1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours transfer thread fact and fiction

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Feb 1, 2017.

1. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think that the Rashford thing is bullshit, personally. He's played 52 games this season.
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mar...aten/spieler/258923/saison/2017/plus/1#gesamt

22 starts and 22 appearances from the bench for Utd.
    The only way that he'll be looking to move on is if he joins a team where he's first choice striker, in my opinion.
    A lot of his appearances are on the wing and/or from the bench, so maybe he'd get more full games up top somewhere else?
    Definitely wouldn't be at Spurs, though.

2. Never would have imagined it and maybe I’m sampling the same substances, but I’m in agreement with you on the one. Far from feeling panicky, I get an almost assured feeling when he comes on. :emoticon-0148-yes:

And having completely forgotten about Janssen, I just wonder whether he might still have a future here. He seemed to be a popular lad in the dressing room (judging by the teams reaction when he got that first PL goal). If he’s got some goal scoring confidence back and knuckles down to the training regime, he wasn’t lacking in attitude last season - at least not until he made the poor decisions around his loan opportunities.

Or maybe that is the effect of the drugs......... <laugh>

Dier Hard likes this.
  3. yossarian

yossarian Well-Known Member

I always thought he should have been given the opportunity to prove that his first season was down to being a youngster in a new league. We've seen it time and again, players taking time to adjust. I thought he was beginning to come good at the end of last season and he could definitely hold the ball up. He was far better than Llorente has been.

4. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Drugs makes everything great so at least we're being positive <laugh>.

I'm undecided on Janssen, me and my mates have a group chat on whatsapp and Janssen was the topic of discussion a couple days back, my mate Scott is adament that he'll come good if given the chance while most are under the impression it'll be better to cut our losses and let him hopefully rebuild his career elsewhere.

I don't think I'd be against him coming back but I'd like for Poch to look at bringing Sterling and/ or Griffiths up and utilising them in the first team. I think maybe the Spurs DNA may work best when it comes to competing and challenging Harry, we've had a big money signing, an up and coming talent and a veteran all fail in being able to lead our line in recent seasons, maybe we just have to look closer to home with the next option (?).

5. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Welcome back, Ry! <ok>

Rocky blue army likes this.
  6. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Test that on saturday then with a starting XI
    slot against Citeh, shall we ...

7. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

When he comes off the bench and bangs in a 25 yarder in the last minute to seal a 2-1 victory, you can expect me to be like:
    please log in to view this image

8. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

So unless that occurs on minute 1, I'll take that as a no then.

9. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

Gareth Bale rumours seem to have legs. Not necessarily legs that can walk anywhere, but protrusions of skin, bone and cartilage from the hip down nonetheless. A lot hinges on Real's decision Re Toby. But pretty clear that we have first refusal. Growing whispers that Levy wants to make a marquee signing as a way to celebrate the new stadium. Although in all likelihood the only marquee he will sign is an actual marquee which he will place next to the stadium and hire out for summer functions.

I've been CK, and this is your weekly ITK Bullshit Bulletin.

10. Bale’s in the crosshairs of the media and some ex-Ladrones players - but that seems to have been the case for 3 years!
    He still has the support of Perez it seems and supposedly Zidane - although he’s not likely to be around for long - but you wouldn’t put money on his RM career lasting last July.

Mind you, if the marquee has a Cheese stall few will care about the quality of any signing we make <laugh>

Dier Hard and remembercolinlee like this.

11. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

No way we're signing Bale. Not a chance we'd afford him.

I can believe Levy may want a marquee signing for the new ground but a £70m+ £300k a week Bale won't be that guy.

I'm so confident we won't sign him, that if we do, I'll happily allow a vote to be made on Not606 to change my avatar and username for the whole season to whatever the majority's choice is.

12. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

How about a World Cup winning striker?

please log in to view this image

13. humanbeingincroydon

...reinforcements?

...although I doubt it

14. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

What is wrong with the kid?!

He's gonna **** up his career before it's even started, such a shame because talent wise he's potentially the best we've had for his age.

I think it was you, HBIC (apologies if someone else), that said Shashoua will likely surpass him in terms of breaking through to the first team, I'm definitely agreeing with that now.

15. humanbeingincroydon

It's worrying that the Indy's report is almost talking about Edwards' career in past tense
    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...auricio-pochettino-lionel-messi-a8298846.html

I've seen it mentioned by some Twitter ITK that Daniel Farke wanted Edwards to work on the defensive side of the game, and it;s not clear whether or not that's something he did - mainly because I'm not going to be that bloke who pops over to Norwich's board to ask how Edwards looked in his six minutes against Fulham.

Couldn't have happened at a worse time for Edwards, though, given Reo Griffiths and Rodel Richards are now being seen as the crown jewels of the academy with the likes of Samuel Shashoua, TOB, Jack Roles, Oliver Skipp and Dylan Duncan all seemingly nudging ahead of him too.

16. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

I don't understand the timing. He just seemed to be breaking into the side.
    He'd actually come on as a sub in a game and was regularly making the bench. Why leave now?

17. humanbeingincroydon

This might explain some of it...

18. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

That's just ridiculous. They should make him work in a factory for a month and see if it wakes him up.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  19. humanbeingincroydon

Maybe a couple of weeks making CK boxers in an Egyptian sweatshop will sort him out...or have him publicly accuse Salah of hypocrisy for not saying a single word about this practise happening in his home country, presumably because his sponsors have paid him to keep his mouth shut.

20. humanbeingincroydon

Centre Back Watch
    We haven't heard the phrase "Alderweireld replacement" for a few days, so of course here comes the next batch...

Nordi Mukiele (Montpelier, 20yo, France U21 (rough translation: DR Congo), contracted until 2022)
    Certainly appears to be the sort of defender Poch would go for given his comfort on the ball when bringing the ball forward as well as his absurd amount of pace, which is why he began his career as a right back before moving into the middle, Mukiele also ticks the boxes of being good in the air and being proactive at the back instead of sitting back - although there's two obvious sticking points, namely he's also noted for the having Aurier's habit of the occasional lunging tackle, and the Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed bin Sultan bin Zayed bin Khalifa Al Nahyan Team are also said to be looking at him (so Montpelier are no doubt aware that a City bid will cover their FFP status for at least three seasons)

Ben Wilmot (Stevenage, 18yo, England U19, contracted until June)
    A bit of an odd one this: on Monday we were hearing from The Sun how he'd snubbed overtures from us, Arsenal and Saltypool to sign for Watford...yet come Wednesday that same hate comic said he rejected Watford, meaning...it's possible, I guess? That being said, Wilmot appears to be more in the Michael Dawson mold than the Vertonghen/Foyth/Mukiele/Pavard mold, although he does know how to play with the ball at his feet so perhaps a season or two with the U23s will unlock some potential there if he were to sign.

Japhet Tanganga (Spurs U23, 19yo, England U20 (or DR Congo), contracted until...yeah, Transfermarkt don't have an earthly)
    There's been a certain buzz about Tanganga's performances for our youth teams this season (not Reo Griffiths/Rodel Richards levels, but still...) and he was the sole Spurs player in the England squad for last summer's Toulon tournament, but it's worth keeping an eye on him - after all, our youth teams can;t defend for **** this season, so if he's standing out then he's got to be doing something right...