1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer ban lifted.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Blueman, Dec 6, 2019.

1. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I agree, Maybe Willian's position though? CHO is better LW where Pulisic is getting played so maybe he's looking at a RW to replace/alternate with Willian?

2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Does it really matter what side of the pitch the creativity is coming from though?
    I mean ideally you want it from all sides but Hazard was one man, as is Pulisic.
    I didnt necessarily means Pulisic took Hazards actual position, more that he has taken his role in the side as the creative guy that can run with the ball and provide a spark of pizazz!

3. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

I think we’re already overloaded with players who like to play from the left. Pulisic, CHO, Willian all prefer that side which is why I don’t understand the links with Zaha. We need someone who prefers to play from the other side.

4. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

CHO is not good enough to get in the side at the moment. His short appearances off the bench have been underwhelming. Pulisic is light years better at the moment , and Willian keeps popping up with great games, though looks a bit wasteful and unconvincing to me ,apart from effort, for which he scores 10/10. Zaha would not be on my radar, especially for 80 odd biggies, but trust the manager. Jeremy Boga looks better than all of them, and did so when playing for Vitesse in Holland. Only Conte was dumb enough not to see the potential, but we have a buy back before Barca make us look stupid again a la De Bruyne and Salah.
    Only buy great players, good ones are not good enough.

5. The Ginger Marks

At the time Debruyne and Salah never showed enough as others were better. Some players develop late, Chelsea under big managers never waited.

Naas Blue likes this.
  6. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Anybody seen this Gedson Fernandes play who we’ve apparently bid for? I haven’t....

Midfielder, position we don’t really need to strengthen imo. Is he any good though?

7. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Agree with this, between Mount, Kante, Kovacic and Jorginho, this is perhaps the position in which we have the most quality, and cover.
    So this is an odd move, if true.

We need a CB and a striker, and perhaps a winger to replace the ageing Willian and/or Pedro.

I know nothing of the lad, as I dont watch Portugese footy, by all accounts he is a very highly thought of young talent, but this seems pointless to me.

A CB is priority one imo.

8. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

We need We need.....We have what, we need. We have a great manager a squad that others would die for. give it time. I'm happy with where we are. Onwards and upwards. that's all

Naas Blue and The Ginger Marks like this.