1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Trio Join Cheltenham On Loan

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by BCFCRob, Aug 30, 2017.

1. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised at us using GJs Cheltenham as our training club to be honest. The Ferguson's did similar and it worked well.
    I AM surprised at Moore being loaned out though - but if any of the players were upset about it they would instruct their agents to find them another club I assume And put in a transfer request during the window.
    I really don't get this 'the evil Johnsons are out to ruin our club' stuff.

2. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

I see Moore and Morell started yesterday with Hinds being given 30 ins. Not enough to save Cheltenham though as they lost and are rock bottom of the Football League.

I'm not sure this is the best spot for young footballers trying to impress.

3. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

'I really don't get this 'the evil Johnsons are out to ruin our club' stuff'.

They're not trying to ruin our club, honestly R&W what are you like. Nor is Lansdown trying to ruin our club.
    However, even with untold monies thrown at Junior, it will end in tears.

ps - The Johnson's are out for themselves and couldn't care less of anything else.
    Surprised so many are that gullible.

4. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

I didn't want lee , thought he wasn't ready, maybe a few years down the line if/when he had proved himself. I always thought he'd end up here eventually. I also thought he should have gone last season during the run of losses, in his defence he did manage to pull it around , once he dropped tomlin and settled on a consistent team. Whatever we think should have happened last year, & this is where I disagree to a degree with Wiz, lee is here now , he is the manager and I hope he does really well , only because it means city do really well. COYR

Bigjohnatyeo likes this.
  5. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I accept the bloke is our head coach and that he is here to stay, of course I want him to do well for the success of our team but if repeats last year's debacle......

AshtonRed and Redprintt like this.
  6. AshtonRed

Then he should go , simple . I was as keen as u that he should have gone last year , if it had been up to me he would have , but it ain't up to me . Only thing I care about it city doing well .

7. bcfcredandwhite

My sentiments exactly.
    I have no sentimental loyalty for either of the Johnsons. I thank Gary for giving me the thrill and excitement of taking us 90 minutes from the premiership - the closest we have been since the early 1980s - and I do think both have received unfair stick at times - particularly Lee.
    However, some of the stick directed at Lee since being our manager has been justified and I too wanted him replaced during our massive slump last season.
    Time will tell - I want City to do well whoever is in charge.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    AshtonRed, Bigjohnatyeo and wizered like this.
  8. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

As I said the next 4 or 5 games will show us our worth and my opinion on the appointment of Lee has been well documented. I heard from a well known poster on this site that one day the Mighty Lee would show up as our leader some time in the near future, and lo and behold he was right.

The biggest problem we have is the insistence of our owner to stick to the tried and tested even when it isn't working, and should the wheels fall off don't expect anything to change on the change front. Rearrange the words sand, stick, head or arse. Stay tuned.

9. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Surely them going to Cheltenham means LJ gets honest feedback about their progress from GJ

10. AshtonRed

Agree with you about feedback , my only concern is whether the level is high enough , not yet convinced it is .

11. AshtonRed

Just a thought we send our players that aren't yet ready for the championship on loan to lower league teams , couldn't we try this approach with our head coach ?

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  12. bcfcredandwhite

To be fair - although I recognise many will dismiss this; he has kept us in the Championship longer than anyone else since, well you tell me!

Yes he has had loads of money - but so what - we are still in the second tier.

13. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

But its higher than our development squad, which is where they would have ended up at least until January

AshtonRed likes this.
  14. AshtonRed

I think even Lee himself admits he has a lot to learn , my reply was flippant and not meant to be taken literally, I don't dislike Lee & the end of last season he did seem to have learned from his mistakes earlier in the season , bit he has had the 3 windows he asked to be judged by now & we need to 'push on' . If we don't then many will be calling for his head IMHO

15. Alandicksthegreat

Alandicksthegreat Well-Known Member

Strange how people moan about Bristol City sending three young up and coming youngsters to Cheltenham, ok you have the Johnson link, but I think it was important to keep these three lads together, the club should get good feed back from Cheltenham, it's not far from Bristol, so when they are at home, and city are not playing, not to far for city coaches to travel, makes a lot of sense to me, you always get the haters mocking the Johnson connection but hey they always will.

16. maga1810

maga1810 Member

Just a few observations;
    - Cheltenham is local, I believe that all three players are training with City 1-2 days if Cheltenham do not have a mid week game - I think this is positive.
    - Agree would prefer for them to play at a higher level
    - will League 2 "toughen them up" more than league 1 - as I say I would prefer a higher level
    - Cheltemham do try and play football - this is better than being at a long ball club at a higher level
    - At least we know that Lee has a good relationship with manager at Cheltenham!!!!!!!!!
    - the Alex Ferguson issue can no longer happen. Man U loaned Preston 3 kids. When Darren was sacked by Preston all 3 were recalled. This was back in the day of 1 month loans and recalls. Now loans have to be window to window.

Mind the gap! likes this.
  17. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

It's also worth pointing out that all loans to Cheltenham come back on January 1st

Therefore if they are world beaters in that league they can move up a league or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

NO

19. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Yes they do.
    You have things like Engvall going on loan until November but he is unable to play for us until January 1st from what I was told.
    But you can't loan during windows like before.
    The only way you can have new players are out of contract and they would of had to been out of contract 11pm on transfer deadline day.

Play nice please maga1810 only stated something. No need for a capital "NO" reply. We are only blunt to Red Robin on this forum ;)

20. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

To be fair there's no RHYME or REASON to JOHNGALLEY's use of CAPITALS... during sentances, as are font COLOURS and RANDOM ellipses... where there's no... CAUSE for THEM!

#BANTZ:emoticon-0105-wink:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    AshtonRed and Tom_BCFC like this.