1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours for Jan 2023

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Loveitupthebush, Dec 13, 2022.

1. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Reading too much into that Col.

I was trying to say ...it is a daft plan for anyone...I believe Chelsea have two of these in place ( but loop hole has now been closed by FIFA/ UEFA anyhow.).

Both players are involved in a car crash tomorrow...and the club will be paying 100million off over the next 7 years..13 million a year for nothing.

A little like Cardiff are still paying for Sala.

There are risks and risks.

Like not throwing money at this window, as we are not in a good position to be promoted....but keeping money and spending big in the summer. Happy with that risk...How about you

2. Hoop-Leif

Hoop-Leif Well-Known Member

If only we had this to look forward to.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  3. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Well if they’re changing the FFP rules to suit the ‘massive’ clubs there will be even less chance in the future of a Leicester, Brentford or Foolham in the future.

And the smaller clubs will only get smaller. New fans mostly come from seeing successful and fashionable clubs on the up or on high. The smaller budget clubs will never be in that genre, and just struggle along begging for a ‘lucky season’ that might see them get promotion only to go right back down and struggle with losing their best players and finances in turmoil (wondering if that success was worth it).

You certainly need a savvy team of directors, coaches, players and scouts all working at their best at the same time to even get that ‘lucky season’.

It all seems pretty depressing.

Perhaps the EFL should be thinking more on how they can raise the income streams for their clubs rather than trying to screw it all up.

Didley Squat and qprbeth like this.
  4. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

We'll need to agree to differ Beth.

5. deano58

deano58 Well-Known Member

The risk for the scum is minimal,as they have very wealthy owners so have cleverly found a loophole to circumnavigate FFP,which will be shut asap..if it went tits up for the players on long term contracts they could easily pay up their wages..they're Owners were obviously crafty and savvy,unlike our nieve lot.
    League 1 players,league 1 mindset ,league 1 budget and soon a att
    "Spending big in the summer" no chance! FFP will be rolled out yet again and will be for years to come..its just a slow lingering torture we have to endure

6. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Our form in terms of points since Beale didnt go to Wolves, months now, is Relegation form, even though recently we have often played well. Relegation is one hell of a financial risk to take when everyone and his auntie knows we are short of a striker or 2, back up backs and central defenders. Obviously the people who own and run the Club know it too, but couldn't bring in anyone other than Lowe. While work on the new Training Center continues (outside of P&S), evidently we have some funding still hopefully, but are looking I guess at a real and imminent danger of breaching the P&S rules.

7. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Recently we haven't played well at all, unless you class passing back to Dieng at every possible opportunity, playing well.

Didley Squat likes this.
  8. Hammersmith bookie

Hammersmith bookie Well-Known Member

You don't honestly think we'll spend big on the summer do you Beth ? The most we spend these days is about 2-3 mill with anyone else a loan. We aren't miles off the play offs, and with tge right additions could've possibly had a go at getting back into the top 6. Where were Forest last season when Cooper started their revival ? Alot worse position than us, and look how many players their owner brought in to have a real go at achieving it. As they say, nothing is impossible if you care to dream ! Trouble is our owners are giving us nightmares instead.

9. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

If and when Forest get relegated they'll be as ****ed as we are.

How can people not get into their heads that we tried this **** once, failed, and can't do it again?

Harry ****ing Redknapp!

10. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

To use the words, 'spend big' and QPR in the same sentence is a total contradiction.
    As you were ...............

11. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

Spend big...sorry what I meant was.....spend.

And Hammersmith, we are not the same as Forest last year.
    They had an awful start, and as you say...adrift at bottom. Cooper came in...and through the autumn they steadied but then they started an amazing run...and by the end of the season were the best team in the division.

We started the season under Beale and we played some excellent football, we are on the opposite run, 1 win in 13...an addition of a couple of players is not going to turn it round....

The winter window is not the place to get good players at good prices. It is a gamble not worth taking.

The board backed Beale with money...and 4 loans ( from PL teams) and players like Paal, Balogan, ClarkSalter cost money. ( 7 potential first teamers).

Basically Beale bought in more than half a team ...and then dumped them, and screwed up the plan the board bought into.

I think everyone at the club is pretty p1ssed off

12. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

I thought Clarke-salter and Paal were both free transfers?

13. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

They are but we pay their salaries..and I understand neither are cheap... and we are contracted to pay them for a few more years.

All adds up to the large loss we make each week, that the owners are bankrolling

14. Yorkshire-Rs

Yorkshire-Rs Well-Known Member

Thought Balogen was as well ,wasn't he released by Rangers?

15. Yorkshire-Rs

Yorkshire-Rs Well-Known Member

Aren't we talking about professionals Beth? I recently got a new manager I didn't throw my dummy out and refuse to try.

WBA2_QPR3, rangercol and kiwiqpr like this.
  16. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

They are free...but we still pay their wages.
    It's not the transfers that cost the money...its the wages...which is why loans are on the whole....very very draining

So according to transfer market... all 3 (Paal, Balogen, CS) at the top of our pay cap. Paal and CS wouldn't have come without good wages. Balogen was more in limbo, but probably was waiting for Beale to come for him

So we pay for the 3 of them ....probably over of £30,000 ... a week.

Add in a part ( I hope it is a small part of Roberts alleged £30,000/ week)...and Richards, Laird, Tim and Lowe.

The board backed Beale heavily.

17. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

I think we all know the effect of managers on professional footballers Yorkie.

It's not like getting a new manager at work, either Yorkie. We all know what a manager does at a football club

More like getting a new CEO, one who says...from now on you won't be sitting at your desks doing your job , you will all be standing up. You won't be working from this office, you will be working from that office over there. I bet you would get a bit sulky too

18. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

I definitely agree on the wages costs, the board gave the snake a lot of trust and money to put into his squad - then he screwed over the club, players and fans as we know. I’m sure the board are smarting at the events, but pick yourselves up and set an example guys. Grow some!!

However, players are big boys and they know how the football business goes. A manager leaves another come in - I imagine footballers have more managers in their (relatively short) career than anyone else does in a work lifetime. They are expected to be mature and do the job they’re paid for not sulk en masse. You get beaten, you’re expected to dust yourself off and come back fighting; not sulk and walk around disinterested. If that’s the atmosphere I can see NC having a further clear out of this, and the youth, squad. There does seem something very toxic around the club and it needs sorting.

kiwiqpr and Yorkshire-Rs like this.
  19. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

It's more than 2 months now since we got a new Manager Beth. Most young blokes don't need anywhere near that long to get over departing girl friends let alone departed Managers. If it was ever a problem which I doubt, that must be behind them now.

20. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

This is what somes us up unfortunately, we struggle to even sign freebies. We haven't spent a penny on transfer fees this season. Frees and loans and still we are running at a loss. As much as I hate to say it, if this is the future going forwards then league 1 is about right.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023