1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfers Summer 2011?

Discussion in 'Wolves' started by magicwanderers, Jun 1, 2011.

1. east-coast-wolves

2. WhataballfromKennedy

With the exception of O Hara I can't see any big signings arriving soon.

You could argue that we would be in a much bettter position than 12 months ago with just this one addition!

Hunt is fit and flying, Fletch is on form and fit. OHara will have improved the midfield and the league is going to be easier, no disrespect to the promoted clubs..

3. Neilynotquite

Neilynotquite Member

I agree that O'Hara would make us stronger, and if MM can find a way of Doyle and Fletcher playing together without the midfield getting outnumbered we'll be more threatening going forward. I also think that individually Stearman, Berra and Elokobi improved last season, but we still don't look organised at the back. We need to bring in someone who can get the back four playing as a unit. Unless of course Mouyokolo is capable of doing that and gets fit.

4. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Yeah, overall the squad is better than at the start of last season, with o'Hara and any other decent signing(s) we should be in better shape.

Can you name a Wolves player who you would say has got worse last season?.

5. Neilynotquite

Neilynotquite Member

Not easily, but Karl Henry seemed scared of making a challenge for a long time after getting sent off at Wigan (and probably costing us the game).
    The other candidate for me is Ronald Zubar. Looks great when he comes forward but my heart's in my mouth when he has to defend. But then I thought that last season and definitely before the kamikaze pass at Bolton, so probably unfair to say he's got worse.

6. WhataballfromKennedy

You could argue Doyle wasn't as good as the season before...

Henry didn't improve. quite the opposite and Milijas frustrated after fleeting glimpses of his fabul

7. WhataballfromKennedy

You could argue Doyle wasn't as good as the season before...

Henry didn't improve. quite the opposite and Milijas frustrated after fleeting glimpses of his fabulous technique.

The squad as a whole definitely improved in quality with the most improves player being Sylvan Ebanks Blake :)

8. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Aye, funny enough Doyle and Henry were two players who I did think off when saying that no one had not improved.

Doyle I am hoping will respond to Fletcher getting fully fit and coming into form, and Henry i am not sure what to do with, McCarthy seems to love him, but you really need a captain with a more steady head.

9. east-coast-wolves

Doyle will be better next year when he is injury-free.

Henry should be gone. An upgrade there is needed.

10. Neilynotquite

Neilynotquite Member

I actually preferred Foley in the holding midfield role, but there's no way MM would get rid of Henry, and he is Wolves through and through. I think the signing of Jamie O'Hara helps. He's always looking for the positive ball, so Henry's tendency to go sideways becomes less of a problem.