1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic U23's Thread for season 2021-22

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by John Ex Aberdeen now E.R., Jul 19, 2021.

1. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Not as such, looking through the twitter comments during the game, Robson saved a penalty in the first half, sounded a pretty even game, with few clear cut chances either end.

Jackthecap likes this.
  2. NewcastleTiger

NewcastleTiger Well-Known Member

Shota n Co in attendance, will need to look at Tom Nixon now Coyle is out injured.

3. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

Good shout, he looks a prospect, but I suspect they might feel he is just too inexperienced at this level at present, and still, our position in the Championship is far from secure. Even with last night he said they went for Callum Elder over Bernard at right back, because he was more experienced.

NewcastleTiger likes this.
  4. NewcastleTiger

The crop of first year pro's at the club at the minute are all good prospects, hope Shota feels he's able to give them chances moving forward.
    Leake, Snelgrove, Jarvis, Hinds, Nixon, Green could all make it at City if given the chance. I think it's a real shame that some of them are only trusted to be sent on loan to the likes of Clee Town and Spalding when they need to be National League North level.

Few good 2nd year scholar's too, Wallis and Mills both looking really promising, u18 games are full of the u16s currently too.

5. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

It's never easy to choose which level to start their loan moves at. In some ways, starting on the low side is maybe the best way, rather than biting off too much and then struggling. Snelgrove did well at Cleethorpes, and his confidence from that will remain high. It's picking a level where you will get game time, Festus went to Barrow and wasn't really used in league games, also Smith at Salford, he is now at GY and getting a few more games.

6. NewcastleTiger

One thing Snelgrove doesn't lack is confidence, having spoken to him before and after the loan move he was gutted he wasn't trusted by anyone higher but set himself an aim of 5 in 5 which I think he's smashed in terms of goals to minutes. Spoke to the Clee manager about him too and he says he's got a big future in the game.

7. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

I guess that is the exuberance of youth, that is why the coach is so important, to say to them step by step. Go and prove yourself there and then next loan, we can step up.

NewcastleTiger likes this.
  8. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

I'm not sure what has happened to Salam, he was in the first team and now playing for the swifts, which I assume is the reserves or U23's. Whether he has been injured and just getting some game time, or out of favour I'm not sure? Their team form has dropped off of late. dropped down to 2nd in the table now.

9. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

They were loaned out because there wasn't a game for a month and the lads needed game time.

Mills is at Falkirk which is probably the biggest club in their league, while Jarvis went to York and although they're not doing great, it's good experience nevertheless.

10. Steven Toast

He was injured, he played in their reserves to get some minutes. He's played 19 times for them, so he's getting minutes.

11. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

It does seem that since he has been out their form has dipped, maybe has some bearing on why this is the case, one would like t think so?

I watch most of the highlights of the NI games, and the quality is not great, so having seen him play with us, I would have thought he would have handled it quite easily.

12. Steven Toast

They want him permanently, I wouldn't be surprised if he moves there in Summer, he's out of contract anyway.

13. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

Could well be, wouldn't be a bad move for him. Looking at the standard, very much like League 2 here I would say.

14. NewcastleTiger

Was anything asked at the presser with Acun about his plans for the academy never checked?

15. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

I sense a move back to North Ferriby may be on the cards.

16. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

Not the best night for the U23's, the picture is of the trialist who is an U18 Polish international, who has had time at Man City/Bradford Olivier Sukiennicki.

upload_2022-3-1_17-7-23.jpeg

17. Jackthecap

Jackthecap Well-Known Member

There's a fair amount of experience in that side as well. Surprisingly poor result.

18. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

Exactly my thoughts, I've not seen the Blunt side and whether they had experience also in theirs, but as you say to lose by that margin is rather surprising.

19. NewcastleTiger

Hell of a legacy to follow for the lad on the bench, his name is somewhat familiar...

Des Head and rovertiger like this.
  20. Idi Amin

Idi Amin Well-Known Member

Is he related?