1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Troy criticism for fans..

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Markthehorn, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

That is very sad actually - why did that happen?

Just your typical local yobs?

Its true the press can distort things and take advantage of vulnerable people in certain situations.

Mind you I am surprised people like Troy wouldn't know the media might twist their words and be more careful in their wording.

2. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It was yobs from the next town. The police said they knew who, but no charges were brought.
    The press are looking too often to spice up stories which like mine are not that interesting. You do have to be careful what you say, but I decided that once bitten I would not give them a second chance. If you are a public figure like Troy you probably cannot stay silent as I could, but it is well known that some players and managers are always good for a quote.

Markthehorn likes this.
  3. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

If they boo him mid-performance he might.

Deleted....... likes this.
  4. True enough - and if you carried on you might get a tuba wrapped round your neck <yikes>

andytoprankin likes this.
  5. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Tuba what? Toothpaste?

Deleted....... and oldfrenchhorn like this.
  6. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

<laugh>

7. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Some people are so.... sensodyne <doh>

Deleted....... likes this.
  8. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

Was there a conspiracy to stop Colin Franks winning the first ever WFC Player of the Season vote? A scandal, methinks. #Colgate

9. hornethologist a.k.a. theo

hornethologist a.k.a. theo Well-Known Member

Ran over a tube of toothpaste once....sadly it Mentadent <doh>

10. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

He got into trouble for Oral

11. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

We have been a bit unfair to Deeney, not because he is not doing what he did 2 years ago but because as a target man he has no one to feed off him and as a lone striker he is not getting anything to feed off himself, this years anger and frustration is a follow on from last yeasr debacle and that has been down to Silva and Gracia
    If he had someone like Vydra or Igalo to feed off him he would feel it worth while to put in the effort, at the moment he gets no service so why make the runs for nothing, when he does win the ball from two giant defenders no one is there to take advantage of it
    He is right we do not understand why he is not killing himself every game because we do not feel as disillusioned as he does for doing it all for nothing
    And on top of that when we are winning the defence throws it away, but he cant say that in public or slag off the manager in public so he can only say that the supporters do not understand how the players feel
    if we had Burnley's defence and two Deeney's up front we would probably be where Burnley are now, we have thrown away 22 points from winning positions and quite a few of those have been when Deeney has been replaced by Gray for the last 10 or 15 minutes

Deleted....... and andytoprankin like this.
  12. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

All about timing isn't it - Troy's words came when he hasn't performed well and after a couple of iffy results so fans were frustrated.

I think he was talking fans generally and of course some talk rubbish (not on here!) and who knows what he gets on Social media where anything goes it seems.

Had he said it 3 years ago when we were winning promotion people might have just brushed the comments off.

I must admit when you read the WO site you would think we were bottom of the league run by a bunch of crocks and have utterly useless players!

andytoprankin likes this.
  13. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Balanced points Dougie and Mark, I´d love to know how "happy" Deeney is on his tod up top.

14. duggie2000

Troy can still do a good job for us, but he cant be left up front on his own, if he had Grays speed over the first yard or so he could be the lone striker or if Gray had Troys attitude and power he could play the lone striker role
    I remember when we had Barnes and Blissit up front together for a while, if we could have created one player from the two of them he would have one of the greatest players ever, but we had to use their individual strengths together to get the best out of them
    I have just watched Troy and the true Geordie, I enjoyed it and it showed how human and therefore how vulnerable he is
    We have been lucky to have him and he has been lucky to have Watford Football Club
    Beat Palace Saturday and all will be well in the Watford Area

andytoprankin and Mexican Hornet like this.
  15. duggie2000

Mex i think two sending offs and the couple of recent outbursts demonstrate how happy he is to be playing up front on his own with no one within 10 yards of him

16. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHA too true!!!