1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Twist or Stick

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by JWP is the goal king, Dec 26, 2011.

1. SaintMarv

SaintMarv Well-Known Member

As long as we win i don't mind

2. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

Hang on, he was forced wide by three defenders on that last occasion, but didn't lose the ball, tricked his way back and laid a perfect opportunity on for Lala who squandered it, Adam seemed to be trying too hard and didn't do his natural thing, but tried to hit the shot too hard and in the end it looked a woeful miss, you cannot blame De Ridder for that. I think you are being a shade too intolerant on someone that hasn't had enough time on the pitch yet, it was the same with Bart, he hasn't had any first team play recently, and was obviously "rusty". We all want success, but it won't happen with your bully boy attitude.

3. Gordon Gekko

Gordon Gekko New Member

He had a clear line ofsight at the whole goal from around 20 yards, he should have pulled the trigger. The only reason he was forced wide was because he took too long on the ball which he does 90% of the time.

I was probably the only person on here defending Bart after the Blackpoo game... so you can't really use that. De Ridder isn't rusty, he just sin't good enough to start. In fact had it not been for De Ridder, we would have probably got all 3 against Blackpool in the dying seconds.

4. SaintMarv

De Ridder will be fine if he starts more often

5. Gordon Gekko

Gordon Gekko New Member

Kelvin - Adequate although we need to think about replacing im soon.
    Frazer - Adequate for now. Good at getting forward which has been rewarded with lots of assists, but still suspect defensively.
    Fonte - Good, solid player, reads the game well. Although still looks a little out of sorts compared to last season, could just be the step up in quality.
    Hooiveld - Good solid signing, would like another CB though as I believe he is still suspect on the deck. Would be fantastic cover.
    Fox - Good defender, provides a good ball. Astute signing.
    De Ridder - my opinion has been expressed
    Cork - Quality
    Morg - Quality
    Lallana - Quality, but has looked out of sorst for about 5/6 games now.
    Rickie - As he gets fitter, he gets better. Quality.
    Guly - Quality player, people who berate him clearly don't understand the game. 3rd top scorer in the league and approaching double figures with assists as well as tracking back to help out midfield. Great player to have in the team.

6. SaintMarv

Changed my post when i realised you did not critcise Guly. lol

7. farehamsaint1

farehamsaint1 Member

Getting back to OP subject, I think NA will bring in Hammond for Cork/Schneiderlin due to short recovery time for Brighton match. Was at Ashton Gate and got rather weary of Adomah taking Fox to the cleaners every time he got the ball so I think Harding may be brought in, judgement call for Adkins. I think De Ridder did enough yesterday to keep his place, more to come from this player IMO <ok>