Transfer Rumours transfer thread fact and fiction

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

You would pay them that much <yikes>

yossarian and Rebelspur like this.
  2. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Other Bundesliga Rando Watch
    Jeunes Football report that we're scouting G Fuel Vienna striker Roko Simic, who has scored 7 goals in 10 games on loan at FC Liefering in the Austrian second tier this season and is already lazily being called a Croatian Erling Braut Haaland, not just for his scoring rate but also because he's a second generation player due to being Dario Simic's son

In other words, either he gets loaded on the conveyor belt for Leipzig in the next 18 months, or we'll have to act soon because at present he isn't signed with a complete smeghead agent

For context, Karim Adeyemi had a couple of Lieferling loans between 2018-20 and has scored 8 in 10 this season for the Taurine Empire as well as picked up his first few Germany caps

3. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

FC Liefering are the depressing end product of the City/RB franchise model.
    Anyone understandably out of the loop probably hasn't heard of them.
    They're Salzburg's feeder/loan club. That's right, the feeder club of a feeder club.

Adeyemi's being linked with Dortmund as a Haaland replacement.
    Not sure he's the same kind of player, but it would be a fairly typical Dortmund signing.

4. humanbeingincroydon

Kessie Watch
    La Repubblica report that Inter are showing an interest in Franck Kessie as his contract continues to tick down

Looks like Paratici has found which of Milan's buttons to press if we're considering a January move...

5. audrey.s.thackeray

audrey.s.thackeray Well-Known Member

I have for some time harboured a secret wish that we would sign Fabian Schärr from Newcastle.
    And now recently I've added a further couple of wishes. Could we somehow entice that nice young man who's just made his mark in the Man City first team, Cole Palmer, to come our way? And could we persuade his former fellow City-slicker Paul Lake to put his injury problems, age, and official retirement to one side, and turn out for us - maybe just once?
    Just think of it! Then we could boast not only Sonny & Schärr, but Emerson, Lake & Palmer as well!!!!! We'd realluy be rockin' yhen, dontcha think?!!
    [Sorry - just a bit of silly fun - had to share it so I didn't forrget it!]

6. humanbeingincroydon

Serie A Rando Watch
    Tutto Mercato are linking us with Roma's 20 year old DM Ebrima Darboe, who has broken into the team this season and by complete coincidence has eighteen months left on his contract

Moving on...

Ligue 1 Not So Rando Watch
    Lille president Olivier Letang has said that, if the club receive a suitable offer in January, they will let Renato Sanches leave

Jupiler League Rando Watch
    The Daily Wail are linking us with Genk's 27 year old Nigerian striker Paul Onuachu, who is reportedly available for £20m after a ludicrously prolific season where he scored 33 goals in 28 league games, and given he's 6'7" he does fit in as a way to change things up off the bench

7. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Up being the key word.

8. Left on the Shelf

Left on the Shelf Well-Known Member

I guess you want Gabriel to join us from Arsenal, too? <laugh>

audrey.s.thackeray and Diego like this.
  9. humanbeingincroydon

As mentioned in the match thread, there's talk of a January loan to Bournemouth for Jack Clarke

10. humanbeingincroydon

Just a reminder...
    Gareth Bale
    Sam Johnstone
    James Tarkowski
    Jesse Lingard
    Eddie Nketiah
    Sean Longstaff
    Jack Stephens
    Todd Cantwell
    Matt Grimes

Are all available for nothing next summer and all count as HG, and by the looks of things we probably need to sign at least two of 'em...

11. Dier Hard

Dier Hard it's SPURS

Bale an absolute no brainer if he wanted to return... again.
    Johnstone, Lingard, Cantwell and Tarkowski all also welcome, albeit would depend on departures for some.

12. humanbeingincroydon

Johnstone as backup is certainly a no brainer for me, especially if we don't take up the option on Gollini

Nketiah might be useful for non-banter reasons as we do need a Defoe-like striker in reserve, but signing him would effectively mean that we don't think Parrott or Scarlett are ready to pick up the slack in low priority matches

Of course, the obvious thing is if Dele is moved on we do need a HG player to fill the gap in the squad, so if we can do that quickly without paying English Tax that would certainly go a long way to balancing our squad somewhat

13. Dier Hard

Dier Hard it's SPURS

Johnstone just makes a lot of sense, especially if we don't sign Gollini permanently, which it has to be said is looking doubtful at the moment.

Nketiah isn't rated by Arsenal fans one bit so I wouldn't put him too high up the list of second striker targets.

Dele going should be a priority, replacing him can come in due course and doesn't need to be a quick panic thing just because he's HG. We could've easily not selected him yesterday and likely been stronger for it, Lo Celso in the ten with White/ John/ one of the Craig's sitting deep with Winks would've given us better balance in midfield (yes, as I said last night I genuinely think Dele's worse than Winks now... it's that bad). Whilst Lo Celso is no great player himself, Scarlett probably would've had a better chance at getting the ball from him than he did Dele all night. Sooner we bin the guy the better, not only is he shockingly bad he's also adversely affecting Lo Celso's chances of impressing by not being allowed to play in his preferred role. Jose got a lot **** wrong but banishing Dele for the most part and trying to sell him was certainly not one of them.

14. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

Not sure why everyone’s dragging Gollini, sure the goal yesterday was a little disappointing but it came through a bit of a crowd and he’d be far from the first GK to be caught out by that. Backup GK is a very difficult position to play and it’s difficult to get a sense of his true ability when he’s not getting regular games behind a sensible team.

I agree with a lot of what you say though, Johnstone would be a sensible pickup if we decide that Gollini isn’t going to be worth it and/or if we decide that Austin and Whiteman need games elsewhere. With Hugo potentially leaving soon we need to plan for it properly.

The likes of Cantwell (didn’t realise he was going to be on a free) or J-Lingz would be sensible HG pickups to replace Dele. I think last night was the final nail in his coffin, for me. To be so completely anonymous against that level of opposition is unforgivable.

15. Dier Hard

Dier Hard it's SPURS

I've just not been convinced. I've already said playing sporadically never helps but some of his decision making worries me, especially when the ball's at his feet. Keeps it for far too long then either misplaces a pass or just punts it to nowhere. In terms of shot stopping he's not bad but he's not "holy ****, how'd he save that?!" either.

As most know I've been done with Dele for years. I don't know why the club have persisted with him for so long, nor why some fans still think he'll come good - albeit I think that's now down to a very, very small section, if at all. Spurs still peddle him on social media too which really irks me, even during the game they posted him on Insta and let's just say the replies weren't a surprise. Overload the pages with Son, Kane, Hugo, Skipp, Hojbjerg, Reguilon... Not that useless prick.

16. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

It remains to be seen if he can replace Hugo as 1st choice, who all things considered has been a phenomenal GK and is still very, very good. They’re big shoes to fill. I agree that I’m not sure that Gollini is more than decent yet, but it’s hard to tell with such a small sample size.

Dele is done here, IMO. Needs to move on for his own good and ours.

17. Dier Hard

Dier Hard it's SPURS

He hit a very poor period for about 18 months but other than that he really has been world class and his form since 2020 hasn't been too far off of his first six or so years for us, back then I had him at around third best keeper in the world, typically though just like Modric he never got the recognition he deserved being a Tottenham player. Offering him a new deal - and ensuring a testimonial is on the cards - should be high up on the club's priorities.

Dele going is especially good for us. Like I said to HBIC, he's not only costing us with poor performances but he's also costing Lo Celso's chance to impress by occupying his preferred spot whilst also exacerbating Scarlett's struggles. It's a huge fall from grace from a guy that at one point would've been worth around £100m but he's becoming poisonous to the team's fortunes.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  18. audrey.s.thackeray

audrey.s.thackeray Well-Known Member

only if we can get James Collins (Cardiff) as a back-up striker at the same time!
    Could be the genesis of a new line-up. I think people would womad - er, sorry - go mad at the prospect!

19. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Bit of a niche joke, but I know what I like. Just off to Foxtrot to the Politics thread to complain about the Govt Selling England by the Pound.

20. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Truthfully, I can not see why any of them would join us over the other teams that'll want them.