1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours transfer thread fact and fiction

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Feb 1, 2017.

1. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

*Additional tubes of Pringles

remembercolinlee likes this.
  2. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I have a feeling Dele’s PSG loan isn’t gonna happen now. Initially though it was gonna go to the wire based on us getting Eriksen in loan but the Dane apparently put in a MOTM performance last night and knocked in a great free kick that caused an own goal, so having scored a last minute winner in the Milan derby the game before and now turning up last night, it looks like Conte’s finally realised the guy’s a lot better than just 2 minutes off the bench. Their CEO apparently said he’s an important player too, despite other members of their hierarchy previously saying they were looking to let him go.

So unless a really late deal becomes available, I think Dele's still gonna be a Spurs player by the end of the window. Could prove to be the final kick up the arse he’s needed providing he gets a chance, will be interesting to see.

3. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Khedira’s set to join Hertha Berlin. Was very briefly linked with us (Hojbjerg competition) but mainly with Everton during the window.

4. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

At this point, I doubt that Levy's backing Mourinho's decision making as he might have done a year or even 3 months ago. With Mourinho in charge, Dele doesn't have a future at Spurs. If we actually start to attack, that could very well change. The smart move is to fail to ship him out, in the same way Ndombele wasn't hurried out the door, as Mourinho wanted.

I'd be very surprised to see him leave, given that we've got next to zero chance of getting in a HG replacement.

5. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

If we’re to believe most reports, Levy definitely doesn’t wanna lose Dele so there’s likely a conflict of interest.

Personally, I’m not overly arsed if Dele stays or goes, whilst he’s not had much of a chance this season he’s been woeful for the most part over the last 2 or so years and I don’t think he can play well enough without a proper advanced playmaker like Eriksen. He hasn’t ever really played great for England either and I think that’s also because England haven’t had one either (until recently with Grealish/ Foden now in the fold, ironically who are in over Dele).

He’s a bit of an enigma. You know there’s a top player in there but I feel like you need everything right for him to be great, in terms of system and particular personnel, he isn’t adaptable enough. Someone like Kane however could likely play in any team and still excel. Tanguy probably can too, fitness issues aside.

If he does stay, there might be chances for him in the second half of the season if Jose is willing to give him a final shot because with Lo Celso’s constant injuries and the fact all other attacking players other than Son and Kane being turd, it’d look stupid if they keep getting in the side and Dele has had his fair crack. Because whilst I no longer have much faith in him, I have far less faith in Winks who’s been selected over Dele to unnecessary over stack our CM, as well as Lucas, Lamela and Bergwijn too and whilst they’re primarily wide attackers there can still be a way to fit Dele in over them.

6. Citizen Kane.

Citizen Kane. Well-Known Member

Surely the smart move is to ship him out on loan? Ideally to play at a high level and if possible under a manager who has previously got the best out of him?

A player of Dele's quality sitting around never playing is a lose-lose. If he goes out on loan and excels, his value will increase exponentially for a permanent transfer in the summer. And if, we hope, Jose isn't around come the summer, the next manager will receive an in-form Dele to integrate into his core group. And if he goes on loan and spends more time at Neymar's house parties, it'll hardly affect his sell-on value as currently it is pretty much rock-bottom.

7. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

I would guess that it depends upon the length of time Mourinho might have and how long Kane's out for.

If Mourinho's here for the season, then loan him out. If we're looking for a managerial replacement already...

8. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Dan Kilpatrick just RT’d this so I reckon it’s credible. The Poch era is now definitely over! Lol.

9. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Apparently West Brom want Tanganga on loan.

If he’s gonna keep being fed scraps then I think it’d be a good idea to allow him to go. I’d rather he plays here over Dier/ Sanchez etc to be honest, as well as Doherty on the right too but I just don’t see it happening.

10. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly, i want him in the team, but if we are not going to give him game time then going out and playing must be a good idea.

Dier Hard likes this.

11. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Cant get rid of everyone who isn’t playing every week or we won’t have a squad

12. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Now confirmed:

13. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They've found an alternative to hiring a new manager every month. Now they can just sign players named after them.

14. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

While I think it would be good for Dele to go off on loan and play, I think with Gio’s injury situation it was always unlikely that Jose would want it to happen. We’re one bad tackle on Tanguy from Dele starting every game for the foreseeable future.

15. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Sell Gio as soon as he is fit

think he’s a bit of a sick note and nowhere near good enough to warrant a place in the squad if he makes a regular habit of it

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    Alfie Conn likes this.
  16. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

Seen a rumour that Gedson to Galatasaray is a done deal. No idea whether that’s legit or not though.

17. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I think that’s why the Dele deal is dependent on Eriksen (or another) coming in. Gio’s been a real let down if truth be told, very good player on his day but not seen enough of it so far which obviously haven’t been helped by his constant injuries. Be great if he can finish this season like he did last though when he’s back, we could really do with it.

18. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

There was speculation a couple days ago that he wasn’t in England due to his Insta story so I think it’s likely he’ll be off, whether it ends up being Gala or Torino, both have been linked this window.

19. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

Eriksen ain’t happening though for any number of reasons. He looks like he might have turned a corner at Inter and the whole non-HG thing is a barrier as well.

It’s a real shame about Gio, he’s got all the qualities I love in a player. These injuries have really plagued him though and if he can’t knock them on the head soon then it might be time to cut our losses. I’d be gutted if it happens though, think he’s class.

20. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Yeah Conte's finally realised what a baller he can be so he ain't coming in now. The non-HG thing wouldn't have been an issue if we tried flogging any of Lamela, Toby or Sanchez amongst others this window but looks like the club's happy keeping its deadwood.

I wouldn't say I'd be overly gutted if Gio left, as good as I think he is/ can be, in 18 months we've probably had about 2-3 good months from him so it won't feel like a huge loss to me.