1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Toughest Test?

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by The Gills PegLeg, Apr 3, 2018.

1. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Well we've reverted to our standard selves and now suffered three straight defeats. Having not been any of those games I can't comment on how we performed however I have read a few people stating that the tactics provided by Mr Lovell were wrong. Now I'm not for one minute trying to undermine his feats however this is the first time we've had a poor run under the Welsh Wizard and this is when your skills as a manager are truly tested so can he gee us up for the final few games? Five of our last seven games are all at home but we've not won at Priestfield since beating Fleetwood in January.

I'm sure he can but it is interesting to see what the next few games hold as we've had no official announcement that a new contract for next season has been signed.

2. brb

brb CR250

I think it's fair of me to give Lovell an appraisal at this stage, before the whole thing bottoms out! I'd give him another one season contract with a clause for review in December 2018.

The budget is what it is, take it or leave it.

The Welsh Wizard has done an excellent job and he deserves rewarding. Forget the last three games, we are lucky to have survived L1 for next season and to be honest it's thanks to SL I'm able to look forward to the prospects of Sunderland, maybe even possibly Birmingham and at an outside chance Reading or Hull. Take with that the likely promotion of Luton, Wycombe, maybe even Coventry or Notts County, I enjoyed going to the latter, and some on here will enjoy the prospect of Accrington <laugh> you know who you are ;)

Worse case scenario we end up playing Dover or Ebbsfleet next season as both of them are vying for play-offs.

To me this is our bread and butter, the games i look forward to, if we had gone up to the Championship, we would have come straight back down again, so let's make the most of what we've got, albeit i accept it's not a lot but i enjoy it.

I've not been able to make anywhere near as many games as i would like due to health but that's life. The sad part of that is i can't report back as much has i used to, but will do when i can and when health allows.

Oh and did i mention my decade old social media motto....'Lovell is God'...and one more win please.

3. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

If we dont get at least a point on sat more than likely be 5 defeats in a row with Blackburn on tuesday next.

4. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Exactly which is why it is now so interesting to see what type of a response Mr Lovell can acquire from these players.