1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours transfer thread fact and fiction

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Feb 1, 2017.

1. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

Bryan Gil?

2. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

I would have thought that Burnley would have more of a cause for complaint, since Everton gained a few points in the games he could potentially have been banned for if the FA had acted more quickly. For example they won the next game after the flare incident and drew the game after that. Presumably he contributed something in those games. The fourth game after the flare he scored in.

3. Billy The Spur

Billy The Spur Well-Known Member

4. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

I’ll be very surprised if we don’t look at a HG forward now to help with the numbers now Bergwijn is confirmed off. Gordon at Everton, Dwight McNeill and Harvey Barnes are all names that have been thrown around.

It looks like Lenglet is pretty much done and we’re still working on Spence so I imagine we’ll try and wrap them up before the tour then look at other options.

5. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

6. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

No.

The Changing Man likes this.
  7. KingHotspur

Why not?

8. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

FWIW, personally I don't think he's up to it...but far, FAR, FAR more importantly, Conte doesn't. He needs to be playing regular, first team football and will be loaned out or sold to ensure that he does. Sitting on our bench isn't going to help him or us.

9. Allledleykingsmen

Allledleykingsmen Well-Known Member

Possibly mate but the likelihood is he will go back on loan.

10. Left on the Shelf

Left on the Shelf Well-Known Member

PleaseNotPoll likes this.

11. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

12. KingHotspur

Maybe the 5 subs thing will help him, will definitely be easier to get game time next season. I definitely think he needs to be physically stronger but he does have talent.

13. Citizen Kane.

Citizen Kane. Well-Known Member

I didn't and still don't get the hype about him. Yes, he's been capped for Spain but so have many players patently not good enough for the PL. Plus the team is a shadow of its former self.

He impressed in La Liga for half a season with Leganes and a full season with Eibar, two of the worst teams in the league - the latter got relegated the year he was there.

A small step up to mid-table Valencia proved too much, as he failed to score and provided 1 assist in 13 games. He was hardly used in the final two months of the season.

It doesn't bode well, I was against his signing in the first place as we lost a strong squad player and leader in Lamela and paid a huge amount of money for a lad who looks like he'll need a 2-3 year grace period if he'll ever get up to top 4 PL speed. And Conte ain't hanging around that long.

Roo likes this.
  14. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Quite ironically these were actually similar concerns we had about Lamela in the early days.

15. Citizen Kane.

To a far lesser extent.

You can't compare Eibar to Roma.

16. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Doesn't matter what he done at previous clubs, Lamela was timid, injured and ineffective for quite a while until he started coming good. There were lots of people complaining at him being our record signing for quite some time. Many would still even argue we never really got the player we wanted either, even if he did somewhat achieve cult hero status with us for his mentality.

17. Citizen Kane.

You're focusing on him after the fact.

I'm saying from the point of view of what encouraged us to sign them in the first place: two excellent seasons at Roma overshadow one and half good seasons at La Liga relegation fodder. Lamela's signing made much more sense to me than Gil's did.

I'm not writing him off btw, I'm just saying I think he's a minimum 2 years off of being ready to even contemplate regular PL game time. I think Lamela was the same, it just happened to be that he benefitted from being a member of a top 6 squad with a manager who favoured youth, whereas Gil is vying for attention in a top 4 squad under a manager who has notoriously short shrift for waiting around for players to develop.

18. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Lamela only had one excellent season with Roma, his other was similar to Gil’s at Eibar.

I agree Gil’s a project player, I’ve said that from the start, same applies to Sarr. We signed both because they are/ were two of the biggest prospects in Europe but they’ll need time. If we can’t give them enough here this season then we need to find good loans, Gil’s being linked with another Spanish one, I’d rather we tried getting him one at a good footballing side over here, whether it be Prem or Championship, same goes for Sarr. They won’t adapt to English football if they don’t play enough of it.

19. KingHotspur

I agree, I don’t think loaning him to a Spanish side would be useful.

Bryan Gil to Fulham would be a good loan.

Dier Hard and The Changing Man like this.
  20. Alfie Conn

Alfie Conn Well-Known Member

I've seen articles linking us to Benjamin Sesko and Memphis Depay both for £20 million , my choice would be Sesko ,youth on his side and the kid looks to have a future opposed to Depay who looks to be on his way down