1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfers in / out summer 2019

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by PINKIE, Apr 23, 2019.

1. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

News reports coming out in the last couple of hours that the club have decided to give Monreal a one-year contract extension <doh>

It's yet to be confirmed, but if true, this is a big mistake. He is 33 years old, lost his pace and isn't as sharp as he used to be.

He's been a great servant for us. However, this is a big step backwards and suggests we won't be in for a left-back this Summer. Which would also be a big mistake.

2. BrunelGooner

This is quite concerning I have to say. There was also that article earlier about the players questioning whether Emery's tactics are any good. And that doesn't help.

If the players are expressing their dissatisfaction with Emery's tactics, and the media have got wind of the story, then as we have seen at many other clubs, this only results in one outcome for the manager.

Regardless of how the players are feeling, I'm hoping we stick with him rather than twist, and give him full backing in the Summer, but it is not a good sign that players are doubting him.

This isn't the type of news you want to be reading before a season-defining game in the Europa League semi-finals.

3. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Tierney should have been a number 1 left-back target this summer. Get on it Arsenal.

4. BrunelGooner

I'd love him at Arsenal, but as I said in a post above, if we are offering Monreal a one year contract extension, that suggests to me that we won't be in the market for a left-back.

I hope the reports are wrong though.