1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer & Rumour Mill.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, May 2, 2018.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

toward the end [ last 20 mins ] there were a couple of good interactions between Niclas and Mo, with Fammy playing number 9 but occasionally getting a bit embroiled outside the box after "dropping back to assist" ! Walsh was "green" but will prove to be a bit like niclas was last season, not quite seasoned enough.
    Weimanm looked pretty fair. topic at the moment is goalie................. max would likely play out of his skin if brought in to play for one or 2 games covering injury /cup match's? but at the moment I think he still needs nurturing, looks brave, goes for it and a couple of times quick to get the ball/play rolling, however he had quite a few wayward clearances .... we need to get Joe on a 4 year deal with a buy out clause. the players we have are all young enough to improve. and up their value? we should be looking to have a team that will deliver before 21/22 ...... it would have been nice to have kept Flint and Reid for another year maybe Mags to but hey ho

2. johngalleyfan2

see Steele has signed for FLOREST! ..quick return to ashton gate!

3. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Bit harsh to compare new signings in a few pre-season games to seasoned favourites at the Gate.
    At the end of the day we all said changes were needed after a steep drop off in the second half of last season and they have, whether the right people left who knows, time will tell!

4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  5. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

I read something last week, the fee mentioned was 700,000 Euros.
    Anyone know how much we paid for him ?

6. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Thought it was around £1.5m (which by my calculations is about 1.5m Euros) <laugh>

7. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Don't tell him that, now we're going get another rant about money being spent and wasted. I swear he thinks he's paying for it all :emoticon-0105-wink:

RedorDead, BCFCRob and Redprintt like this.
  8. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Paid 1.4 million, and it’s rumoured €650,000 so about £600k so fire away @Redprintt thats nearly a million loss. Plus his wages, and probably fuel allowance and any overnight stays in hotels. Don’t want you to get any calculations incorrect when you hammer LJ and SL.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    BCFCRob likes this.
  9. Redprintt

Thanks RODney.
    So that's 2 LJ signings transferred and a million loss on both.

Do you know if we have a further sell on clause with Bolasie - Palace and Boro rumoured want to pay Everton £15million.

Junior will be straight down the sweet shop.

10. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Wasn’t it LJ who turned Reid from a £100k bit-part midfielder into a £10m striker?
    I think you’ll find LJ is in credit despite those losses.

Bigjohnatyeo likes this.

11. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Flint playing his 2nd game for M/boro has just scored his first goal for them.

12. Redprintt

LJ's own words in his last press briefing last season - 'I had no choice but to put Reid up front at the start of the season - ALL my strikers were injured'.
    And what did LJ do when the strikers were fit again, he played them because he likes big strikers. Engvall, Djuric, Fammy.

13. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Ah well
    Flight mode going on - Costa Del Sol for 3 weeks :)
    Hopefully some of the City matches will be shown live over there.

14. RedorDead

We lose nearly a million but Everton are potentially losing £15 million. All said in one comment.
    That shows that it happens to others not just us.

15. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

16. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Well it's looking like a mad deadline day for us. GK (Henderson?), LB (Dasilva?) and ST (who knows) all on their way if the Bristol Post is to be believed (lol).

17. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

Hmm - whilst some of our transfer business has been good/making the best of a bad situation (Reid & Flint leaving), it's uncomfortable that we're apparently still needing to do so much business at the 11th hour. I'm not familiar with how good Henderson is nowadays, but I don't think he's likely to be a step up on Frankie, so unless Maenpaa cements his position we've not improved there. Joe was almost always certain to be on his way, so why are we scrabbling around now? Derby knew Vydra was going so went out and got Marriott well before that move was formally completed...

Striker-wise I think Weimann for £2m was good business, as his energy replaces that of Reid. The scene will look different once Diedhiou's ban is over, and I think it's right to give Taylor an opportunity, with Eisa being eased in, but losing Djuric means losing a physical option. It's a real shame he's suffered so much from injury because I do think he had the potential to prosper in the Championship - ironically, having an experienced player like Wilbraham would have been a good back-up option. I can't see any major signing because it would cannibalise the game-time offered to the existing players, but it's important that they take this opportunity (particularly Taylor), otherwise come the winter transfer window we could decide we need to dip in again. A loan in may make sense to add cover - people derided Cauley Woodrow, but he did enough the few times he was called upon.

18. johngalleyfan2

notice we haven't given the evil post any media coverage for a long time on BCFC SITE!

19. RedorDead

Djuric rumoured now to have left for €1 million, sorry @Redprintt you will have to redo your calcs

20. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member