1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Typical Sunderland fans again

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by 2010 tops dog, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankMag

YankMag Active Member

What are you accessing fredor? Players buttholes? Assess the quality man lol...

2. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

Roy Keane was a grafter and worked hard in midfield...and he didn't create much either...I fail to see your point. Especially if you are comparing Colback to Rodwell. It may have escaped your attention, but Colback is not, never was or will be and was certainly not bought as a "creative" midfielder. They are both midfielders but that my friend is where the similarity starts and ends.

I was of the opinion that Colback was probably our best player on Sunday. He's a player in the mould of Tiote - a combative midfielder, put on the pitch to break play down which I thought he did with a large degree of assurance and confidence. He certainly did not look like a player playing his first game for a new club, nor did he look overawed by either the demands of a premier league game or more impressively a midfield battle with Yaya Toure which is no mean feat in itself.

As Tash quite rightly pointed out as well, Colback for free vs Rodwell for £10m...I know what I would choose every time. Hell I'd rather play Vukic in midfield than pay £10m for Rodwell.

If you want to compare your acquisition of Rodwell to one of ours then you may wanna look at Cabella. Both midfielders and both creative. A slight difference in price but again I know who I'd rather have in my team week in week out.

Good luck for the rest of the season....and the derby games. You're gonna need it !

Smug in Boots likes this.
  3. T.P

T.P Member

All of this from one ****ing game. Jesus ****ing wept.<wah>

4. T.P

T.P Member

Forgot to add a game in which you ****ing lost.<party>

5. cronemeister

Yep...tells it's own story really!

I think most of our fans that come on here, and a large portion that were at the game on Sunday will be of the opinion that Sundays game was more about the performance than the result. I don't think we disappointed on that front and were very unlucky to not come away from that game with a point.

6. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

Yes, that's why cronies comments were restricted to that game, as shown from the quote below:

"I was of the opinion that Colback was probably our best player on Sunday. He's a player in the mould of Tiote - a combative midfielder, put on the pitch to break play down which I thought he did with a large degree of assurance and confidence. He certainly did not look like a player playing his first game for a new club, nor did he look overawed by either the demands of a premier league game or more impressively a midfield battle with Yaya Toure which is no mean feat in itself"

7. T.P

T.P Member

You didn't play bad yet lost 2-0 and didn't have a shot on target in which way were you unlucky then.

8. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

Shots went narrowly wide which, a few inches here or there (thereby introducing the element of luck referred to above), would have scored. Had we scored, we would not have had all of our players committed up field in the 92nd minute.

9. T.P

T.P Member

Fair points but putting chances wide isn't unlucky but poor finishing.

10. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

One way of looking at it. On the other hand, give the same player the same chance to take 10 times sometimes it'll go in and sometimes it won't: humans aren't machines. You can call some of those finishes good and others bad, or you can call some lucky and some unlucky. Neither is wrong.

11. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

I will leave the buttholes for you, I will access information

12. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Here's Colback's passes. Typically restricted to the middle third. Bit sad comparing players after one performance, especially as the op is having a dig about people judging the table after one game<doh> Guess you guys never grow up. Anyway, here's the truth, taken from the same source as your comparison, showing that a forward pass can still be a sideways pass and in Colback's case usually is. It also shows his inability to penetrate and play a part in the final 3rd.

For Newcastle Vs City
    please log in to view this image

Just to eliminate any doubt.

his passing in the 0-1 defeat by Everton.

the 1-0 win over Stoke.

and the 4-0 win over Cardiff.

Not slagging the kid off, he's tidy, but he's everything we told you he was when he signed. He's not a box to box player, he's not defensive, not attacking. He's a tidy passer with a very limited range(Usually short and sideways). 4 goals and 4 assists in 115 premier league appearance says it all really.

13. T.P

T.P Member

This can't be right I've heard he's the new Pirlo.<laugh>

14. 2010 tops dog

2010 tops dog Well-Known Member

Or quality defending more to the point, Perez shoot was on target but the last ditch tackle took it wide hence we got a corner from it

15. T.P

T.P Member

Yer clutching at straws now like. I could easily say the same about West Broms quality defending difference is we breeched it twice.

16. 2010 tops dog

It's facts chap that one

17. T.P

T.P Member

Hows it facts if the defender didn't get the tackle in then the goalie might of saved it. But a suppose it would have been a shot on target like.

18. 2010 tops dog

Did you actually watch any football this weekend ??

19. cronemeister

Thank you for confirming my point. Looks to me like he's doing exactly what he was put in the team...and bought for. To break play up and bring other players into the game. Don't see the problem with sideways passes as you put it. Looks to me like he uses the ball very well when he has it, not just hoofing it up the pitch. He's actually spreading the play about and making short sharp passes and bringing other more creative players into the game so they can do their job.

I reckon he's gonna be a little ginger gem for us!

20. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.