1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer talks

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Victor, Aug 24, 2020.

1. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Thanks for that nev

I bet the fukurs for promotion

neveroffsidereff likes this.
  2. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

That’s you buggered then. :emoticon-0102-bigsm

55282 likes this.
  3. Victor

Victor Well-Known Member

Not too lmpressed with this ( Vic Gonk !!!!) bloke playing for Brighton. .... He was playing tonight against
    Man U. And was substituted early in the 2nd half. Think we should sign from lower league, would probably do better for us, wanting to prove himself.

TheRealBubbles likes this.
  4. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

During the pre match and early stages of the game the commentators were bigging him up , curse of the commentator I'm guessing

5. Victor

Victor Well-Known Member

Don't like being dragged out to the last minute, ...... they know a lot more than we are being told.
    The Fans are treated like idiots at times. ........... This bloody Giggs is getting on my nerves now, seems to me that he is still acting as a scout for Man U. Firstly it was James he recommended to United, now it seems he is doing the same thing with Joe Rodon. Why doesn't he concentrate on his job, and not interfere with our club.
    Remember he is from Cardiff. ............... As for the 3rd bloody kit, sod it. let's have a few bloody players
    to wear it first.
    Matthew, I thought that that player seemed very cumbersome last night, was he fit?

6. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Too be honest Victor watching the game last night , compared to the ladies on Sunday I enjoyed the ladies game much more , at least i watched that to the end , Utd v Brighton I watched the first 20 minutes , yawned a bit and turned over to watch Mrs Minerva on UK Gold but what I did see I wasn't too impressed with ( the game not Mrs Minerva) :wink:

TheRealBubbles, azzuriswan and Victor like this.
  7. neveroffsidereff

Swansea City has completed the signing of Brighton striker Viktor Gyokeres on a season-long loan, subject to international clearance.

The 22-year-old Sweden international becomes the Swans’ sixth summer signing in the wake of the captures of Korey Smith, Freddie Woodman, Morgan Gibbs-White, Marc Guehi and Jamal Lowe.

Gyokeres, who will wear the number 14 shirt, bolsters Steve Cooper’s attacking options and is available for Saturday’s Championship meeting with Millwall at the Liberty Stadium.

The Scandinavian has had a bright beginning to the new campaign - he started all three of Brighton’s Carabao Cup games - with the forward netting in the first-round win over Portsmouth.

Gyokeres spent last season on loan at St Pauli, where he scored seven goals in 26 appearances in the German second tier.

He first emerged through the youth systems at IFK Aspudden-Tellus and IF Brommapojkarna – the latter also playing a part in the development of another current Swan in Joel Asoro.

please log in to view this image

Gyokeres made his senior debut as a teenager in 2015, and his performances were enough to attract the interest of Premier League side Brighton, who announced his signing in September 2017.

The forward remained in his homeland as his goals helped IF Brommapojkarna secure promotion back to the top-flight, before making the move to the south coast of England in January 2018.

He started with the club’s under-23 side, and scored 11 goals in his first 12 appearances.

He has since made eight first-team appearances - four coming in the FA Cup with the other four being in the Carabao Cup – before his loan switch to St Pauli for the 2018-19 campaign.

Gyokeres has won two caps for his country, netting once in a draw with Iceland in 2019.

8. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Welcome to Swansea

YJB

Now score goals.

9. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

What's on the end of your stick Vik (I hope its some goals)
    20201002_194250.jpg

10. Victor

Victor Well-Known Member

Welcome, and I really hope you prove me wrong, and turn out to be a bit of a Star for us
    Vic Gonk, easy to remember. You Jack B......

11. neveroffsidereff

Rodon in talks with Spurs. **** off Jose!!

BREAKING NEWS

Could Jose Mourinho be about to land a defender?

Tottenham are in talks to sign Joe Rodon from Swansea City.

One source has told us an £18m deal is close to being agreed between the two clubs.

TheRealBubbles likes this.
  12. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

That’s why the return on loan of Carter-Vickers has been rumoured ....?

13. neveroffsidereff

Probably the sweetener in the deal. I bet he will come in on a year deal then with us having an option to buy.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  14. Taffvalerowdy

..... maybe Birch knows how much the Swans are prepared to let Rodon go for??

neveroffsidereff likes this.
  15. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I take it you rate him highly, then?
    How much do you think we should be paying for him and how low would a successful bid have to be to piss you off?

16. neveroffsidereff

The 18m is pissing me off. ;)

We have to be realistic that we’re a selling club and this is just a transfer to balance the books, or to send back to the good ol USA fir the grabbing bastards that own the club.

Anyway back on track, he is a quality player, missed a big chunk of last season, but has come storming back to forge the solid defence we have at the moment. Decent footballer he can play a bit, so will fit in well with Jose’s footballing ethos.

Can you get Jose to up the bid to 25m then I might not have to kick the cat tonight, just think of the cat!!!

17. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'll let Levy know. <ok> I'm sure you know what he's like already, though...

18. neveroffsidereff

Sadly I do. Now where’s that bloody cat!!

19. Taffvalerowdy

Personally, I think that anywhere north of £20m would be a done deal - perhaps it will be £18m plus CCV on loan: I suspect the Yanks would take that.

Cash is king to the Yanks....

20. Victor

Victor Well-Known Member

What a surprise, ............. The Yanks must be short of money again........ Spurs only value him at 7milion .

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    azzuriswan and Taffvalerowdy like this.