1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours transfer thread fact and fiction

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Feb 1, 2017.

1. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

**** Off Ndombele Watch

2. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

And finally Amrabat’s name is picking up more traction from more credible sources including Dan KP.

Whilst I’ve never really watched him, Amrabat basically seems like a Moroccan Hojbjerg, a combative player with the ability to occasionally get the ball forward but lacks any genuine creativity… so basically not the type of midfielder we need.

Also worth mentioning he’s only played just over 200 mins this season for Fiorentina as he’s lost his place in their XI.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  3. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Traore, Amrabat and Tanner.

A backup choice to Lamptey
    Another Hojbjerg-esque type when we need a creator
    And a player who hates Tottenham, has mocked Kane and is currently levels below in development from a player we just sold.

What a window, lol.

4. humanbeingincroydon

Looks like Man Utd have some spring cleaning to do, then...

please log in to view this image

5. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

Bloated but only have 1 striker and severe lack of creativity

6. humanbeingincroydon

To me he seems more like a Huddlestone, given he sits deep and pings balls over the top to feet

Technically that's something our midfield doesn't have, or to be more accurate didn't have until Winksy started pinging balls over the top when we finally had a manager who realises he isn't a DM...

There's also another way to look at this: since Kessie isn't budging this month, we're looking at a short-term stopgap, and that's where Amrabat fits in - although try telling that the the Lunatic Fringe

Bunch of ****ing children

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  7. humanbeingincroydon

Kessie Watch
    Milan have signed Marko Lazetic

Why is this important? Simply put, signing Lazetic means they have used up all their Non-EU spots in their team, which would also put the kibosh on them loaning in Tanganga - although this issue can be resolved if, you know, they send a Non-EU player our way if we promise to let them have Tanganga for a bit

8. humanbeingincroydon

Looks like Amrabat's a goer

9. KingHotspur

What a brilliant window this is gonna be.

Not got rid of any of the dross which will affect signings in the summer (one in, one out policy)

Linked with bang average players like Traore and now Amrabat.

Does this club really have ambitions to win things or return to the CL?

10. humanbeingincroydon

So we're whining about not signing players, and we're whining when we're linked with players

Standard transfer window then...

11. Allledleykingsmen

Allledleykingsmen Well-Known Member

I've posted on here that I'm actually an advocate of signing Traore . Yes we know his end product is poor but I see a player who frightens teams to death and stretches them and he will be playing alongside higher level players at Spurs than at Wolves with Kane, Son and Lucas and also a better manager
    In Conte to get the best out of him.

The potential Amrabat signing is totally uninspiring. From what I've seen and read he is another PEH. Industrious but limited technically and will surely be back up for the rest of the season.

We totally understand January is a difficult window to do business in as the top players won't want to lose there top players (kessie, Mcennie) but why can't we just give White or Nile john a chance instead ?

If Amrabat signs surely it's short term until we can try and sign a high profile CM in the summer.

We play three at the back and only have 4 players Conte trusts there ( Romero, Dier, Davies and Sanchez) and three attackers with only four options (Lucas, Kane, Son and Bergwijn)

5 days to go and its a shambles. We WONT get top four unless we improve this squad........ not a chance.

KingHotspur likes this.
  12. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Younger brother of the former Watford winger Nordin Amrabat, if anyone's wondering why the name's familiar.
    Both Dutch-born Moroccan internationals who played for the Netherlands at youth level.
    Sofyan is in the squad to face Malawi later today at the AFCON.

13. KingHotspur

Adama Traore and Sofyan Amrabat. Are you really excited by those two?

Do you genuinely think they can make the difference?

Where’s the striker for when Kane gets his inevitable ankle injury?

Where’s the CB that is so desperately needed?

Why haven’t any senior players not in Conte’s plans been sold or even loaned out yet?

14. humanbeingincroydon

So let's see if I've got this straight: when Levy pulled the plug on signing Traore for £50m in the summer we're supposed to be furious at how our club is run, yet when we look set to sign him for £20m in January we're supposed to be furious at how the club is run?

So which is it, were we wrong to not sign him in the summer or are we wrong to sign him in January?

crackerman jack and vimhawk like this.
  15. KingHotspur

I didn’t want Traore in the summer and don’t want him now. I’m not arsed about him ‘only’ costing half of what they wanted in the summer.

I want to see exciting creative players that can make the difference signed. I don’t believe Traore or a basic midfielder like Amrabat do anything to help Spurs in the chase for top 4.

16. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Conte ball needs a player who can and will ping the ball to the wingers from midfield or deeper.

We need someone who prides himself on doing this instead of something in his locker that he pulls out twice a season.

Is Amrabat that man?

As for short term signing…that’s my one red flag. How limited must he be if he is short term…short term disaster like Nuno was a short term managerial appointment. What of him next season?

sounds all arse over tit to me and a classic waste of money Levy style

17. PowerSpurs

PowerSpurs Well-Known Member

Not the only one, I imagine

18. humanbeingincroydon

What about players that Conte has (supposedly) identified as players he wants, which is what Traore (supposedly) is?

As I said a page or so ago, I would have preferred Kulusevski as a winger as he's more creative - but if the plan is for Traore to be a RWB that makes the conversation very different as that adds some pace down that flank

As for Amrabat, if he's a stopgap before Kessie arrives in the summer it's hardly the issue, considering the main issue with our CMs at the moment is they all play the same sort of short, quick passes that means we're less direct - but as Arabat pings the ball long from deep that does add a different dimension to our play while also not leaving us shorthanded when Ndombele and Lo Celso leave, because if the options are hope Winks, Skipp and Hojbjerg don't get crocked by the end of the season or adding an extra player to share the load, the second option is always preferable

19. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Fiorentina read my posts, apparently, as they've bid €14m + €2m in add-ons for him.
    He's up to 27 goals and 8 assists in 31 matches now.

20. KingHotspur

Traore has been linked since the summer, there’s no way he’s Conte’s first choice. Yeah he’s fast and strong but as an actual footballer, he doesn’t cut it. Defensively he’s not all that either.

Amrabat again, cheap option and a very limited player, from what I’ve read, he sounds exactly like PEH and that’s not what Spurs need imo.