1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Track 1 - track 12

Discussion in 'Music' started by Deleted 1, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

There seems to be a growing trend for bands to go on the road and advertise that they're going to play a signature album from start to finish. I don't think i've mentioned it but Roddy Frame is doing just that in December with High Land Hard Rain and i have a ticket.

What album would you most like to see played live? You can have 2 - a band that is either still in existence or could reform tomorrow and a band where at least one principle is now dead. If you really like you can go mad and have as many choices as you like and even stick a you tube clip up. I'm nice like that

I'll go with:[video=youtube;HrTHoqYk-qg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrTHoqYk-qg[/video]
    Prefab sprout Jordan the comback

and
    [video=youtube;G6NNGVHrqho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6NNGVHrqho[/video]
    Bob marley Exodus

2. Moses

Moses Well-Known Member

Took me a while to think of this Dan.

I would want to see Dylan's Blonde on Blonde album.

please log in to view this image

The only thing is I wouldn't go and see it as he would most likely totally destroy it. He has this habit of reinterpreting his older material to the point it becomes unrecognizable. A brilliant album that I got into as a kid at the same time punk was happening. It really is him at his peak in my opinion and his voice is even listenable to<laugh> It was the first real "rock" double album. The final track Sad eyed lady of the lowlands goes on for a side. It's still one of my favourite all time songs. For some reason you can't get a lot of Dylan stuff on youtube so I cant post the original.

My dead choice would be The Beatles white album.

[video=youtube;DMZF1A1WnBQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMZF1A1WnBQ[/video]

I chose it as they never played it live. It's a hugely diverse album and it would be interesting to see if they could pull it off live. Revolution 9 would certainly challenge both the band and audience (probably empty the venue). Again it's an album I got into as a kid way after the event. I know they are from Liverpool Dan, but I'm afraid their on your thread now<laugh> Besides this was my Uncle Charlie's favourite album<whistle>

3. rogueleader

rogueleader suave gringo

1 - Exile on Main Street

2 - London Calling

I went to smelly old london to see Green on Red do this a good few years back now ( 2006-ish ? all of the Gas, Food , Lodging album ) , was rather good, dont think Ive seen any other bands who`ve done it

4. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

1.Bob Dylan-Desire
    2.The La's-The La's

5. The Raging Oxter

The Raging Oxter Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

6. RAVENBLACK

RAVENBLACK Well-Known Member

The Raven - The Stranglers

Station To Station - David Bowie

7. stopmeandslapme

stopmeandslapme Well-Known Member

Saw Steve Ignorant perform "Feeding of the Five Thousand".

Favourite LPs hard to say but:

Alive: Fields of the Nephilim - Dawnrazor

Dead: Joy Division - Closer