1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer window thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

QPR Oslo and Hoop-Leif like this.
  2. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Not sure if he has been watching too much SSN transfer deadline day

3. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

Has any club in a position as we are in ever benefited from the January Transfer period? I don't think so.

4. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

5. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

So, that's it. Did we sign anyone that's going to make a difference to what we have know?

6. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

We signed Wszolek.
    We got rid of Sandro
    Caulker went on loan with an option to buy.

We got in a youngster with pedigree....Goss

And we got a talented star (if his head is in the right place

So yes Durbar ..probably

7. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Also gone BFG and loaned out El K. Now who is going to play tomorrow night? Seems as though nobody wanted Henry. Nobody at all.

8. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Doesn't seem like we signed a CB. Seems strange to me when with Caulker gone we only have 3 CB's ( Hall injured?, Ned, and Lynch carrying injury?), Holloway also said himself there was no CB in the U23's, yet we play with 3 CB's sometimes. Or am I missing someone?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    NorwayRanger likes this.
  9. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I guess this window was about changing things to suit Hollow. We got rid of players that didn't want to be here and got some higher earners off the books....
    However
    We sold £7m worth of players and we didn't reinvest that amount. Yes happy we signed the Polish lad and yes Ravel will be the most talented player in the division but I still think that once again we are downgrading.
    It's over to Hollow to prove me wrong.

Didley Squat and finglasqpr like this.
  10. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

I tend to agree with you Ellers. I don't buy the hype that this was a super duper window, Yes, we finally got rid of Caulker and Sandro. We also got rid of disruptive (allegedly) Polter and Chery. I am not convinced what we have signed will be any better. Smith from the clips I have seen looks average. Goss definitely has potential but is injury prone. Ravel is potentially a superstar in this league or he is also potentially a totally disruptive influence on the squad. Brilliant we signed the Pole permanently - defo good business. Bristol City fans seem to have mixed opinions on Freeman. To summarise, some good business, some not so good business. Overall, lets wait and see before we make any declarations of triumph.

Hoop-Leif and NorwayRanger like this.

11. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Well-Known Member

CB is definitely an area still needs strengthening particularly when we don't keep mean clean sheets so presumably will now happen in the summer.

Still lacking a natural goalscorer so don't see that many goals but hopefully the new midfielders my chip in or create a few.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  12. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Well-Known Member

Tend to agree although would like to think the midfield is a little stronger now but would have liked us too have bought a natural goalscorer. We're clearly competing at a financial level that's vastly different to a lot of clubs in the division so closing the gap maybe difficult.

The rest of this season has got to be about safety & the young squad gaining experience which can hopefully be added to in the summer.

13. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Is the loan window still open? Seem to remember in the past that loans wete available for another month for Championship clubs

14. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

Woken up to all this news due to time difference, and all seems very pleasing. Ollie has got rid of those who don't want to be at the club, and bought in potentially a fantastic talent in Ravel. I'm also gonna stick my head out, and say I am pleased Henry has stayed. We can't have a squad consisting solely of flair players. We need some work horses, who do the ugly jobs and probably give the ball away more often, but do it trying to protect the back four and whilst being put under pressure from attackers.

kiwiqpr and qpr1976 like this.
  15. qpherts

qpherts Well-Known Member

When Henry gives the ball away they usually score lol he'll prob go on loan

16. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

Overall, I have to say I am pleased with the business we have done. Morrisons attitude is my only concern. Can any of the new signings play tonight?

17. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

Is anyone actually saying that?
    I think it was a decent enough window but there are risks. Certainly the CB position seems a bit worrying.
    Given our financial position is seems a decent window but we may get sucked into the relegation battle in the short term. Hopefully with the new talent we will then pull ourselves out of it and go again next season.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  18. GroveRanger

GroveRanger Well-Known Member

Olly might be more shrewd that he's given credit for. He's always been about the badge being more important than the player and I remember listening to an interview he did at Millwall where he more or less said "if you don't want to play then eff-off" (sort of, and with a Bristolian accent) something he's often repeated if he thinks players aren't pulling their weight.

I don't think the players coming in are going to set the Championship on fire but you can bet Olly has sat them down and told them he expects hard graft. Sitting at 19th in the division at the moment is, in my book, being classed as in a relegation fight. I can only hope that those coming in are up for the job of getting us out of it.

Not getting spanked by The Toon would be a lovely start!

NorwayRanger likes this.
  19. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Well it was certainly a good window from a financial perspective - a few million profit on transfers and a significantly reduced wage bill. Not impressed by the Smith signing, but Washington could certainly prosper from feeding off him if we play two up top. The main concern for me though is that we seem to have a very unbalanced squad, with just three CBs and a multitude of midfielders.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  20. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I think it'll be ok. Perch is more a CB than RB so can cover. Losing Caulker was no loss really and hopefully the guy from Bolton will get a chance if it gets to that.

Not sure what the deal is with the loanees. I'd like to think we can recall Kakay and Shodipo if needed.