1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Training ground

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by old timer, Jan 3, 2018.

1. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

There is a statement from the Rovers board re the training ground "The Colony" on both Rovers FC latest news latest news Bristol Rovers. The first site is the Evening post news.
    Some good news at last

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Dwane Sports are pleased to announce that Evans Jones Chartered Surveyors and Planning Consultants of Cheltenham have been appointed as manager to oversee the development of The Colony training facilities.

A full planning application will be submitted to the South Gloucestershire County Council planning office, with work commencing once the agreed application has been accepted.

The Club will be providing updates for supporters on the progress of the project via its various media outlets.

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2018/january/thecolonyupdate/

Maybe I am being harsh here but this good news (which doesn't really tell us much apart from we haven't even put in planning permission yet) was just a smokescreen from the news that was released a few hours later that we have sold Bodin. Would we have really heard this "great news" if we were not losing Bodin? I doubt it. To me, this was put out to make the fans have something to cling on to when the Bodin news came out. Its ok to lose Bodin. We are about to put in planning permission for the training ground which could get refused. So no need to be negative guys!!

Gasheadseamge79 likes this.
  3. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

They haven't got a great track record in getting anything built have they?! Let's see if this ever gets off the drawing board.

4. old timer

We have got to travel in hope, I firmly believe

A That it will happen

B If it doesn't then we had better start looking for a new manager because I think that DC will leave because he will be fed up of being continually let down and the requirements to take Rovers forward will in his eyes disappear

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  5. old timer

New update on the ground from Steve Hamer on Bristol Rovers F C latest news (Evening Post) page

6. years ago

years ago Active Member

given up reading and believing anything written by Rovers corespondent in the Post

I truly believe he writes very poorly and is a T.T. working for the mirror group is even too high for him

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.