1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tuanzebe

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by UnitedinRed, Nov 2, 2015.

1. UnitedinRed

UnitedinRed Well-Known Member

Who is this chap? Young DR Congo born defender?

In the squad for tomorrow nights game anyway.

Interview from him to MUTV.

TUANZEBE CLOSER TO REALISING HIS DREAM
    Axel Tuanzebe is getting closer to realising his Manchester United dream as the 17-year-old has been named on the bench for Saturday's trip to Crystal Palace.

Last season's Jimmy Murphy Young Player of the Year has been working with Warren Joyce's Under-21 squad but has been promoted to the senior squad for the first time.

In an exclusive interview with MUTV recently, the centre-back outlined his ambitions and aspirations as he strives to make his mark at Old Trafford.

"It’s been good," he said of the start to the season. "I’ve come back from injury and got back into my game. I’m really enjoying it. The Under-21s is a better level with better players and it’s really like men’s football and is another stepping stone to the first team. Obviously, I won Player of the Year last season but finished off with an injury so I’m just trying to get my way back into the team and impress the manager really."

Tuanzebe impressed everybody with the way he handled the occasion at the annual awards ceremony last summer but stresses the achievement is in the past now.

"My family were so proud of me, as were my friends and family and I was getting messages from all over the world saying ‘well done’," he said. "I was happy to win the award but it’s all about getting back into it and forgetting it, driving forward and being a regular player now.

"Once something happens, it’s finished and onto the next one. You take it in your stride. Criticism is as good as praise really as it allows you to work on something you’re not as good at. There’s nothing wrong with criticism, you just take everything in your stride."

The defender was named captain of the Under-18s last season despite being a first-year scholar and was able to show authority in terms of dealing with older players.

"At first, I was a bit nervous being captain of older players but, as we got into the season, we all grew in respect and we have a good bond with each other," he said. "We’ve played together since we were young so I knew everyone I was with and it wasn’t really a major problem. As the season continued, we just grew together as a team. I respected them and they respected me. It developed me as a person and now I feel more of a leader. I believe, one day, I can be a leader for this club. It would be my dream."