1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Bozz, Jun 17, 2011.

1. moreinjuredthanowen

The accusation is that fsg have done everything since their last major investment (kirkby) with a view to sale.

Complete 61k stadium "promise" or aka the minimum viable stadium size via short term debt on club itself. Zero exposure to fsg.

Throw extra contacts round including klopp and salah, all are based on handing over asset with "mvp" and head coach.

Build up a wsl presence by simply getting back in the old guy and throwing a relatively small amount at it

I'm very sure since covid/super league debacle they've seen trying to sell club and have pulled every long term thinking or fsg staff out

I'm very sure this massive tail off has caught them by surprise but they've absolutely zero interest in fixing that.

The reality is they are in dreamland, there's no buyer coming. Nobody is paying 4 billion or anything like it.

2. Zorba

Zorba Well-Known Member

We did borrow a spare but it wasn't in good nick.

saintKlopp likes this.
  3. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

I make it £74m? (CSE level 2 maths - **** that, tbf).

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  4. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

I patch them up or buy used tyres…..remind you of anyone? <whistle>

saintKlopp likes this.
  5. saintKlopp

Do you wait until they're bald and can't get a grip anymore?

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  6. saintKlopp

Speaking of not getting a grip, an awful lot of players seem to be slipping lately. Have they got some new, even more useless "improvement" to their carpet slippers?

7. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

course…makes the handling slow and clunky, if you know what I mean!

8. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

I have no idea how football clubs are valued but In the normal world, the valuation will be as a multiple of ebitda.

What that multiple is will depend on many things. Typically industrial type businesses are sold at a multipe of between 6 and 20. Tech companies are potentially much more…..and then there’s football clubs! For example, if Chelsea’s ebitda was £50m from a turnover of what? £600m, (it probably wasn’t), then a £3b valuation is a multiple of 60 <yikes>

so FSG have a vested interest in ensuring our ebitda is high if they are selling…..period

all this assume that foitball clubs are valued like other business so probably totally irrelevant <laugh>

9. Gerrardsitchyear

Gerrardsitchyear Well-Known Member

I think FSG have done a pretty good job over the years, they've built the new main stand, they're upgrading Annie Road, built a new training facility, they've bought players when we needed them (up until recently) and bought well overall. They've run the club efficiently, like a business, which is how it should be. In their time, we've won the league, won the CL (plus two more finals), FA cup, League cups, European Super and World club cups.

We'd not had that kind of success, for a long, long time and under Hicks and Gillette their was a chance of the whole club going under.

What's clouding many people's views is what the likes of City, Newcastle and Chelsea are doing which is either unethical, unsustainable or both. I honestly don't want to be run like those clubs, even if it did bring more trophies.

Are FSG and the team underperforming presently? Yes of course, but this is just one season after many great or good seasons. I think we can rebuild in the summer and compete again under FSG if they decide to stay.

10. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

Sort of linked to this - I noticed how often the ball is getting skied and wondered if they've introduced a new lightweight one. Either that or they've put magnets in the ball and the entire goalframe with the same poles and they're repelling each other.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023

11. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

<applause>

Gerrardsitchyear and Zanjinho like this.
  12. quinneristops

quinneristops Well-Known Member

The fans of City, Chelsea and Newcastle could not care less about ethics or much else other than winning. It is a sad fact that this is what we have to compete against and without significant funds, we can forget about the top four and Champions League for the foreseeable future

13. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Spot on mate, 100% agree <applause>

I've continuously maintained I don't want owners funding the club, I just want the club to operate within it's means and not see owners not taking money out.

If we fall behind the big spenders, so be it.

14. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

same here

15. Prince Knut

That was all supposedly incorporated in the sale price when they bought us - that's what they and RBS told the High Court anyway when H&G took them to court. As it happens, everything they've built and are building they have charged back to the club, even during the pandemic. During that time, the value of their asset has risen ten or twentyfold, depending on what starting figure you accept for what they paid for the club, and the valuation of the club now.

But yeah, their main testimony is that they're not as bad as Hicks and Gillette. I doff my cap to them and tug my forelock in unfettered appreciation. :emoticon-0111-blush

16. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

So H&G got screwed...? What's the problem?

17. Prince Knut

For them? None whatsoever. <rofl>

For us? Not too far shy of £200m taken out of the club to plump up FSG. Not so ROFL. :emoticon-0108-speec

18. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

Anthony Gordon's transfer to Newcastle now officially confirmed with his team photo revealed

please log in to view this image

19. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Gakpo Keita and Ox all added to the CL squad. Didn’t realise the later two weren’t included

20. moreinjuredthanowen

they were injured for groups.

the fact Arthur was dropped just reemphasises the utter waste of space he is.