1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Tuesday 22nd. Oct. 2019

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Oct 21, 2019.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Tuesday's Meetings

Curragh

Flat 7 Races 1:00-4:25p.m.
    Yarmouth
    Flat 7 Races 1:40-5:00p.m.
    Exeter
    N/H 7 Races 1:50-5:10p.m.
    Newcastle
    A/W 7 Races 2:00-5:20p.m.
    Kempton(E)
    A/W 8 Races 4:55-8:30p.m.

Racecards

At The Races
    Racing Post
    Sporting Life

Good Luck <ok>

2. LordGyllene

LordGyllene Well-Known Member

Exeter

1.50 Top of the Rocks

To me it seems connections finally found a winnable race for this one.Has shown enough this year to take a hand here. Very capable rider booked

- Lilly Pinchin was 5 times in the first three from 11 runs over hurdles this season.

Top of the Rocks is on a good mark. Conditions to suit.

2.25 Mick Manhattan

For me an very interesting each way option against the Pipe hot fav. Making a good impression on debut win in a bumper at Ffos Las. Changed stable after not backing that up. Now with the up and coming Sam James yard who had 2 placed hurdlers from 3 runs this season. Another runner from the James/Walters Plant Hire Combo showed an improved display after a break on saturday. Worth an each way bet for me.

3.00 Merry Milan

I'll take a chance on Merry Milan. This one is proven on the distance and recent comeback run was very promising.

3.35 Another Stowaway

Yard does well with chasers returning from a break and is beginning to hit form. Another Stowaway showed a bold jumping frontrunning
    display after returning from a wind surgery last year and has the scope to progress further this season.

Yarmouth

1.40 Global Agreement

Well regarded by small stable (Milton Harris, 2nd yesterday with a fancied runner at Plumpton) on their website:

"Global Agreement is our our beautiful colt by Mayson. A very likeable colt with good mind and attitude, his dam has produced winners. First run in Stakes race in Brighton; finished a credible third behind two nice horses."

Last races gave the impression Global Agreement could be suited by todays 7 furlongs on soft going. Added blinkers should bring out more improvement.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  3. Leyburnlad19

Leyburnlad19 Active Member

Kempton.

For my sins, I like the Madgwick yard, maybe cos it's a small barn that can pick its moments, at times, and send out big priced winners, or maybe I'm drawn to no hopers, which may be the case tonight! At huge odds, I'm willing to put a few quid on an e/w double on his last 2. May come to nothing, but provides a distraction and something to dream about today whilst the Boris sideshow rumbles on.
    8.00 - Maquisard 50/1
    8.30 - Margie's Choice 40/1
    Could they both squeak a place? Why not, it's a mad mad world we are living in

4. LordGyllene

LordGyllene Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting your ideas for today. I like searching for the big priced ones too. Maquisard has run well at Kempton in the past and mark is sliding.

Good luck today everyone

Leyburnlad19 likes this.
  5. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

A good card at Exeter today with 3 races of particular interest with a view to the future:

2.25 Maiden Hurdle - 16 entrants for what should prove a very informative contest. Short-priced fav is the David Pipe trained Eden Du Houx, who go a favourable mention in Pipe's stable tour and has a P2P and two bumper wind to his name in a hitherto unblemished career. The bumper he won at Ascot has thrown up plenty of subsequent winners: 3rd The Glancing Queen (Grade2 mares bumper at Aintree), 4th Enrilo (bumper and novice hurdle winner), 5th Montego Grey. With 2nd placed Imperial Alcazar finishing a close 3rd in a Listed Newbury bumper, the form looks strong. Second fav is Emma Lavelle's Hang In There who finished 2nd in a maiden hurdle in Ireland for Mags Mullins and was unlucky to unseat Adam Wedge at the first on yard debut at Exeter. Plenty of the big yards represented with Nicholls and Tizzard both having runner prominent in the betting but there will be some long faces at Pond House if the fav is beaten.

The Best Mate Beginners Chase ought to go to Nicholls with Southfield Stone but The Mighty Don should push him close if his jumping holds up.

Finally the bumper is also well supported by the big yards but I will take a chance on the Twister's Vulcan Bomber (beautiful British name) with the yard in such good nick.

LordGyllene likes this.
  6. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

Glad you've mentioned the Beginners Chase as it is a really interesting race, and one that could give us an indication for the season. It is a shame that Thistle Do Nicely doesn't run as he added the recent run angle to the field.

Southfield Stone is in my tracker with the words (as with most of Nicholls horses) "Will make a chaser next season", he impressed me a couple of times last season especailly when running a good race behind Elixir De Nutz at Sandown and then beating Angels Breath at Kempton. Interestingly though, the handicapper hasn't gone overboard and his mark of 142 isn't the highest in this field.

That belongs to The Mighty Don, who has had major issues with his jumping in the past, and it will take a lot of skill from Leighton Aspell to get him to jump well in this race. He obviously has the engine, and he does look like a chaser, but the fact that he has jumping flaws is really a major concern.

Moonlighter is a really interesting horse in here, and he is another from the tracker, with the words "better as a novice chaser" which was an update from his hurdles win of "follow over hurdles and fences". His Newbury fall was a major shame, he was travelling like the best horse at the point and I do think he can run to a mark in the 140s at least over fences. He is a horse I am looking forward to seeing and I think he can outrun his outsider of the field status. I still don't like young Chester as a jockey, especially over fences, so hopefully he can get the horse jumping and get a good run from him.

Then we have the mare Litterale Ci, who I am not overkeen on for chasing, but she makes her second chase run here after making an awful mistake at a fence at Ffos Las. It wasn't a run devoid of promise though, she did jump nicely to that point, and she does have the class to take a beginners chase. My concern with her though is that this is potentially a better field and her recent flat form suggests that perhaps she isn't progressing with age. The yard are having plenty of fancied horses beaten at present too.

I hope Moonlighter and Southfield Stone have this between themselves, and whilst Moonlighter is a massive price, I think prices at around 2/1 for Moonlighter to finish in the top 2 on betfair are pretty fair.

7. stick

stick Bumper King

its not a bumper

OddDog likes this.
  8. NassauBoard

haha

9. OddDog

Staff Member

Really stick? How so? ;)

10. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

This is probably very foolish but I can’t let ol boy O’Maonlai go unbacked at whopping odds of 100/1 in the Exeter opening heat. His rating has fallen off a cliff since the heady days as a 140s chaser. He’s now 99 rated, has his ground and looking through his form 2 miles and couple of furlongs looks to be his trip, if he has a trip! I’ve opted for 4 places ew @ 80/1. Good luck all having a punt.

11. OddDog

Staff Member

Eden Du Houx withdrawn (I assume due to the going). He is entered at Fontwell tomorrow (3.50, currently soft).

12. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

Stone fookin last

13. NassauBoard

about time he was retired, poor horse had lost the will to race

14. jumpsfan

jumpsfan Well-Known Member

afternoon,fellas!

exeter,3 35:

an open and competitive affair,and i think,GOLDEN SUNRISE can go well today.his seasonal debut at chepstow was more than disappointing,but maybe,he needed the race badly.but on last seasons form,especially here,he d have a decent shout,and his mark looks alright too.so,with the tizzards already going great guns at present,should go well.

15. dylanthomas

dylanthomas Active Member

@stick thoughts on the exeter bumper? Interesting that Harrington sent the fav over

16. OddDog

Staff Member

The only thought he has had so far is that it isn't a bumper <laugh>

attivo likes this.
  17. jumpsfan

well judged ride from robbie power!

exeter,4 10:

hard to see past southfield stone here,as hes the class act,regarding his fine efforts in top company last season,but a lot can happen in these novice events,and i think,with a clear round of jumping,this can go to LITTERALE CI.she has to improve on recent efforts,but that is by no means impossible,and she gets a handy mares allowance today.so,not underrated..

18. stick

stick Bumper King

Her horse is most definitely not bred for even this shortened baby bumper. From a pedigree point of view I really like the King filly Karastani but fillies dont have a great record in these races. Of the colts I like Hollow Gold and Sergeant O'Leary. The eyecatching jockey booking for me is Dickie Johnson riding for an Irish yard that are very infrequent raiders but again that runner, Finest Evermore, is a filly.
    I am not having a bet in the race but if I were it would probably be on HOLLOW GOLD.

19. jumpsfan

exeter,4 40:

this can go to the unexposed WRITE IT DOWN.this is tougher for him off 5 lbr higher in a stronger race,but the way,he won last time out showed,he might be able to progress further,as he only got there in the end..

20. stick

stick Bumper King

Pretty miserable trip for Jessie Harrington