1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer news: Karim el Ahmadi to Villa

Discussion in 'Aston Villa' started by Cove, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Cove

Cove Well-Known Member

27 year old midfielder Karim el Ahmadi transfer this summer from Feyenoord to Aston Villa. The Dutchman who plays for the Morocco national team joins Villa on a three year deal with the club, the transferfee remains undisclosed.

El Ahmadi played 33 matches last season and was regarded as 'the general' in midfield. Pundits and columnist credited him for being one of the key players that let Feyenoord reach to second place in the championship. Thus giving the club a spot in the 3d qualification round in the Champions League. El Ahmadi says he wants to make the same impact on the team at Villa as he did at Feyenoord: "I am a player that demands the ball and i want to dedicate the team."

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2167657/Karim-El-Ahmadi-joins-Aston-Villa-Feynenoord.html
    Dutch media confirm the story

2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Is he any good Cove?

3. Cove

Cove Well-Known Member

He's is a playmaker. Can give passes that can cut entire defenses open. Last season he had John Guidetti on front of him and El Ahmadi and Jordy Clasie we're the two players on midfield that supplied him with the ball. El Ahmadi can press, he can create space, he has great tactical insight and his timing for the pass is excellent. Like i said, he was the general of the game plan of Feyenoord last year. You didn't notice him that often but he always played his part, mostly subconsciously. His work rate and consistency are very good, though his mentallity can get the better of him. He can get himself into trouble at times with his temper. but i've only seen it happen when Feyenoord lost badly in the 2010-2011 season. Haven't seen it happen last season. He is not the fastest player around, acceleration is not that great and his top speed isn't high either. But he his pressing, man marking skills and tackling are good, and can make him a very usefull DM aswell. He is an experienced player aswell, played 183 Eredivisie matches in his career. His best skill is his positioning. He can create space for others or for himself. He demands the ball on midfield and with his creativity he is usually the one that starts the attack, he is the creative type of player. His strenght and endurance are average in the Eredivisie but i'm afraid it's below par for the EPL. If he is up against, lets say Nigel de Jong, Fellaini and name a couple of other DM's he's going to have a hard time on the pitch. But in general, i think i would do well at Villa.

4. Larry-AV

Larry-AV Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info on KEA, Cove, I shall see for myself when the Home games start.