1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Town v Wimbledon

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by San Diego, Aug 27, 2021.

1. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Wycombe game has been called off.

This will give Cook and the team and a full two weeks of training that hopefully we benefit from come the Bolton game. Wycoombe may wish they hadn't postponed the game as now is a good time to play us and I'm expecting we'll be better by the time the rearranged fixture is played.

Nuggets and Bigalreigned like this.
  2. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I hope we get the keeper at least. Not sure why we're looking at Morsy, Carroll hasn't really been tried yet but if we can get Morsy in permanently I'm cool with that. I know he's been Cook's captain at previous clubs but I have no interest if it's only a loan.

3. Buckyohare

Buckyohare Well-Known Member

Yup; it all looks very fixable from my POV. The errors are not fundamentally deep rooted like our decline under ME; as ITFC says they are surely symptomatic of a disrupted pre season, new players some of whom don’t have loads of first team experience in a dog fight division and of course playing such attacking football and winning is really hard! You can’t make any mistakes, cos u get punished, and we are. So teams don’t tend to do it, eg morcambe etc. And only really superior teams can afford to play like this in pursuit of victory as it’s a risk for delivering such entertaining style.

I’d hate to see us go all negative in order to get some wins just yet. Unless we’re still winless by the end of sept I’d say keep going lads because if/when you win playing like this it’ll be the most joyful thing to watch at PR in a loooong time.

Southcoastoldgaffer and Nuggets like this.
  4. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

It might be fixable but by the time it matters, ie next season, there will be a new set of strengths and weaknesses and what’s happening now will by and large be irrelevant.

I think we now need to start looking at recruiting three or four higher quality players either now or January in key areas where we have weaknesses - GK, CB and ST.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
    Saf likes this.
  5. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure ,now, that the Americans knew exactly what they were letting themselves in for and that the “deal” they struck with ME reflected the absolutely dire situation the whole Club was in.

I.e they paid a pittance (if that) for the Club and their net investment is minimal (given the sales we’ve made) and the overall reduction (probably) of the wage bill.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
    Nuggets and Southcoastoldgaffer like this.