1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours transfer thread fact and fiction

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Wan-Bissaka for the RB. He’ll be the best RB in the Prem within 2 years if he continues and improves his form. Absolute mustard.

2. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Zaha’s basically put himself on the transfer list by insisting he should be playing in the CL.

Can’t deny, the idea of a front three of Zaha, Kane and Son would be pretty tasty. Think he could really raise his game here and find that consistency that’s often held him back.

LockStock and Lovearsenalcock like this.
  3. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

I’m just not sold on him DH, he is a tremendously skilled player but just doesn’t have the output we need from a player on the right of the attacking group. He’s had nearly 5 seasons back at Palace now to find that consistency and hasn’t managed it despite being a guaranteed starter for them.

He’s the biggest fish in the Crystal Palace pond right now and everything is set up to go through him in a free role. He spends a lot of time in the inside channels, especially on the left. If we’re trying to adapt to a new system to get the best out of Kane and Son, then adding another who wants to play in an area of the pitch that they both already favour probably isn’t that smart. Zaha might take well to a more defined role on the right of a three but that’s a gamble.

It’s a shame Lucas isn’t more consistent because I think he’s ideal for what we need from the player on the right. As it is I’d rather gamble on someone like Jarrod Bowen to compete with Lucas there, he isn’t as explosive or skilful as Zaha but I think is just a better fit for the kind of player we want in that position, plus he’s 4 years younger and is likely less of a financial risk.

Citizen Kane., Roo and deedub93 like this.
  4. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Zaha’s a risk because he’s not shown the levels of consistency you’d want but then is that because he plays for a poor side under a manager who prefers negative tactics? I think he could be a player that Poch could elevate to a new level. He’s got all the talent, just needs to learn how to apply it on a regular basis. A consistent Zaha would be a deadly player.

I’m more than happy for Lucas to be given a solid run though. There’s been times I’ve felt he’s not had the deserved chances to get a run going.

Bowen looks impressive, whether he could take the leap up to be important enough for a side like us is hard to say.

5. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

I certainly agree with that (bold), I just don't think it's going to happen. If Moura hasn't yet been given a chance to have a serious run, Zaha probably isn't going to get that chance ahead of him. Plus, I think it's a positional thing for him as well, he wants to play where Son and Kane already prefer to operate, so signing him only complicates matters when we're trying to solve that situation. We need a predominantly right-sided player who will balance the forward trio. Consistent or not, that isn't what Zaha is, and thats the bigger issue for me really.

Plus despite his apparent 'come and get me' plea to a top 4 side, I don't see him at one next year. While there is something to be said for being contrarian in how we identify targets, I think Zaha fits into that grey area between 'promising' and 'unfulfilled potential'. Signing a mid-20s guaranteed starter from Palace in the hope he'll step it up is, IMO, very different from looking at someone like Bowen or Grealish. Look, if Zaha joins I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong, but I think we need to look elsewhere.

deedub93 and BobbyD like this.
  6. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

The main thing in Zaha's favour is he's HG - but then again so is Marcus Rashford, and a front three of Kane/Son/Rashford is a much better-sounding proposition than Kane/Son/Zaha

7. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

There was a lot of conjecture that we tried to sign him last summer. There was no chance that we were going to get him out of Palace without him kicking off about wanting to leave, as Palace held all the cards. Hid didn't do it, so we didn't go anywhere near Palace wanting £70m.

This season has been a bit of a disaster for him. He's been injured a fair bit and despite Palace investing plenty in recent seasons, they remain steadfastly in the lower middle reaches of the PL and the England national team has shown that last summer wasn't a flash in the pan. He's gone backwards personally and watching us go deep into the CL and other potential suitors, Arsenal and Chelsea enjoying Thursday night 'glory' seems to have lit a fire under the boy's ass.

I wanted us to try to get him last season. I'm less convinced now. I know this is the kind of stunt we need him to pull but I'm not hugely keen on it. A lot of life is timing, I just get the impression this has come too late for us......unless Palace chuck in Wan Bissaka.

8. humanbeingincroydon

Vulture Watch

Today I'll be looking at players out of contract at the end of the season, and because I want to drive myself insane I'll list them alphabetically, and I'll asterisk anyone who has been linked with us this season

Mario Balotelli (Nice, 28yo, Italy, ****ing headcase)
    Hatem Ben Arfa (Rennes, 32yo, France, attacking midfield)
    Andrea Bertolacci (Milan, 28yo, Italy, centre midfield/total boss in FM12)
    Yacine Brahimi (Porto, 29yo, Algeria, left wing)
    Josip Drmic (A German Team, 26yo, Switzerland, striker)
    Alan Dzagoev (CSKA Moscow, 28yo, Russia, attacking midfield)
    Olivier Giroud (Chelsea, 32yo, France, striker)
    Ander Herrera (Manchester United, 29yo, Spain, central midfield)
    Hector Herrera (Porto, 29yo, Mexico, centre midfield)*
    Sebastian Jung (Wolfsburg, 28yo, Germany, right back)
    Yuki Kobayashi (Heerenveen, 26yo, Japan, centre midfield/right wing)
    Aleksandr Kokorin (Zenit, 28yo, Russia, striker...and I swear he was on one of these two years ago)
    Vincent Kompany (The Sheikh Mansour Team, 33yo, Belgium, centre back)
    Konstantinos Lamprou (Ajax, 27yo, Greece, goalkeeper)
    Adam Maher (AZ, 25yo, Holland/Morocco, centre midfield)
    Juan Mata (Manchester United, 30yo, Spain, attacking midfield)
    James Milner (Saltypool, 33yo, England, centre midfield)
    Nacho Monreal (Woolwich, 33yo, Spain, left back)
    Francisco Montero (Atletico Madrid, 20yo, Spain, centre back)
    Alberto Moreno (Saltypool, 26yo, Spain, left back)
    Adrien Rabiot (PSG, 24yo, France, centre midfield/psychiatrist's couch)*
    Rafael (Lyon, 28yo, Brazil, right back)
    Andreas Samaris (Benfica, 28yo, Greece, defensive midfield...also from LadyC's hometown so it might give me an excuse to drag her to games)
    Daniel Schwaab (PSV, 30yo, Germany, centre back)
    Oliver Sorg (Hannover, 28yo, Germany, right back)
    Daniel Sturridge (Saltypool, 29yo, England, treatment room)
    Konstantinos Stafylidis (Augsburg, 25yo, Greece, left back)
    Neven Subotic (St Etienne, 30yo, Serbia, centre back)
    Thomas Vermaelen (Barca, 33yo, Belgium, treatment room)
    Luca Zidane (Los Ladrones, 20yo, France/Spain, goalkeeper)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  9. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yeah, you could probably say so:
    https://streamja.com/d0PB

Dier Hard likes this.
  10. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

That’s another £5m off his asking price. Result!

11. Alfie Conn

Alfie Conn Well-Known Member

Tielemans with another assist today,surely worth a bid

LockStock and Roo like this.
  12. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Yes.

The challenge is when to begin (when CL for next season is secured,
    now - irrespective of how this season ends ?? ) .

Alfie Conn likes this.
  13. LockStock

LockStock Well-Known Member

Palace will never sell us two of their best players in one season. If it's Wan vs Wilfred, I hope we go all out for Wan.

I'd love to see Zaha at Spurs but I don't see it happening, especially with Moura in the squad. I imagine Poch and Levy will be seeking younger alternatives, just as Bissaka is a younger RB alternative.

14. Citizen Kane.

Citizen Kane. Well-Known Member

Spot on. <applause>

Our priority in attack has got to be an Eriksen replacement plus a decent (young) understudy for said replacement to avoid a repeat of playing him 50+ games a season and then moaning when he pulls out of every challenge in order to avoid getting injured. That plus another attempt at a Janssen type to support Kane. Pacy attackers are just not the priority with Son improving year and year and Lucas with a lot more to show (I feel).

The big money has to be reserved for CM but then again the recent re-emergence of Wanyama (whose eulogy I'd already composed over 3 months ago) throws a spanner in the works as Poch is clearly a massive fan of GOAT and Winks, and with Dier and Wanyama potentially staying at the club plus Skipp developing, where does that leave us?

15. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

IMHO Wanyama is Dembele mk II.
    He has a future at Spurs, but I doubt that more than 30 games max per season.

My gut instinct is to go for Tielemans.
    No longer just an hbic name, he has taken to the PL like a duck to water.
    And as I said earlier, when is the best time to get that ball rolling.

Lovearsenalcock and Alfie Conn like this.
  16. humanbeingincroydon

The most important question this summer is who can we offload the deadwood onto

Last summer had nobody willing to take Jansen and GKN on anything other than a clause-free loan and I can't see that changing this summer with Jansen only playing U23 games while GKN hasn't been in Monaco's match day squad in literally months

Cash + player deals are one option, but say we made a bid for AWB, who would we be able to throw in to grease the wheels?

17. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

Approach Monaco now. Get Hugo and Mousse to have a word and give him a tour of the new lane.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  18. humanbeingincroydon

*ahem*

Toby and Verts

19. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

They all speak French i'd guess

20. humanbeingincroydon

Flemish might be a little more important

...best have Jonathan De Bie tag along too, just to be sure