1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Window closed! Or has it?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Tickler, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Tickler

Tickler Well-Known Member

So the window has closed!
    Arguably been one of our better windows for quite some time!
    However I have just noticed a chronicle article with some freebies that are still available and that Newcastle should be considering!
    Some of which I think would benefit us if we were to go for them!

Ezequiel Schelotto
    Many may consider that McClaren’s side are still a little short in depth on the wings, making Italian Schelotto a potential free option.

At just 26-years-old he was released by Inter Milan this summer after a few loans to various Serie A sides. He is nicknamed El Galgo which translates to The Greyhound because of his speed and dribbling skills.

Yoann Gourcuff
    Attacking midfielder Gourcuff was often linked with a move to Tyneside during his five-year stay with Lyon. That spell came to an end this summer and no-one has snapped him up – yet.

Reports linked both Arsenal and Liverpool to the French international but neither have followed up with their interest. The one concern is his injury-hit past but he is certainly one of the more attractive propositions on the list.

Ron Vlaar
    The Dutch international defender left Aston Villa this summer convinced he would find a better deal elsewhere.

However, the 30-year-old later found that he required knee surgery that is likely to keep him out until 2016.

Urby Emanuelson
    With Sunderland needing left-back cover, the 29-year-old could provide that too - though more recently he has been used as a winger.

As well as Ajax he has also had spells at AC Milan and Roma and also enjoyed a successful six-month loan spell at Fulham in 2013. He was also capped 16 times for Netherlands between 2006-2012.

Chinedu Obasi
    Winger, loads of experience in the german league with Schalke and Hoffenheim. Pace to burn, recently been out for 10 months with a shin injury however back and available on a free now.

Personally think out of them Vlaar/Gourcuff could be very shrewd acquisitions if we were to go for them

2. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

No offence but Gourcuff would probably rather retire than join Sunderland.

His attitude absolutely stinks, he is one of those players who thinks they don't need to make any effort and deserves to start every game. He's proper bad news. He may try, for a team like Arsenal, but he's also injury prone.

He's got an ego that's for sure.

Vlaar will be back in the PL though.

3. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

Vlaar could well be the final player for our squad. His past connection with DA may hopefully clinch it.

4. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that, according to his surgeon, Vlaar won`t be recovered from his operation until after the new year. By the time he`s fully fit and gets rid of the `ring rust` I`m not sure there`ll be much of the season left.

5. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

I was thinking that, getting him up to speed, match sharp, he'll be fit for next season I think. Who's gonna fork out probably £40k+ per week to him whilst he's unfit/unready for action? I think a team like Everton would take him, on a pay as you play, for this season then if he shows that he's fully recovered from his injury, offer him a full time contract next season... it's a gamble for any team to take, not knowing how he'll recover. He could do well, or he could turn out like Owen Hargreaves.

grandpops likes this.