1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours - Summer 2018

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by SaintsForTheWin, May 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

He'll have to overcome his apparent mental issue of playing in front of the SMS crowd to fully recover.

2. Saintharry13

Saintharry13 Well-Known Member

I’ll never forget when we played Brizzle City in the cup years ago with Guly through on goal one v one with the keeper.... he tripped himself over and the ball trickled to the keeper.

I miss his all round game....!!!

3. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

I loved Guly. The more I cheered for him the more the morons behind me berated him. At the beginning of every season I always hope they have moved seats but at the kick off there they are ready to jeer and boo the slightest error of Yoshi, Fraser or Redmond. I used to love making them cough and splutter with my SBD farts but these days the very lovely Mrs Godders:emoticon-0115-inlov makes me wear flatulence filtering underwear which means I fart but there is no stench.

Qwerty and The Ides of March like this.
  4. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

You could do what I do, and tell them what you think. I haven't been punched yet.

Libby likes this.
  5. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

The SMS crowd will have to overcome their apparent mental issues too.

6. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

Agreed

7. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Fate...where are you?

8. davecg69

davecg69 Well-Known Member

I thought Vestegaard wasn’t particularly good on Wednesday evening. We looked dodgy till Stephens came on and strengthened the defence up. I think we should start with Yoshida, Stephens and Bednarek personally. Should be interesting what line up Sparky selects today .......

9. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Dave, surely you’ve got to give Vestergaard more games to adjust and settle, before not playing him. He’s been bought in to be the leader back there and has had two pre-season friendlies at a new club.

10. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

Vestergaard has to start probably first 10 games to give him a fair shot at settling. I would have Hoedt and Yoshida with him in a back 3. Don’t like the idea of Bertrand there. I just don’t see why you would move one of the better left backs in the league out of position. Still not sold on Targett in the PL either, just don’t think he is quick enough to play wing back

11. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

There's going to be a few disappointed players this season once MH settles on his team....and they will be talented players who don't see themselves as back ups.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    manxsaint likes this.
  12. Brixham Saint

Brixham Saint Well-Known Member

The French RB apparently going to Napoli.

13. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

Hughes confirms it is unlikely for us to sign anybody. Big shame and a mistake i believe.

14. ......loading......

......loading...... 25 undefeated

We are definitely short of quality. Bad times.

15. davecg69

davecg69 Well-Known Member

Fair enough, but I saw little sign of “leadership” at the back and together with Hoedt, he looked like an accident waiting to happen. But, I’ll admit, that is purely my opinion and I’m hoping to be proven wrong.
    As for our new number 11, I cannot say I was impressed either - he looked totally out of his depth. I seriously hope they can do better next Sunday or we may be in for a long, long season ......
    The positives for me were Matty Targett, Gabby, Prowsey and Charlie's poaching ability.
    Sounds like we were taught a lesson today though - hope we learn from it!! COYS!!

16. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

I thought our defenders played the ball forward well today but they do need some time to work together though.

SaintsFan86 and SaintinNZ like this.
  17. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

Super. If that’s the case, the board have learnt nothing.

18. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Who’s be on a football Board. It was only a couple of weeks back that they were being praised. Now they’re ****ers again <laugh>

We still have too many players and I suspect that not being able to shift some we thought we could, is a big issue.

Dell1964 and Velcro Roy like this.
  19. st_brendy

st_brendy Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Whilst I don't disagree with you, I also don't think we should be surprised.

Firstly, because of the transfer windows which have already gone by. Their incompetence has became quite obvious a long time before now.

Secondly, because of how much of this window has already passed. You don't wait until the very end to deal with that you perceive to the be the post critical areas of your side.

I'm don't want it to sound like I'm having a go at Hughes, because I am absolutely not, but for me the biggest problem with appointing him permanently is that we were doing him a favour as much as he was doing us one. His stock was low after Stoke. Beggars can't be choosers, and all that. Whereas it's pretty clear that Pellegrini only agreed to join West Ham if they really went out to improve their squad (they are just about to break the £100m barrier this summer!), Hughes I think is just thankful to still be a PL manager, and is willing to work with whatever the board give him. I might be wrong, but that's my take on things.

The board have seemingly done some really good work for us this summer. But I did always caveat that by saying it would all be undone if they didn't also address our offensive issues.

20. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Is the season over already? That was quick.

Onionman and thereisonlyoneno7 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.