1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours transfer thread fact and fiction

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Feb 1, 2017.

1. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

There's rumours that Bournemouth are making a bid to sign CCV on a permanent this month

Considering he didn't play a single minute until their FA Cup game a couple of weeks ago, and played his first league game for them at the weekend, I'm guessing he made quite an impression in those 180 minutes

2. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Sounds like we want either a sale or a loan with obligation to buy Dele for €50m from
    PSG. With Poch boss now I can definitely see this one happening. Will probably be the big deadline day move I reckon.

Eriksen rumours keep appearing and now join with the Dele news as him being the guy we want to replace Dele with. So it’s, “out with the old, in with the old”, I guess?

If Eriksen does join though, someone in the Europa squad will have to drop out. I’d presume Sanchez or Lamela would be the likely casualties.

Must admit I’m quite surprised we haven’t had any departures yet. Over half way through the window and I thought at least one, possibly two may have gone by now, namely Rose and Gazzaniga.

3. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

who wants to buy them tho?

seriously can’t be easy shifting that kind of talent.

Gazza is decent but very average...played well in parts but over a long run of games is quite average imo

Eriksen coming back....hmmm...we need what he can bring...but is he that man anymore? Does he want to prove a point? I dunno...never appreciated his manic depressive demeanour.

4. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Was Eriksen "that man" for months before he left, has he been "that man" in Italy?
    The guy is done, sad but has to be accepted.
    Dele may have got you 50m Euros 2/3 years ago (or at least close to it) but now, with his "form" and COVID i really doubt it.
    If you want to move players on you have to be realistic about the price because you will expect others to when buying from them.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  5. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I think Gazza’s a decent keeper to be fair and I’d rather he was second choice than Hart. He’s probably better than one or two keepers in the Prem and he’d surely be good enough for a decent Championship side or a team in Europe.

Thought Rose would’ve had some interest at least, whether a bottom half Prem side or somewhere in Europe - just not Milan <laugh>

As for Eriksen, risky one but I’d take it at the moment considering our creative deficiency. Loan makes perfect sense too. I thought he was a pretty chilled out bloke to be honest, just a normal guy that enjoys football and never really wanted too much attention. Think in that regards he’s similar to Kane/ Davies/ Hojbjerg etc.

6. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

I’ll take that on board Diego

7. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

<laugh>
    Good man, never get ripped off fella <ok>

8. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

That goes for the players and agents too. If we are talking specifically about Rose and Gazzaniga they appear to be very different characters.

Rose probably has an even greater inflated view of his value than Levy does, I think he is a player who has often been badly advised and I wouldn't been surprised if even now he is holding out for some sort of 'loyalty' bonus before agreeing to move on. I was surprised that we didn't pay him off when the summer window closed, but with him not even being included in any squads he has effectively already left and has no impact on any other we business we do.

Gazza is a different kettle of fish, I don't know how much he earns, but this is likely to be the biggest contract of his career and as such I don't think he will that bothered about moving on unless someone gets at least close to matching what we pay him, its a shame, but that's the modern day footballer. And I am not saying that he lacks motivation or ambition but he is maximising is earnings so he may go out on loan but its my guess that he will still be with us in Feb. I like him he is the best goalkeeper I have ever seen play for Gillingham by some distance and I agree with DH that he could do a job for plenty of teams, but just don't see him moving until his contract is up.

Diego likes this.
  9. humanbeingincroydon

Exodus Watch
    Turkish sources

...sigh...

...report that Trabzonspor have made an approach for Danny Rose

Lower League Rando Watch
    Alasdair Gold claims that we're looking to sign Wigan's 19-year old Scottish striker Kyle Joseph, while sources on Wigan's side of the fence seem to back this up

It's also worth noting we offered around £150k for Joseph last summer at around the same time we signed Alfie Devine, and with Joseph's contract ticking down into its last six months we're understandable not very popular with Wigan fans right now

On the one hand it does mean that, a few years from now, we could have a glut of HG strikers in Parrott, Joseph, Etete and Scarlett to choose from who were either signed for peanuts or, in Scarlett's case, came through the academy - although the fact that Joseph is older than the other three, and as he has League One experience this season is also coming from a higher level than Parrott or Etete were when they were signed, it does seem a somewhat odd choice, especially as Celtic and Sheffield United are also sniffing around

10. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Gazzaniga could easily move to another Premier League club, in my opinion.
    He's good enough to start for some of the lower sides or as 2nd choice at some of the better teams.
    Either of the Merseysiders, who were linked with him, would benefit from him as backup, I think.

Eriksen's suffering from the same thing that's seen a lot of players in his role drop off.
    The position itself has gone out of fashion.
    A loan to PSG wouldn't shock me, especially if Levy tells them to **** off over Alli.

11. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

I wonder if it’s to do with the changing rules about signing non-UK youth players that are coming into effect after Brexit. Good young UK players will be at even more of a premium soon so as much as it’s a bit predatory to take advantage of Wigan’s situation, it could be good planning for the club.

12. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Wigan were going good things with their academy set-up, but their overall finances killed it.
    Joseph's from Barnet though, so we're just returning him to his roots. <whistle>

13. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Trabzon seem to keep being linked with Rose by various sources but it never seems to come to much fruition. Hopefully this 87th consecutive rumour is true, Turkey would likely be good for him I reckon.

14. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Couple years time when teams are in need of a HG striker and we're sitting here with 18.

Levy:
    "Oh you want a striker?"
    "And you want a striker?"
    "You too? Wow"
    please log in to view this image

15. humanbeingincroydon

16. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Good-ish news. Surprised it's only a year's extension. He's a talented little player, hopefully a loan follows shortly now.

17. Citizen Kane.

Citizen Kane. Well-Known Member

I will not make an over-eating at xmas joke.

18. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Christmas cracker joke armistice ended nearly a week ago.
    Summary execution thereby follows ...

remembercolinlee likes this.
  19. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

They're currently playing a Brazilian left-back who's on loan from Fluminese and have a 20-year-old academy product as backup.
    They also have a couple of other English loans, in Lewis Baker from Chelsea and Benik Afobe from Stoke. Hmm...

20. humanbeingincroydon

Also, their home ground is literally called Medical Park, so he'll fit right in

PleaseNotPoll likes this.