1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours transfer thread fact and fiction

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Strengthening the team and squad is all I care about, whether it be a loan or 5 year deal is somewhat irrelevant to me, Lenglet adds depth and (hopefully) quality to LCB and that’s what matters. Davies was class under Conte last season but we were in danger of running him into the ground just as we often do with Kane and Son, so now having the option to rotate is huge. The signings we’re doing are genuinely impressing me, some may not be world beaters in people’s eyes but they’re signings that - on paper at least - make a hell of a lot of sense.

2. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That'll kill one of Boro's main options for Spence other than us.
    Bayern with the robbery on Richards too, who they nicked from Reading on a Bosman.

3. Allledleykingsmen

Allledleykingsmen Well-Known Member

Paul o'Keefe just said on twitter that an option to buy could be added into Lenglets loan a bit further down the line.

He's through the door anyway and as others have mentioned we have true completion for Davies now.

Hopefully we get Spence or another RWB in soon and try and move on Ndombele, LoCelso, Winks, Regulion and possibly Emerson in the coming weeks, clear the Decks and see if we can improve on Rodon and Gil.

4. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

I think it’s also worth pointing out that most of the reliable Spurs Twitter folk say we probably want another CB before the end of the window. Lenglet coming in on loan now means we have most of the pieces in place and can get an important squad member for the coming season bedded in, while continuing to monitor other options if the opportunity arises to get a target who was higher up the list but wasn’t available at the start of the summer. Or we look for more of a prospect. We’ll have funds once the outgoings kick in, I’m waiting to see who is announced in the tour squad because that’ll be a good indicator of the ones we definitely want to shift.

We’ve done really well to strengthen as we have so early in the window, but even if/when Spence or another RWB is confirmed I doubt that’ll be us shutting the door for incomings.

Dier Hard likes this.
  5. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

...okay, seriously, how about announcing Romero's loan has been made permanent?

6. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I said a week or so back I thought that we’d maybe look at pumping the LCB money we’re saving on Lenglet into a CCB like Bremer but it sounds like Bremer really doesn’t want to leave Italy so I could be wrong. We do have enough CBs now, it’s just if the possibility to upgrade comes along we could/ should do so.

Once that RWB is done I’d say that’s our needs sorted. A few of us wanted a creative mid but I wonder if Conte doesn’t feel it’s a priority. His system has been upgraded at LWB and CM, should be upgraded at RWB and then there’s also more goals to call upon with Richarlison too, taking that into consideration, we should do a lot better in games this season.

Yeah I also think we’ll keep our eye on the market, there’ll be opportunities come up that’s for sure. Plus it’s been whispered that we want to add some more prospects too so I think once we’ve sorted Lenglet and the RWB and then shifted some out the door, we’ll possibly see a few more Sarr’s and Gil’s get linked.

7. The Huddlefro

I think Bremer needs to do a year longer in Italy to get his citizenship or something, hence why he’s not keen to move away yet.

8. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

If another CB is seen by Conte as an "advantageous"
    rather than "essential" , then sucj signinfs may do down
    to the wire.

So for example we may see a game of "chicken" with
    Villarreal for Pau Torres (with the price of GLC being in the mix) .

9. humanbeingincroydon

I'm wondering how much of the WAR CHEST™ is being kept aside in case we think we may as well just take the hit on Ndombele now

10. The Huddlefro

I think we’ll get another CB if one of Rodon or Sanchez leaves. Conte has spoken highly of both but Rodon wants to play more and if a big offer came in for Dave then I could see us selling up and looking for a different option there. Both going would probably leave us with a little too much to do. Especially given uncertainty around Tanganga.

Everything has gone so quiet around Pau Torres you can’t help but feel we may have moved on from him. Like you say though, if we move on Rodon or Sanchez and Villarreal come back for Gio then maybe they revisit Torres if he’s still available.

My feeling is that once Lenglet is confirmed and once a RWB is sorted, Conte will be pretty happy with the squad and it’s then reacting to outgoings and taking any opportunities that open up later in the market.

Allledleykingsmen likes this.

11. humanbeingincroydon

Zabarnyi at Dynamo Kyiv interests me, as he's certainly a prospect CB and it;s not unfeasible that we'd actually be in the black if we sign him and sell Rodon - and let's be honest, I doubt there will be much haggling there...

12. The Huddlefro

He’d be very much a prospect, surely. It’s hard to know what to make of such a young player from a relatively unwatched league. Though 22 caps for Ukraine’s senior team at the age of 19 is no joke.

13. Allledleykingsmen

Allledleykingsmen Well-Known Member

Totally agree mate. Ive been banging his drum for a while now. Zabarnyi Would be a fantastic buy. He's very highly rated and has all the tools to be a top player young but so composed and can play all CB positions. Wouldn't cost the earth too.
    Obviously with the issues over in Ukraine I don't know how feasible or easy it would be to do a deal but I certainly hope we go in for him.

14. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

I really like the look of Pau Torres, I think he would be an excellent addition

15. humanbeingincroydon

Given Shakhtar both sold and loaned out players in March-April, and Donetsk is right in the line of fire while Kyiv hasn't been for several months, it isn't an impossible task

The main issue, obviously, is that Zabarnyi is only 19 and...well, let's be honest, taking him away from Ukraine while he surely has friends and family stuck there doesn't exactly feel like the right thing to do

16. humanbeingincroydon

A couple of things worth noting about those two
    - Bastoni is contracted until 2024
    - Gvardiol has a release clause which activates next summer

Again, we're basically telling Lenglet he's a stopgap for a season, but it's better to have a stopgap than nobody at all

17. humanbeingincroydon

Winksy linked with Leicester

18. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Tielemans replacement :bandit:

19. humanbeingincroydon

And vice versa...?

Diego likes this.
  20. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Can replace anyone as long as he goes, lol.

Lovearsenalcock and Diego like this.