1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours transfer thread fact and fiction

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Feb 1, 2017.

1. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

At this point, it's been clear for a while that it's 1 out/1 in. So, let's get some players out during a window where only the desperate tend to go shopping...so that we can join them.

2. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I’m just glad we’re trying to get him out. Bigger waste than Ndombele and that takes some doing. Been absolutely shocking for us, at least the fat Frenchman provided one or two bits of quality, albeit very sparse.

3. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Some reports saying we’re looking at a swap deal with Lo Celso but not saying with who. Miguel Delaney says Conte’s grown tired of him - haven’t we all!

Other reports are saying Sevilla are interested in him but nothing about a swap for any of their players.

Milan back in talks for Tanganga, we want loan to buy, they want just loan apparently.

Also other reports saying Conte’s putting real pressure on the board to make some signings.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
  4. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

The grim reaper speaks

5. Citizen Kane.

Citizen Kane. Well-Known Member

I disagree. Lo Celso looked very good in his first season, particularly the months leading up to the first lockdown. He fought, scrapped and drove us forward on more than one occasion, especially after we lost Kane and then Son. He was excellent in the NLD when football resumed.

I have no idea what happened but my guess is a series of injuries and periods out of the side have broken him. He visibly pulls out of challenges now, seemingly scared of suffering another injury. The trouble is, Conte's midfield is all-action by design. It is built to win the ball back quickly and move it on even quicker. Tenacity and grit are key ingredients and it is precisely those that Lo Celso and Ndombele do not possess, which is why there is no place for them in the team.

6. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

7 days (the family meal on the night before is the biggie for the CNY) .

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  7. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

He was good in the final stretch of games, he certainly didn’t have a very good first season overall though. He ended it on a high and gave hope, that hope quickly diminished.

8. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0136-giggl

Lovearsenalcock and Dier Hard like this.
  9. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Sean Walsh is saying both Wijnaldum and Draxler would both be open in swap loans for Ndombele.

Dan KP has hinted that talks are ongoing between Spurs and PSG and one of the things being discussed is what percentage of Ndombele’s £200k wage PSG will pay… Pay it all you ****s, not like you’re hard up, take some of it out of Poch’s pay if you have too anyway, the man’s the reason we’ve been lumbered with this lump.

10. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Perhaps we ought to withdraw you from the negotiating team dealing with PSG.

11. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t be surprised if Daniel’s keeping the wallet firmly closed based on the signings we’ve already made under Paratici. Other than Romero, they’ve all failed to make any sort of impact. Combine that with January being a very difficult month anyway, and it’s a recipe for Conte to be left with very little until the summer. At which point it may be too late.

12. Shuckspurs

Shuckspurs Active Member

Levy needs to give Conte a couple of players. Lets look at the state of play, the top 3 are head and shoulders above the rest. competition for that 4th place looks small. United look miles off, West Ham do not have the depth to compete. That leaves us and Arsenal, I think as it stands we are better than Arsenal but a couple of decent additions puts us in the driving seat for top 4.

13. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I think I’d be really good.

First of all I’d give Poch a kiss on the cheek and thank him for all the memories he gave me during his years but then after that, straight smack around the face whilst asking him what made him possess the need to go for Ndombele and have us chase him for a whole year then pay the guy an obscene amount of money. After that, I’d probably threaten to smack him again if he don’t agree to pay all of Ndombele’s wages. Paratici, Levy, Leonardo and Al-Khelaifi will all be too afraid to intervene and will just silently agree to my terms.

Job done. DH for DoF.

14. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Let's start with the 40% of that figure which we aren't paying him, as numerous sources have stated for the past two years...

As for the player swap, Wijnaldum probably makes the most sense given we're potentially going to be short of numbers in CM and need to bump that up in case Harvey White is suddenly getting a run of games when somebody clatters Skippy, and it has to be said that Draxler has mainly played as a LW in the past 2-3 seasons, and we already have something like eight of those in the squad

15. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

We are paying him £200k a week. Not sure why you keep contesting that.

Diego likes this.
  16. humanbeingincroydon

17. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

18. humanbeingincroydon

19. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Yes, we are.

Dan KP, those at The Athletic, Spotrac - which is generally the top hit on Google when searching for team's wages - amongst numerous others mention Ndombele's wage is £200k a week. I'm more inclined to believe them than more obscure sources, including one from a computer game.

20. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

There is a lesson there on getting information from the net, which we all do now. You have to be very careful with the source of the info and it's very easy to overlook this stage especially if the info agrees with your favoured position.

Diego and KingHotspur like this.