1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours transfer thread fact and fiction

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Feb 1, 2017.

1. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

I genuinely didn't get that vibe from him. I thought that the reference to the future managers was referring to a long way down the road, i.e. those managers in 10, 20, 30 years time, will all be the beneficiaries of the new stadium.

We're at the crossroads as a club. We've built a stadium that is hugely ambitious and has cost an enormous amount of money. Joe Lewis has always wanted to get his hands on an NFL franchise. Whether he can do that alone, or whether he needs an American partner is unclear but he's going to go all out for it. If we get in someone like that, that will result in a huge amount of money coming in, which could wipe out the debt.

MP committed to 5 years in the summer.I doubt that he did that without being promised financial progress. If the club intend to remain on its current course, we are likely to hit problems in a few years. A business is either moving forwards or it's moving backwards. Arsenal's stadium build shows what happens when you let the business totally dictate to the football side. We could replicate that or choose to do something different. Given how little cash ENIC have put in, they could re-capitalise the club, rather than selling up to someone who's interested solely in the bottom line. It's FFP compliant and would point to the future.

I'm optimistic that the way forward is to invest and grow but we shall see...

2. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

He means the traditional Levy model has played a blinder,
    but it will be on Dembele legs very soon if nothing changes.

KingHotspur likes this.
  3. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

If Mousa Dembele doesn't sign for Beijing Sinobo Guoan, has this story just been Chinese whispers?

"Yeah, yeah......I'm getting my coat..."

4. The RDBD

Careless whispers.

< I'll see your coat, and raise you mine >

5. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So who replaces Dembele, then? Are there even any rumours of someone coming in?
    We may as well recall Onomah from Wednesday, for a start, as he's already shown that he's not a Steve Bruce player.

6. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Not really (Jack) sure, if only there were (Grealish) decent homegrown options about (Jack) that probably wouldn’t need too much time (Grealish) settling into the side and who’d likely improve (Jack) ten fold under Poch’s tutelage (Grealish).

Spurm likes this.
  7. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

No idea, then? Fair enough.

8. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Dembele Watch
    Sky are reporting that we've accepted a £9m bid for Dembele from Beijing Sinobo Guoan
    The BBC are reporting we've accepted an £11m bid for Dembele from Beijing Sinobo Guoan

One of those will be in Hack Watch soon...

Exodus Watch
    The Yorkshire Evening Post are reporting that we've offered to loan Vorm to Leeds - although Leeds' preference is for Newcastle's Karl Darlow, but they've hit an impasse as Leeds want a loan and Newcastle want a £4m sale
    Onomah's injured, although it gets more ridiculous than that: after picking up a knock against Middlesbrough, this happened...

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  9. The RDBD

Some poster Isco ing on again about what players Spurs will sign ??

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  10. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

So come on then, Serie A experts, tell us the deal. Completely new name we've been linked with as far as I'm aware, albeit doesn't look like it'll happen anyway.

11. The RDBD

Actually, where is Cove nowadays ??
    Been ages since I have seen Eredivisie ITK from him.

12. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Probably got pissed off with us buying from Ajax.

Roo, Dier Hard and The RDBD like this.
  13. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Used to really enjoy Cove's posts. I took (still do, though just not as much) a huge interest in the Eredivisie so always asked Cove for his views on the players I thought were looking the part (specifically remember Eriksen being one of them :emoticon-0103-cool:). Don't know why he don't post any more, a shame.

@Cove, where you at?!

14. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Grealish showing he's got good humour. He'd fit in well here. <whistle>

15. humanbeingincroydon

He's a midfield hatchet man, but this one raises so many red flags
    * He signed for Torino last summer on a five year contract, so he won't be cheap
    * His stint at Monaco only lasted a single season, and he was loaned to Bordeaux for half of that
    * He's very much a one-trick pony, very effective at breaking up play but his passing and dribbling are woefully ineffective
    * So far this season he's picked up six yellows and a red in Serie A, which begs the question just how reckless his tackling is

At best he sounds like an alternative to Barrios...but surely Barrios would be more affordable, and on top of that Meite is only six months younger than Barrios so he's at the age where he should be starting to deliver, yet he's still considered a youngster with promise while Barrios is a full international. If it was a straight choice between the two, I'd take Barrios every time.

Dier Hard likes this.
  16. humanbeingincroydon

Bundesliga Rando Watch
    BILD are now reporting that we're after Timo Werner, although Taurine FC Leipzig want £53m for him

I'm trying to think which angle I should assume this is bollocks from: the angle that remembers we've been linked with him every single season since Poch took charge, the angle that it's obvious that Bayern will be hoovering him up in the summer, or the angle where the question is which one of Kane or Son do we drop in order to play him?

17. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

The only way that works is if we choose to not sign a CM and go with a new formation of:

Eriksen, Dier/ Sissoko (DM), Alli
    Werner, Kane, Son

It's somewhat emulating how Pool play with Salah, Firmino and Mane. We've actually played a bit like that this season, Eriksen was deeper in a number of games and played alongside Winks and Sissoko rather than in front of them.

It's a non-starter though in my opinion, can't see us spending £53m any time soon unless we shift all the deadwood out to add onto whatever we've got in the transfer pot.

18. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Wait to see how disappointed we all are at the money Eriksen goes for in the Summer...50 mill tops for someone in his last year...we won't be getting Coutinho money for him.

We won't find anyone better unless we at the very least double that fee...just give him the same as Kane instead of all this.

19. humanbeingincroydon

Oh that reminds me...

Isco Watch
    The Wail are suggesting Los Ladrones are willing to give us £50m + Isco for Eriksen in the summer...

20. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

We'll get at least £100m for him I reckon, especially if it's this summer he goes. I'd imagine £120m if this summer. Just pray we pay him what he wants though.