1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Thread Summer 2019

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by qprbeth, May 1, 2019.

1. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

ich boss Paul Lambert discusses future of reported QPR target Alan Judge
    Tom Thorogood @lapazenglish
    please log in to view this image

Ipswich Town manager Paul Lambert says midfielder Alan Judge hasn’t handed in an official transfer request despite admitting the player is interested in a move to Queens Park Rangers, East Anglian Daily Times report.
    "No, he hasn't done that [put in a transfer request] but I spoke to him a few weeks ago and we spoke about it," Lambert said.
    “An offer has been made that is nowhere near what Marcus is looking for so there's no real news on that side of it. We understand where he's coming from but he has to understand where we're coming from as well. If QPR or any club is interested they have to start the ball rolling."
    According to the East Anglian Daily Times, Ipswich have turned down two QPR bids for Judge, with the latter said to be in the region of £450,000.
    Judge only joined Ipswich from Brentford last January, initially signing on a short-term deal until the end of the season before agreeing to a two-year contract extension at the end of the campaign.
    The Republic of Ireland international, however, seemingly sees the option of linking up his with former manager Mark Warburton at QPR as a move which interests him.

Lambert told reporters for the East Anglian Daily Times on Wednesday that Judge has told him he would like to join QPR, but the playmaker evidently isn’t yet pushing hard for an Ipswich exit.
    Judge enjoyed one of his best seasons of his career under Warburton, grabbing an impressive 13 assists in 35 starts as he helped the Bees reach the Championship playoffs in 2014/15.

UTRs likes this.
  2. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Sheffield Wednesday: Queens Park Rangers 'poised to snap up' Owls' £10m striker as club look to trim front-line
    Queens Park Rangers have been reportedly offered the opportunity to sign Sheffield Wednesday striker Jordan Rhodes on loan, as the Owls look to whittle down their attacking options before the new season begins.
    By Richie Boon
    Thursday, 25 July, 2019, 12:43
    (Photo by Stephen Pond/Getty Images)
    The Scotland international joined the club for a hefty £10m fee back in 2017, as Wednesday hope they could help him to recapture the exceptional form that saw him flourish during previous spells with Huddersfield Town and Blackburn Rovers.
    Rhodes has only managed to score ten goals in 55 apperances for the club, and spent last season on loan with Norwich City, which saw him score six times as the Canaries won the league title.
    According to West London Sport, a source close to the Hoops, Wednesday have offered Rhodes to QPR on a temporary basis, and appears to be surplus to requirements as the Owls look to offload the ex-Middlesbrough man.
    The report doesn’t specify whether the deal would include any form of future fee clause, or whether there would be an obligation to make the move permanent at the end of the season.

UTRs likes this.
  3. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

4. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

West London Sport reporting that Leistner could be off too: https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-leistner-leaving-qpr-250719

Must confess to being slightly surprised by this - who plays at CB when Hall is injured for 6 months?

Edit: Having read Clive's (as ever excellent) post above, I see that Cameron might be a CB too. Still think we're potentially going to see a CB injury crisis at some point this season if we let Leistner go.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  5. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

I think Leistner would be missed. He’s not amazing but you know he’ll fight for the team.

6. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I like the bloke Leistner, but he's a very average footballer imo.

Shakespeare Hoop likes this.
  7. Goldhawk-Road

Goldhawk-Road Well-Known Member

Leistner is not a player I wanted to see going. I assume lack of mobility is the reason, but as said, he gives his all for the team and would have thought he'd play a part on the squad. Let's see if we get someone better.

QPRski likes this.
  8. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I think he and Smith will be missed too, especially when we are getting bombarded in the air. I think we would need to find another huge CD if Leischner goes, not sure Cameron would be in his best position there, or that he will be fit for all the games we are going get aerially bombarded.

Frome-Ranger and QPRski like this.
  9. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

QPR Oslo likes this.
  10. QPR Oslo

Seny Dieng gone on loan to Doncaster to 4 January.

11. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Interesting if it happens. Freebie, wanted by a number of clubs. Sold right back for £1.5m and possible signing of an out-of-contract’ replacement who can play right back and centrally - so happy to be versatile.
    Mustn’t complain when it makes financial and footballing sense.

QPRski likes this.
  12. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

So one goalie less.

Will a Lumley sale be next?

Who knows!

13. rangercol

I reckon it could be.
    Not sure he suits Warburton's style of play.

bobmid and QPRski like this.
  14. QPR Oslo

Hopefully not until 4 January.

15. rangercol

Why?

16. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Have to agree with that. Seems not the best with the ball at his feet

rangercol and QPRski like this.
  17. QPR Oslo

Dieng has gone on loan to Doncaster until then.

18. Shakespeare Hoop

Have to agree with this

19. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

Don't disagree but very decent back up option. Plus, he sends his kid to the same nursery mine is starting at soon, and I was hoping to get the inside scoop at pick up time! Alas.

Rangers Til I Die and rangercol like this.
  20. Stan Dupp

Stan Dupp Well-Known Member

Leistner will be sorely missed. Surely we need cover in every dept and we realise it's too early for masterson to step in as soon as Cameron, Wallace , Angel etc get inj which is inevitable. I'd rather not see or heR of the likes of Kane, judge etc until we get in at least 2 more strikers. WTF do we do this every season when the minute warburton was appointed, he knew we needed strikers and a week before the season starts we are still without one , let alone 2 or 3. So disenchanted it's not true. I thought by now I would have given in and renewed but really feel I can't take another season like last. I appreciate I make be leaving a sinking ship but I just can't handle what is going to be a very predictable season