1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic UK / EU Future

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Leo, Feb 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

Expats are mounting a legal challenge against the UK government over Brexit.
    They should be asking why their adopted countries are not treating them better.

2. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You do know what the legal challenge is based on I take it. If you do your second sentence makes little sense.

3. superhorns

Their challenge will end the same way as the rest that you confidently predicted would halt Brexit, with total failure.
    They should be doing something worthwhile like lobbying their adopted countries to take up May's original offer without delay. This could have been sorted two years ago and saved the panic and concerns.

4. superhorns

The experts within the ERG will be publishing their policy paper next month on the best way to negotiate Brexit. If the EU fail to take up this pragmatic offer then a no deal is most likely. I expect the blueprint will demand the ransom is not paid until common sense prevails.The EU should really be concentrating on providing a Canada plus plus deal for the sake of its own inhabitants, but will ideology cause it to self harm?

5. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

More delusional stuff I see. What makes you think that the EU will even see a document written by a pressure group from the Tory backbenches? Let them waste their time drawing it up for the benefit of their members, but the government led by that expert Mrs May remember, is already talking about the actual deal it has proposed.

6. superhorns

Is this the deal the EU has already rejected?

7. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Surely your expert Mrs May who has been close to the talks knows more about what is going on than an 18th century politician who has never ever been remotely near government. Still you must have had sight of this document already if you know what is in it. How else could you call it pragmatic. Perhaps you can give us all an insight?

All designed to split the Tory party up further as this band of rebels know that whatever they publish will get coverage in the press, but will be shredded before it ever gets to the EU.

Toby likes this.
  8. superhorns

David Davis and Steve Baker are the experts who carried out the negotiations and are more experienced than any others involved. Their proposals will form the basis of the blueprint. Of course the EU will reject all sensible ideas so the ERG will be planning to extend the already widely used WTO trading method.

9. superhorns

Your preferred EU deal contains a tacit acceptance of the UK becoming a vassel state. Is this strange opinion due to your close proximity to Vichy?

10. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Remind me how much time Davis spent in talks. Was it four days in two years or less?

My preferred option is not on the table at present. Vassal actually. You could pass that word onto Rees-Mogg as I am sure he would want to use it. Still waiting to read this document you claim to have seen and judged to be pragmatic.

Toby likes this.

11. superhorns

If you kept up with the news you would know Jacob has used the word many times to describe the poor Chequers offering.
    The blueprint is due out next month, I'm not allowed to reveal too many details yet, just to say it is pragmatic. Take it or leave it.

12. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

''I'm not allowed to reveal too many details yet'' !!!!!!! <laugh> This is not meant to be serious or..............?

13. <rofl>

14. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Today the real negotiators are back in Brussels to try and find a way around the N. Ireland issue. How fitting that it should be the day after the 20th anniversary of the Omagh bombing when so many lost their lives. The real IRA who were responsible were against the Good Friday agreement, along with the DUP, yet it did bring a huge improvement in the lives of the population who lived in a constant state of fear. To go back on that agreement for a strange ideology would be totally immoral.

15. superhorns

Agreed, the Irish using the border for political gain is disgusting ably abetted by the EU.

16. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

From what I read the only people who have talked about ditching the GFA have been the Brexit lovers. Sorry, trying to blame others all the time demeans your arguments.

Deleted....... likes this.
  17. superhorns

If there is a no deal outcome it will be the EU that demands a hard border not the UK. The EU has every opportunity to create a harmonious agreement once it drops the spite.

18. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

If there is no deal the UK will have to operate under WTO rules that demand a hard border unless you are prepared to have no border between the UK and the rest of the world. No border between the UK and the EU as a whole sounds fine to me, but I wouldn't want to have those pesky Americans dumping all their products in the country.

19. superhorns

The UK's trade with the US is increasing rapidly and of course is very experienced dealing with the rest of the world on WTO rules. I used to find it easy using experienced freight forwarders.

20. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Oh FFS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.