1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Tuesday 18th. June 2019

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

The 6/1 was the price quoted on ITV just after the race. That was the only reason I mentioned those particular odds. I don't think Arizona is a good bet at 14/1 either.

The two may have stood out in the betting but two lengths covered the first five home and Guildsman ran a belter to only be beaten a half length and a neck. I would imagine it will be the July Stakes next for Threat, or the Superlative if they feel like taking him up to 7F.

Arizona earned a RPR of 110 for today but the Coventry has thrown up more disappointments than success stories regarding the Guineas for a while now.

2. As We Know

As We Know 1 of the top judges in Europe

Guildsman ran well but not sure he has the potential of the top 2 going forward. Threat took a bump coming out of the stall, got snatched up and ended up last early on, he then had to switch for a run and was finishing stronger than Guildsman who had a perfect trip really. The front 2 are noticeably bigger than Guildsman, who looks a typical Archie Watson early 2yo, and they will both be better over further and on fast ground. Arizona is a No Nay Never so he could stick to 6f and go for the Pheonix, Threat could step up to 7f, maybe back at Newmarket for the Superlative.

Id like to see a proper top class jockey on Threat for the rest of the season as for all Marquand is half decent, he is not top class and its going to be a disadvantage in top class races.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019