1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread United v City

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

There are a lot of players I could have mentioned, Balotelli came to mind because he played in Manchester, had a similar languid style and attitude (although he was a striker) but wanted to be the star. Both players could have been/be so much better with the ethics of the 3 previously mentioned players.

Please tell me you are not trying the old politics thread trait of throwing the racist card <doh>

bulletinthehead and Treble like this.
  2. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

No mate I ain't .
    I just don't understand the lack of effort .
    The talent is there but maybe it's the money that takes over !

Diego and Treble like this.
  3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Too many players like that, think they have made it (and they have money wise) but couldn't give two ****s about football.

Sorry for the comment, wasn't warranted. I really need to stay away from that thread for a while <laugh> :emoticon-0150-hands

Edelman likes this.
  4. CFC: Champs £launderx17

BIt harsh.

Was Matic injured yesterday?

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

He was on the bench.

6. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Not really.

His mind isn't in it and he's costing us goals, simple as that. All the while asking for a new pay of £350k a week.

7. bulletinthehead

bulletinthehead Active Member

Thank God you beat us to that signing!
    (and Sanchez)

8. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I'll give you the latter, absolutely gutted we paid over the odds for that **** and you lot ended up with Mahrez, who we should have just signed in the first place.

Can only hope Fred has some miraculous second season improvement but really can't see it.

9. bulletinthehead

bulletinthehead Active Member

It's possible. If City and United were both after him, he can't be useless

10. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Will depend on who he has around him as well, can't be easy having to cover the likes of Pogba and the defenders behind him.

bulletinthehead likes this.

11. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Does Ole not rate him?

12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I think the fact he's been slow generally and at times even poor in possession probably worried Ole against City. As it goes City played slow for the first 50 mins and Matic may well have been fine, but that's hindsight. I think it's time for Matic to go tbh so I wouldn't be surprised if Ole wants him out.

Fred may be **** but he gets about and wins tackles. Once he gets the ball is where the problem starts.

13. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

United is a long way from where we want to be. We've have had enough evidence to confirm that the solution will not be short term.

1. Managers

We've tried different types of managers. All with various qualities. Moyes LVG and Mourinho had a lot going for them before joining us. But just couldn't hack it. The job was just to big for all of them not just Moyes. So we definitely need a Director of Football to help both Woodward and the manager. Ferguson took a while to grow into the job and that job has now increased several folds.

2. Players
    No point chasing the stars. In my lifetime following United pre-Ferguson this has rarely worked. We recruited the top seasons goal scorers who then spent 40 matches without scoring. Birtles Brazil Davenport are just a few that come to mind.

We need to look for United type of players especially a United leader like Keane or Robson. That's top priority. We need players who do not have stage fright or selfish or play only when they feel like it.

We need to stop agonising over short term goals . If we get CL great but if not we'll manage. Let's not recruit one player like Sanchez at high cost just for some short term expediency.

Solskjaer has started well but being drawn against PSG and Barcelona meant he was bound to suffer a few defeats. He has done well not only to arrest the slide down the table but to be still in contention for a cl place. Long shot but possible.
    So let's give him a chance for the length of his contract 3 years. Let him work with the director of football to build the foundation. Let him use the young players even that means us missing Europe for one or even 2 years. The club would not bankrupted by that.

That short termism of Woodward and the owners is ultimately at the origin of our troubles. It's high time we take a long term view.

Treble likes this.
  14. CFC: Champs £launderx17

What about Martial? Is he a keeper?

15. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Good post and I agree not bothered about CL footy, it may actually benefit Ole and give him the time to build a first team and a squad.

16. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

A yes from me. He needs to start week in week out. The problem for some of our better players has been the midfield. I think Martial and Rashford in particular suffer because of that.

17. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Does Ole not like Herrera... decent player

18. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I cannot see why he wouldn't. Apparently Herrera is injured whatever that really means. But either way I don't think it's in Ole's control.

19. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Still harsh?

Or just the sad truth?

20. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Fair enough. To be fair to Courtois he still focused even when he wanted away