1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Two more leaving the Skates

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Tottonsaint, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Tottonsaint

Tottonsaint Well-Known Member

Henderson and Mullins are reported to be in talks with West Ham,and an undisclosed club about moves away from Nottarf Krap.
    Will the last one please turn out the lights.<laugh>

2. st_brendy

st_brendy Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Mullins is talking to Reading, according to yesterday's papers. Even in their time of need, Pompey are still doing their best to try and hurt us.

Really don't understand Henderson to West Ham though. He'll never displace Green, and West Ham rarely put a keeper on the bench. He'll either be sitting in the stands for them each Saturday, or be stopping yet another big name from getting onto their bench. And yet Ipswich wanted him to walk straight into their first XI.

3. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

West Ham? why!?

4. pass the football

pass the football Well-Known Member

In case Lansbury gets injured I suppose.

5. RickieLambertsGoldenBoot

RickieLambertsGoldenBoot Well-Known Member

Surely Pompey CAN'T bring in more loan players!!

6. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

They are paying them £10M so Pompey can finish the season, other wise the Hammers lose another 6 points! <laugh>

7. Saints Fan4Life

Doesn't suprise me!

8. redandwhitecomrade

redandwhitecomrade New Member

I can't see them paying 10 million to protect 6 points, unless they are even more crazy than I thought?

9. MAJR

MAJR Well-Known Member

There are three players currently on loan and the Football League allow a maximum of five in the match day sqaud and with Portsmouth currently operating with a one in one out system enforced by the governing body it can hardly be counted as stregthening the team. Additionally, the quality of the players brought in is not yet proven and it is certainly unclear whether they are even half as good as the players loaned out.

10. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I thought Pompey were good enough to save themselves after the 10 point deduction, but not after losing so many players.

11. MAJR

MAJR Well-Known Member

We've only lost three players so far. It's just that they were some of the more important ones. The first choice Goalkeeper, the club and team captian and the top goal scorer.

12. redandwhitecomrade

Do Portsmouth have a youth team? if so, shouldn't the whole team be loaned out and them promoted? after all it's unlikely that you will stay up now, so at least cut costs while doing it?

13. MAJR

MAJR Well-Known Member

And then people would be complaining to the Football League about Pompey distorting results by not putting out a strong enough team. Oh! Imagine the outrage from West Ham as Portsmouth field a team with an average age of 18 at Saint Mary's and get thrashed 6-0 by Southampton allowing the Saint to pull futher ahead in the title race.

14. RickieLambertsGoldenBoot

Well it's tough really.

Chose to overspend on players they couldn't afford.

Every other team has had to suffer so why should Pompey be any different!

I honestly feel for Pompey fans but I'm sim and tired of Pompey bending rules to fit their needs when more people have suffered coz of them!

It's their own fault!

15. redandwhitecomrade

In the same way that if Pompey go out of business West Ham lose 6 points... and if the club were to loan out it's entire team, the money saved would help pay scores of local businesses.

whatever happens, someone will lose out...

16. Saints Fan4Life

I think we should all put our hands up together and volunteer . .. . . . . . . . . . West Ham to lose out

17. MAJR

MAJR Well-Known Member

Grow up! I never said it wasn't Pompey fault and this habit you lot here have of acting as if every Portsmouth fan is denying that is was the clubs fault and blaming everyone else and absolving the club is getting really annoying. I have said elsewhere on this forum that the club should have promoted youth though the years and should have relied on it in recent season rather than allowing Cotterill to sell off all our borderline first team players and buy older players from elsewhere. I will not stand for you taking that kind of attitude with me.

And its not about who's fault the situation is. Wolves set the precedent. They fielded a side which was not their first team and were punished for it with a fine. Pompey cannot afford any fines whatsoever at this time. We hardly have enough money to scrap through to the end of the season.

18. MAJR

MAJR Well-Known Member

It's not just West Ham though is it? I used them as an example because they're your closest challengers for the title at the moment. If Pompey got rid of their whole first team and promoted the youth in its place then concievably it could effect the title race, the race for the play offs and the battle against relegation. Teams that play the weakened Pompey side could pick up easy wins that they wouldn't get against the current side thereby lifting themselves above rivals who dont play Pompey leading to widespread complaints from teams that dont play Pompey before the end of the season about how its distorting results and how Pompey are ruining the legitimacy of the table.

19. breconsaint

breconsaint Active Member

Yes, but..... if you got rid of most of the current first team, your youngsters would be the strongest team available.

20. RickieLambertsGoldenBoot

So you say you won't stand for what I just said, yet you agree with me <whistle>