenty are very good strikes, on target, and on another run of games could quite easily netted him 4/5 goals.

I think it's a case of bringing in a proper CF in January and taking the pressure off him.

I agree about the competitive team. I think tactically we're better, the high press, quick transition from defence to attack has also been very promising.

cytrax and Diego like this.
  17. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I agree on Rashford. He did what he needed to do today. Playing Chelsea at the Bridge, you’re not exactly going to score with every opportunity. But he forced the keeper into decent saves.

This was one of the better performances I’ve seen from this team in several years. The movement from the back to midfield and cohesion across the team was there for all to see. The players actually look like they know exactly what they are doing. Even Shaw is now dynamic. It is clear that the coaching of Ten Hag is transforming the mindset of the players.

Things are definitely looking up and if we can get our goal rate up, this team will be competing for trophies again.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2022
    Treble likes this.