1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Troy criticism for fans..

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Markthehorn, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

2. HaslemereKev

HaslemereKev Well-Known Member

Ahh the old "if you haven't played the game so don't know what you are on about" line. So does that mean when we praise the players, then they just ignore those comments as well?

I tend to think the core of our fans are pretty honest with the players - if they have lost but tried their best, then they will still get applauded off. If it doesn't look like they have tried, they will get criticism.

Do think some players have got all a little precious!

3. hornethologist a.k.a. theo

hornethologist a.k.a. theo Well-Known Member

Whatever he might think privately, he gains nothing by saying it in front of a reporter. He likes to think he's a tough player, but perhaps he's just a sensitive flower after all! Some of us have been watching and analysing games for twice as long as he's lived. If we weren't allowed to pass judgement, I'm not sure we'd bother to watch at all!

Deleted....... likes this.
  4. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

TD9, is slowly going down in my estimation. Shame. http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sp...ford-skipper-brushes-off-supporter-criticism/ to be fair he isn´t slagging supporters off, just saying that players see it differently.
    The comment I wonder when I read it is:
    “I am trying to make sure that next season I am bigger, stronger and faster and I will reinvest in myself.” God I hope only the faster is true. A club legend slowly lets it slip is what I can see now.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  5. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

the think i cannot understand is how can he come back most seasons unfit ?

6. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Storm in a tea cup. And most fans really don't know what they're taking about for the most part, alas. Hope he will back himself up by putting the ball in the onion bag on Saturday.

7. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Took me a second to get the analogy.... I thought sc___t_m for a millisecond <doh>

8. F1Hornet

F1Hornet Well-Known Member

I think I agree with what he is saying. I haven't played or coached football at any sort of level so I don't really know what I am talking about! More importantly, I have a lot of passion for WFC, so my highs and lows, anger and frustrations go beyond what is really constructive and helpful. Would I really want our team to have a coach that reacted like the Rookery end? Probably not. Yes, I want players with tenacity and commitment, but you can't be on the floor after a loss and on cloud 9 after a win in the same way supporters are. So when supports get very angry at a poor performance, you can't take that too seriously because they see and feel things as fans.

9. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Deeney is as stupid as many a footballer - if he had any brains they would be in his feet. Fans are what enable him to be paid a fortune. Without us he works in a factory. Idiot. Does he not realise that forty or fifty years of watching thousands of professional footballers gives the average fan a good idea of which footballers have it and which don't, and which ones are still trying their best. You do not have to be able to perform something to understand and appreciate what is good or not. How come he did not tell the fans we knew nothing when he was receiving praise.

10. Hornet-Fez

<laugh>

11. HaslemereKev

HaslemereKev Well-Known Member

Yes... thank god the players know what they're doing...

WvB.jpg

12. Hornet-Fez

By any standards, any pitch, any level, anywhere.... THAT is unacceptable! :headbang::headbang::headbang::steam::steam::steam::emoticon-0121-angry:emoticon-0121-angry:emoticon-0121-angry

andytoprankin likes this.
  13. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

14. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

He said: “I am better qualified than most people to talk about Arsenal. I grew up watching Arsenal back when they had five or six proper players".
    So being a fan makes him "better qualified" to comment - but Watford fans know nothing. This guy goes from bad to worse. His utterances have always been a nonsense but until a couple of years ago at least his football made up for it.

15. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Well I look forward to us getting to a cup final and potentially being in a European semi final next season then....

Not forgetting Arsenal have actually won 3 FA Cups in 4 years..

16. Hornet-Fez

Here's the whole interview. The language is colourful at times but it is with The True Geordie so you know what you're gonna get.

Personally, I don't see what the fuss is all about when taken in context. The Wobby have done Troy a disservice. Again.

17. Football eh?! I wonder if the lead violinist in the London Symphony Orchestra ever tells the audience that if they can't play Mahler's second concerto blindfolded they should keep it buttoned?

18. Easter Road 1980

Easter Road 1980 Well-Known Member

Next you'll be telling me you're a Paul Weller fan ffs!!

19. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

I count 5 opposition, 2 defenders + GK and 8 spectators

andytoprankin likes this.
  20. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

When I was in the UK I once organised the planting of 140 trees around our village in a day which took quite an effort to get all the people, tools, compost and saplings together. The next day nearly every single one had been snapped in half or pulled out of the ground. The local newspaper sent a reporter to take some pictures and interview me. When I saw his report I didn't recognise any of his "facts". Everything he said was totally wrong, he couldn't even get my name right. Thereafter I became unavailable for comment and the paper wondered why.