1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic UK has done well-by not given free access to gun??

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Jun 20, 2015.

?

Citizens should have access to gun in UK legally?

Poll closed Jun 20, 2016.
  1. No

29 vote(s)
    96.7%
  2. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not sure

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. Don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LuisDiazgamechanger

<peacedove>United Kingdom has become a model for not allowing every one to have access to gun.
    Still, some criminal do gain access to gun illegally, putting the lives of the public and law enforcement
    agencies in danger.
    Recent killing of nine innocents people by Dylan Roof in the church at Charleston, North Carolina
    is making some people thinking again about gun control in the United States of America.
    In your opinion, do you think ordinary people should have access to gun legally at least for self defence in the United Kingdom?
    Please vote.

2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

We don't have the same bullshit "constitution" and 5th amendment ****ing cop out crap in this country, nor do we have the same levels of racism, ignorance and ****ing wack jobs that they have over there.
    So even if we had legal guns, I dont think our problems would be anything like the scale they have over there.
    Their right Wing is ****ing crazy.
    But it would still be a bad idea. Guns are so rare here. If the criminals got guns, the cops would need guns and etc etc.

3. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Not sure if that's the only issue. I can think of many drunken arguments in my family over the years when, had a gun been readily available, someone may have used it. Christ, i've been to several wakes (and weddings) that have ended up with riots in the car park, and had guns been at hand....

This constitution thing is the most disingenuous crap going. Based on the Minuteman, militia concept of the War of Independence when the colonies had no standing army, do they really expect us, the British, to come sweeping back down from Canada 240 years later and re-colonise them? Of course they don't.

They like guns. ****, this nutter's family loved him so much they gave him a gun for his 21st. just think of that - not a car, a downpayment on a flat, a wedge towards his college fees, an engraved watch, but... a handgun. How the **** does tht seem 'normal'?

There is another issue though - want to bet that it comes out that Roof has been a cannibas user and is on (or was) some sort of anti-depressant? And his parents knew this - and still gave him a gun as a 'present'?

Tobes The Grinch and abc_220 like this.
  4. BBFs Unpopular View

BBFs Unpopular View Well-Known Member

The constitution has been and is intentionally misinterpreted. It grants the right of towns to form armed militias as far as I know and does not grant the right for every tom dick and harry to carry weapons.

The gun lobbyists and weapons manufactures have created the problem with the guns today. They lobbied it so that everyone could buy a gun. Not just a gun, a chaingun, .50 cal sniper rifles smgs 12 gauges armour piercing rounds everything. You can buy MGs Mortars and all manner of gear.

Cops also need guns as a result, lots of them and the same companies make fortunes from selling to cops and then the maint of all the gear too. Win win for the weapons makers.

Ah sure who provides something like 60%+ of the worlds weapons to so many countries? It's not only their own country they are flooding with weapons<whistle>

Police have shot 600 people this year already <yikes>

abc_220 likes this.
  5. abc_220

abc_220 Active Member

No way Jose to guns here. If they did .... You'd expect them to be used in road rage situations plus other instances.

6. BBFs Unpopular View

True, though the nuts would be the minority, they scare the others into wanting guns, and of course the police would need to be armed, and their tactics would change, you'd see a severe increase in police shootings in a short few years, all it takes is one or two cops to be killed and the police lobbies will go into action, then you end up like the US where once the cop is "afraid" then it is ok for him\her to kill you. His\her "fear for his\her life" is justification enough for absolving him\her of any guilt.

Look at Canada though, plenty of guns but they don't have the same problem.

7. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

The Shermans need to make the simple correlation between shed loads of ****ing shooters and people getting shot......

The right to bear arms is a crock of ****, but their gun lobby is far too powerful, plus they're too far gone anyway, there's more guns in circulation than there are people ffs.

8. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Their police are pathetic.
    Some of the footage I have seen in recent weeks, like a cop pulls someone over for a suspected DUI, he has an outstanding arrest warrant for non payment of Alamony (US equivalent of CSA, child support) so the guy runs, and the cop just shoots him 8 times in the back whilst fleeing. Didn't attack the cop, was unarmed and was fleeing with his back to him, and boom...8 rounds in the back

Sorry it was a broken tail light.
    The officer "feared for his life". Seriously? you ****ing ****!

9. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

If there were no guns in america (like the UK and much of Europe) and what we're seeing in america was actually happening in some middle-east country where there was some backward law that allowed people to carry guns....

...we would all call them uncivilised and barbaric. That's the West's double standards <ok>

Deleted 1, BobbyD and Radio Klopp like this.
  10. LuisDiazgamechanger

Bodanki pay up...:laugh:

11. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

In America they have a combination of lots of guns, lots of idiots, lots of racism, lots of differences between rich an poor, lots of envy, lots of right wing fanatics, lots of people who think the World is coming to an end,lots of grown up children playing at cowboys - this all adds up to a collective nightmare. The most 'armed' people in the World are actually the Swiss - all males between 20 and 42 there are required to keep rifles and pistols at home for national defence - they also have regular practice weekends. However, the Swiss have none of the other problems on the American list and so, can be generally trusted with their guns - at least their country is one of the safest on Earth. I would not trust the British with guns, or like to see the Police armed (which would be the consequence).

12. Prince Knut

This is my feeling: we shouldn't be too smug about being so superior to the US. i think we we have most of the same ingredients of the same volatile cocktail you quote, except that our racism is less (though still there), and we don't have guns. I do think that if guns were prevelant here we'd be more inclined to be like the US than Canada or the Swiss.

Again i say, let's not be too superior to the US - our culture is sadly more like their's but without the guns than it is like some countries that do have them but don't have the US's problem. For instance, a decade ago I stayed with my NZ girlfriend's hom in the suburbs of Auckland for 2 months. Only on the last night there did i discover her father had a hunting rifle and an old service pistol in a cupboard in his bedroom (neither of which he'd used for years, evidently). They don't really have problems down there or in Oz either, by all accounts.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  13. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

No, let's be ****ing uber smug about the fact that we're not gun toting bell ends who breed morons who think they're doing Gods work by murdering black church goers in cold blood.

14. BBFs Unpopular View

and that UK cops don't show up guns blazing when a 12 year old black kid is playing with a plastic gun in the local park<ok>

15. BBFs Unpopular View

Uurh, murder, in that video you see the Slager plant his taser next to the guy's body too.

The John Crawford killing still makes me angry. He goes to wallmart, picks up a BB gun from the shelf cos they sell em unboxed, some racist twat calls the cop and tells them he's walking around threateningly with a gun, store video showed he was lying, cops show up, no "police" or "drop the gun" just a shot from an assault rifle at range as the cop shows up and shoots him on sight as he was talking on the phone with his bird.

Of course the caller who lied and the cop faced no charges. Both white, and yes John Crawford was the stereotypical BNBG

Milton hall, 60+ year old mentally ill man, with a piffling penknife, confused and scared, 7 or 8 cops in a line with guns drawn, they put 40 rounds into him in a firing squad execution, not one taser deployed.

Sure the fat cops in the US use their tasers because they are too fat to run, that's a fact. The lobbies have made it so that they can't be fitness tested as it is "unfair" <doh>

16. LuisDiazgamechanger

United Kingdom is a more civilized society where people have value for life. What you cannot create you should not destroy. People suspects
    one another in US than UK. However still in Britain, some criminals can acquire guns easily, mere mention of the name 'gun' scares' the law abiding
    citizen.

17. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

At the end of the day, gun exist, so if someone REALLY wants to get their hands on one, then they will.
    But in the US, its gotten to the stage where you can walk into a supermarket and buy a 12 gauge shotgun off the shelf.
    Yeah you need to show ID and they do a quick check to see if you have no criminal record, but thats it.
    Thats just the legal way too.
    Plenty of blackmarket guns floating around you can pick up for a few bucks as well if you go to the right neighbourhoods.

and lol at "BNBG", that a Wire quote? :p

18. Prince Knut

I am happy about that Tobes, to be sure. My reticence to be superior though is that I suspect if our society were to get their hands on guns as freely as the yanks then we'd have proportionally as many shootings, albeit for reasons such as drunkeness, road rage and football hooliganism, as opposed to racism and school massacres.Can you imagine half of our High streets at chucking out time on a Friday if just one tenth of those ****wits were armed?

19. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Haha, yeah our drinking culture probably wouldn't mix well with a liberal attitude to firearms

Our attitude as a nation to shooters is completely different though. We don't consider them necessary for personal defence and there's never been a large lobby pushing for liberalisation in this area, which says that as a society we have a very mature and sensible attitude to them, maybe based on a degree of self awareness.....

20. BBFs Unpopular View

You know it, The Bunk. <laugh>