1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours transfer thread fact and fiction

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Feb 1, 2017.

1. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

That's a sentiment that goes over the head of the "siGn sUMwuN" brigade: if a club accepts your first offer, you're paying over the odds

That's the thing with release clauses: they used to exist as a form of protection, for example the £15m we paid for Dembele - now they're used to tempt the monied clubs into paying over the odds up front

2. Citizen Kane.

Citizen Kane. Well-Known Member

I always like GKN...as a person rather than as a footballer. Played with a smile on his face and became the latest in a surprisingly long line of bit-part players to speak about the club in glowing terms despite the fact that moving here basically derailed his career for 3 years. Maybe the food in the cafeteria really is that good.

Seeing Wanyama depart will hit a lot closer to home as injuries have stripped not just Spurs but the sport in general of a fine midfielder who at the age of just 25 was already playing at an insanely high level. It really is sad to think that this season fans should be watching Vic at the peak of his powers but sadly it wasn't to be.

Looking at the squad as it is now and the only stand-out name I'd get rid of is Aurier. And Dier :emoticon-0105-wink:.

All in all, we've done a pretty good job of a much needed and long overdue clearout this summer.

3. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

That is such an impressive post. Brilliant CK you have been pretty much spot on with your assessments.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  4. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Wash your mouth out.

5. paultheplug

paultheplug Well-Known Member

You had better keep looking over your shoulder. DH will be looking for blood.

Edit. Too late . He’s seen it . Be afraid. Be very afraid

6. Spudulike

Spudulike Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Dier go back to being a defender. I think he's far better suited there nowadays and I have a sneaking suspicion we may be short there by a player or two in the not so distant future.

Citizen Kane. likes this.
  7. LockStock

LockStock Well-Known Member

With Wanyama seemingly going, I predict Dier is going to become even more important as a DM. A three of Dier Lo Celso and Ndombele, IMHO, will be the best balanced three we could deploy currently.

8. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Dier has not maintained the level of his 2016/17 performances...I know he was injured and ill last season but tbh his head being turned by united in the summer of 2017 seems to have had a negative effect on his career.

9. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Nowadays, he runs like I do. Get him off the carbs - raw meat only and remind him of the player he used to be...

maggie blanchflower likes this.
  10. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

Dier like Alli has gone stale and needs to get back to basics

Tilly'sowner and Citizen Kane. like this.

11. Citizen Kane.

The whole defence looked better that year due the almost impenetrable CM pairing of peak Wanyama-Dembele. So did the attackers due to the FBs stretching play against every team. It is telling to note which players have maintained a similar level of quality over the past 2 seasons despite the relative weaknesses around them. I'd say Eriksen, Kane, Son, Jan and Toby have either stayed consistent or improved. The rest have declined or stagnated. Like King just said, both Dier and Alli are on very thin ice for me. Both need to rediscover that sharpness and fire that made them so impressive in 15/16 and 16/17.

12. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Yeah this is the Dier we need back. When he was in that sort of form, he was one of the first names on the teamsheet.

13. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

I came off the carbs in mid April at 139.5 kg (22 stone). My knees were so painful I couldn't walk. I don't know what I weigh now because I won't go near a set of scales until I am happy but my waist has gone from 48 inches to 37 inches. Walking is still a little painful but I can do it. Time to go back to work.

14. "Thanks for that Brian"

I always put a **** load of weight on over the winter, so I came off them to get into a very expensive suit (for someone, I paid **** all for it, on ebay) for my sister's wedding.

Like you, I won't weigh myself but I've gone down 4 inches round my waist in 2 months and hope to delay the knee replacement by a few more years. Flogging my guts out building in 40+ degrees of Valencian heat didn't hurt.

Roo, Dier Hard and deedub93 like this.
  15. deedub93

Spain did me no favours, I was there in January to April. Went from 117 kg to 139.5 kg, Cheap booze, fantastic choice of cheeses and wonderful cured meats.

16. Citizen Kane.

Poch on Wanyama potentially leaving the club:

"We are not a charity".

Ouch.

17. "Thanks for that Brian"

At which point this thread comes together in some weird 'holistic' way...

I've heard and read that the club have been trying to get Big Vic to drop some serious poundage, to lessen the wear and tear on his knees and extend his career. Unfortunately, he's just not bought into it, has scarcely lost an ounce and patience with him has now run out.

So, the club's full of fat ****ers on and off the pitch and spaghetti's no longer on the menu. Pass the celery.

18. deedub93

They need to employ me as chef.

Super-low cal curry
    Chop two large onions, cover in boiling water and microwave for 20 minutes until soft. Drain and throw away the water leaving nice sweet soft onions.
    Sauce
    Blend, 1 tin tomatoes, 1/2 litre of fat free yogurt,1/2 tube tomato puree, 1x desert spoon of garlic powder, 5 x desert spoons of hot Madras curry powder, 1 teaspoon of salt and scotch bonnet chillies to taste (6 or 7 is nice if you like it hot).
    Mix onions and sauce and throw in about 750g of chicken breasts in a casserole dish. Cook at 190 C for 2.5 hours.

Makes 3-4 portions

Serve on a bed of iceberg lettuce, a chopped raw onion, half a dozen cherry tomatoes with cucumber, all sliced and mixed with a teaspoon of mint sauce.

tasty.

The Changing Man likes this.
  19. Spudulike

Spudulike Well-Known Member

Sugar is the number one enemy. Cut that out (and anything that turns to sugar) and the rest takes care of itself <ok>

As for your knees, get this. I swear by it!

please log in to view this image

20. deedub93

Too true, but cut out beer.....yes I know....bread, pasta, potatoes and rice as well and the inches will fall off. Just make sure that you eat a teaspoon of salt a day otherwise you will feel knackered and suffer loads of cramps.